Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,294 total)
  • STW Zwift Race Series 3 – Winter
  • nixie

If we start from the windmill pens there really isn’t enough tarmac to make that worthwhile @kirky72.

kirky72
    Free Member

@nixie, I was using the jungle route last time as an example but meaning for any races with any tarmac. Tongue in cheek😀

robbo1234biking

No it will be the same bike throughout.

Great response so far guys – thanks! Will get everyone down on the spreadsheet so you can check your registration on there. I like the way that no-one wants to declare FTP and weight before Xmas – do we see who can get the biggest W/kg decrease!

Anyone going to have a go at the Repack Ridge optional race?

nixie

I will yes. Not done it for ages. Think I only did it once in fact!

I’m planning a ramp test at the beginning of the year so will use the FTP from that.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ll certainly give repack a go. I’m hoping it’s enough random chance that I might be in with a shot there are least.

savoyad

Is repack ridge controlled by phone and/or sterzo? Or is it only compatible with one of the two?

Full gravel or dirt routes in an update would be good. The issue with the non-road sections at the moment is that (apart from the jungle loop) they are always outweighed by the road bits on the routes they are part of. I wonder if they are engineering an algorithm which makes the gravel bikes worthwhile anywhere in the game. (ironically, short essentially pointless gravel bits joining together primarily road is a perfect simulation of how I ride gravel in real life but IRL that demands a gravel bike AND I only do it because I don’t have big mainly gravel routes available to me.).

robbo1234biking

You can use your phone or sterzo if you have one. You just need to mount your phone on the handlebars somehow if you use your phone. Seems to work fairly well in terms of sensitivity.

jimdubleyou

Repack ridge – you can have a phone running the Zwift companion on your bars, and it needs a secure mount 🙂

Not seen the sterzo before, seems like overkill for what is currently a bit of a niche feature.

I reckon you’d only need one of them to make it work.

v7fmp

awesome sauce! Loving the fact we are now MTB only. Good stuff!

Count me in. Use current stats, but will review and update after crimbo!

I best go and try to practice sprinting!

zilog6128

You can use your phone or sterzo if you have one.

I was under the impression that Repack Ridge was actually the only thing you COULDN’T use the proper (Sterzo) steering on, as it was developed with a different tech than the in-race steering. Not got one though so haven’t tried!

I suspect the winner of the RR comp will be whoever has the most patience to redo the course over and over again until perfect 🤣 I will have a crack though

reluctantjumper

Count me in on this if you’ll let a newbie join you! Only started doing Zwift races these last few weeks and they’re much more fun (and painful) than just doing the training, seem to push harder when you have a leaderboard to climb up.

Any particular things I should know about? Haven’t you all been tagging your names with STW and using a particular jersey? Plenty of time to sort it all out. Will be up for Repack Ridge too, something to attack when I’m full of energy.

zilog6128

Haven’t you all been tagging your names with STW and using a particular jersey?

only for the Thursday Team Time Trial (which is also awesome & you are welcome to join, there’s a separate thread for that!). For these races as it’s just us you can look as individual as you like!!

robbo1234biking

@reluctantjumper of course – anyone is welcome!

No particular requirements – I will send over the invites – they are proper Zwift events like any other race but aren’t visible to other users unless you have the private invite and code.

Some people like to wear the Bumblebee jersey but its up to you what jersey you go for.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Any particular things I should know about?

Your first race has to be on a uni cycle.
    On rollers
    And live streamed.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Count me in, I am hoping to have a smart trainer by then so will do a ramp test on it before the start of the new series.

ahote

I’m in for this if I don’t need to change my tag? It sounds like more fun than the wtrl!

FTP and weight might change after Christmas but currently 230W and 70kg……

robbo1234biking

38 signed up so far in 24 hours. I have added everyone to the below list. If i have missed you let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QPxMGqez2VsN-4mD17f90t06NzqSLMMoGe4cUEK1E3U/edit?usp=sharing

@reluctantjumper
    can you let me know your Zwift Username please? I think I have everyone else.

@ahote
    no need to change your tag 🙂

v7fmp

@robbo1234biking sorry to be a right picky so and so, but can you edit my name so it reads:

v7fmp

NOT:

v7mfp

thanking you and much love!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Oh, I think there was a problem with the links I have Robbo – there was only me signed up and seemingly I’ve got to do 12 laps of crit city on my lonesome. I’d probably still lose.

robbo1234biking

@v7fmp – corrected apologies about that – should be sorted

@dangeourbrain
    – I will re-send them out a bit closer to the time to make sure everyone has the right ones.

That’s a point for everyone really – the links will get sent out early in the New Year.

maycontainnuts

Well done for organising again Robbo.

I’m in!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ahhhh. I misunderstood when you said “38 signed up so far in 24 hours” and took it to mean you’d given too much credit and expected me to use my initiative and sign onto one’s I’d proof read 😂

mossimus
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking can you add me please

robbo1234biking

done @mossimus apologies about that!

itsonlymelee
    Free Member

Ooh can I get in on this too, please?

Looked fun from the other thread as I’ve just been getting back into Zwifting but not in time for the previous series. Can’t wait to see just how uncompetitive I am!

svladcjelli
    Free Member

Yes please add me too. Never used the MTB in Zwift yet but will give the Repack Ridge challenge a go. Thank you Robbo for all your work on these.

neilarn2

will give repack ago  not tried it yet with the sterzo yet.

msjhes2
    Free Member

Please can I sign up.

robbo1234biking

@itsonlymelee @msjhes2 @ahote can you let me know your Zwift username please so I can add it to the spreadsheet

I think I have everyone else so far

bedmaker

Thanks for organising this robbo, could you add me in please.

Furrybreeks Maclean (STW)

mahowlett
    Free Member

Ooooh yes please I’m in too, new ftp 258w 🙁 weight 71.2Kg.

Cheers robbo

itsonlymelee
    Free Member

Cheers @robbo1234biking

Zwift username is “It’s OnlyMeLee”

Will get you my weight and up to date FTP before we kick off.

mrhoppy

I can make the 1st one as Mrs Hoppy isn’t riding ZRL until the following week. I’ll get you an FTP and weight in the new year, Surgery and Christmas will mean that both are wrong at the moment.

Is the new jungle circuit available as an option?

weeksy

Robbo, I’ve just ridden the serpentine figure 8. It’s a new route an 90-95% gravel. Could be worth adding

mrhoppy

It’s similar distance to 3 laps but a bit more interesting with different directions on the roads. Only 2 goes at Power-ups though.

oopnorth
    Free Member

@weeksy I rode Serpentine 8 with Robbo and Stumpy earlier this week and I said the same thing at the time. I think Rob is looking into it, it would be a good route, much better than the old jungle loop.

danielcbaron

Can I sign up please? New to the forum, my Zwift username is Daniel Baron ftp 270w weight 80kg. Cheers

robbo1234biking

Absolutely Daniel. Will get the links out in the new year when I send a reminder to everyone to register up to day weights and ftps. Looking at Zwift though lots of people seem to be riding this year.

danielcbaron

Thankyou, yes it’s been a perfect storm of lockdown, working from home, kids off school and garbage weather which led me to Zwift, on the plus side I’m looking forward to being fit for spring.

robbo1234biking

Good Afternoon all. Everyone who has registered should have received a PM from me with the links to the 6 races of the series.

If I missed you of the list – apologies! Just let me know and I will get the details over to you.

Still lots of space for more racers (in fact we dont have a limit) so if you want to join in post on here or PM me with your weight and FTP and I will get the links over to you.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,294 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Race Series 3 – Winter’ is closed to new replies.