Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,294 total)
  • STW Zwift Race Series 3 – Winter
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@oopnorth you didn’t make the tdz this morning either then? 😂

karnali
    Free Member

How do you find sprint and climb segments for the race, are they in zwiftpower results somewhere

nixie

@karnali at the top of the event results page in zwift power there is a link labelled ‘Sprints & KOMs’. Click that.

jimdubleyou

I came 3rd in CatC GC, after it looks like @HaloricJr didn’t race the final.

I was hoping to get a gap ahead of @1timmy1 all the way round, but he did what he needed to do on the flat (stay in the group) and smashed me on the hill.

Aims for next series: get fitter and lighter. Won’t help the handicap 😢, but I might be able to walk the next day🤣

DrP

@dangeourbrain @oopnorth
    I’m down for TDZ ride a tomorrow at 8am..fancy joining??

DrP

kirky72
    Free Member

Just enjoying your stream from last night Ian but it now appears to have been blocked. It’s a shame I didn’t get as far as the sprint before it was removed. Probably copyright on the tunes.

DrP

yeah..jsut seen that..one song causing issue – YT is just muting it, so give it a few minutes and it’ll be up again…

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Tempting as that sounds DrP I’m due in the office tomorrow so need to be out of the house before that.

lewisdeacon

@stumpy01 I was the same – at the back with you but through london couldn’t make any time to catch you at all – HR was stuck at about the same too. I did TDZ on Monday night and pushed pretty hard, so maybe that was it

kirky72
    Free Member

I might join you Ian if I can get the kids and dog sorted by then. which course do you fancy, they are all lame choices for the final stage aren’t they?

DrP

all look lame, yeah!! I’ve been doing all group A, so prob the same here…
    Think it’s……
    drum roll…

LONDON FLAT!!!

Anyway, will do it at a casual pace to actually let legs recover a bit!!

DrP

jeff

Thanks Robbo – looking forward to the next one.

funkybaj
    Free Member

at the top of the event results page in zwift power there is a link labelled ‘Sprints & KOMs’. Click that.

For some reason it’s only showing Keith Hill for me, not the sprint.

nixie

Very odd. