Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,294 total)
  • STW Zwift Race Series 3 – Winter
  • robbo1234biking

Oh and as it is using the proper TT launch thing you will get an individual start time for Race 2 Bologna.

Jonno

Would like to give this a go please, need something to help me get through winter. Not really done any racing before so could be interesting!

Will check what my current ftp is and send a pm.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Quick PSA…

We’ve scheduled a STW social ride tomorrow at 8.30am on Petit Boucle. Nice and easy pace with a few sprints for those so inclined. @Robbo1234biking has scheduled the meetup so if you’re on his good list you’ll get an invited;) If you’re not DM him. It’ll be good to get a decent group going and help those doing the Rapha 500 on their way. SP

scaredypants

Question for Robbo and his harem of elite racers:

(thanks for the message with the race links Robbo), if I know I can only do alternate weeks is it better for “our” standing within zwift to sign up for all 6 and then not turn up or just do the 3 I can attend ?

piemonster

Question for Robbo and his harem of elite racers

Having double checked the meaning of “harem”. This really does bring up some unpleasant images

weeksy

You’ve seen Robbos profile pic too then!

scaredypants

you haven’t done the Macarena vid yet, have you piemonster ?

I’ve still got marks from those clamp-on tassles

robbo1234biking

@scaredypants yes please sign up to all as the more numbers the more positive it is for the STW Zwift community!

@weeksy
    lol it’s just a pic of me with my dad!

robbo1234biking

So we are up to 56 entries so far. Lots of new recruits and quite a few light weights who may enjoy the hills!

There are a few from previous series who havent signed up – still interested?

Also word on the street is that @nixie might not be as fast this time!

So any of the below fancy joining in again?

@Garry_Lager

@DrP

@undarra

@crazyharry

@jeff

@ogg

@whirld

@cbott

@tlr

@dandasbike

@iamtheressurection

@crust

@harry_too

@shortcut

@unclezaskar

@doordonot

@jmd12

@poopscoop
    (good SDW training!)

bails

Can I join in too please? New to Zwift.

67kg. 189w FTP (which feels low based on some of the earlier posts)

nixie

Project slow down well in progress. Still got two 9″ Christmas cakes to eat! On the plus side less handicap 😆.

jeff

Sign me up again thanks, cannon fodder category!

Garry_Lager

Yes for me Rob, same ftp and weight as last time thks.

DrP

My invite has gone… can ya ping me another please xxx

DrP

dandasbike
    Free Member

Yes I’ll have a go again please robbo. Been Ill but I’m back on it again now.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

When do you need updated weights by robbo? I’m thinking I can starve my self back to approximately 2 white rhino by Tuesday but at the moment I’m about 1 African elephant give or take a calf.

undarra
    Free Member

Hi Robbo, could you add me again please. FTP 227 & 78Kg (and rising!). Cheers

1timmy1
    Free Member

He needs it by the 3rd of Jan to calculate all the handicaps.

robbo1234biking

Thanks all – think i have everyone who has messaged me or posted on this.

Yes @dangeourbrain need the stats by tomorrow evening so I can get the handicaps done on Monday. Cheers

oopnorth
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking I just did a ramp test and got a decent increase to a FTP of 283.
    However the weigh in went the other way to 90kg, a 2kg increase so it probably negates any improvement 🤣🤣

Work to be done…

paino

321W & 80kg. ZP has bumped me up into A. Even though my last race fell way below the criteria required to be in that category.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll hop on the scales today then. If you don’t hear back in sat in a corner trying to figure out how I put on more weight in two weeks than I lost all year.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

ZP has bumped me up into A. Even though my last race fell way below the criteria required to be in that category.

I seem to recall seeing something somewhere about them fixing that as too many people seemed to have a couple of great races then one really bad one which kept them in lower categories.

This may be misremembering or correctly remembered but one of the community suggestions (so never acted on obviously)

nixie

321W & 80kg

We are going to be very close this time. I’m a couple of kg lighter but otherwise very similar headline power now.

robbo1234biking

Paino is the yellow jersey holder for this series as well so has to defend the yellow jersey! First race has a fastest lap award but no sprint points for this one (why cant they put a sprint section on the jungle loop (maybe across the bridge!)

Thanks all for the other updates – have got those down.

Just did a race to see if I still had some racing legs left. It was 2 laps of the cliffside loop – about 100 starters. I got in the front group but couldnt hold the pace and ended up fighting for around 23/24 on the road. Did good on the climb on both loops as didnt get dropped but struggled to get a good consistent power on the new section of road for some reason. In any case came in 4th on ZP and seeing as the others had a good weight advantage over me I will take that. That course works well for a race route with a couple of climbs and the flat. Back to some structured training for me on Monday but it is hard to fit in with the race series on Tuesdays and TTT on Thursdays!

DrP

@robbo123biking
    You able to re-invite me please?

DrP

robbo1234biking

@DrP. Check your PMs. There should be one from me from this morning with a link to all 6 races. Are your mates joining in again this time? If so let me know weight and Ftp and pass the links onto them. Cheers.

itsonlymelee
    Free Member

Only recently back on Zwift (few months) so not very familiar with all the routes.

Today’s mission is to have a pootle around the Jungle Circuit. Curious as to what’s meant by this in the OP write up of the first race:
    “Starts from the pens near the windmill so you have to get to the start line first.”

Will we not be taken to the start point when joining the event? (I guess I might find out later when I do the route).

jimdubleyou

Will we not be taken to the start point when joining the event? (I guess I might find out later when I do the route).

Yes you will.

It’s a lollipop course – you do x kms to get to the lap start then it’s three laps from there.

But the race starts from start, not the lap start.

Just did my ramp test… Still Cat D…

I also need to change my grip tape, because it ******** stinks.

itsonlymelee
    Free Member

@jimdubleyou aha gotcha, thanks very much – that makes perfect sense now you’ve explained it 🙂

weeksy

Due to surgery i’m likely to only make race1. But i’ll be watching the others.

robbo1234biking

Yeh as Jim says there is a lead in (which is mostly downhill) before the 3 laps start. But it will be a hard start from the dropping of the flags in the pen!

giggsmaster
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking

I’m still at 67kg with FTP 215.

I won’t be able to make the 1st four races as I’m working away again, I’ve signed up for them though.

PITA, as I wanted to start the year on a good run of races during the week, with a long ride at weekend! 😢

scaredypants

Seems Christmas has been as expected for me – wt up to 81kg
    Zwift thinks my FTP is 280 which at least is a tad up from the last series, too

Oblongbob

Haven’t managed to do an FTP test yet, but I know you need our stats. But my garmin is usually giving me 308W for zwift rides (or slightly less some days), which feels about right, and I’m a mere 97 kg. Will update after I get a ramp test done, but if you can use that for now that would be great.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Just had a panic thinking it was Monday and I’d missed the deadline to update my weight and FTP, but it’s Sunday!

Even though a vast majority of it was at z2/3, I’m still feeling the fatigue from doing the extra saddle time during the Festive 500, ~20 hours since 21st Dec, about the same as I managed from 27th Nov to 20th Dec.

Will see how I feel later as regards an FTP test, might have to use an estimate from Crickles for now, but I will jump on the scales.

robbo1234biking

68 signed up so far.

Thanks everyone for the updates. Cut of is this evening in case you arent sure what day it is post xmas (it is a Sunday today!).

Did a ramp test this morning and boosted my FTP from 280w to 287w so pretty happy with that.

@munkeymadness
    @bedmaker I have sent you a PM to clarify a couple of details (not sure if notifications are working for PMs at the moment as I had 5 messages that I has no notifications for and if you browse on your phone it doesnt come up automatically). If you can get back to me – cheers!

Oblongbob

I was completely lying. I’m 91kg. That would have helped my handicap!! Sorry Robbo!

weeksy

Robbo, add Crust in please, same figures as previously

drew

Hi Robbo, surprisingly weight has remained the same over Christmas period at 75kg. Completed Sufferfest Half Monty yesterday and came out with an ftp of 230W. Looking forward to Tuesday, I think.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,294 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Race Series 3 – Winter’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM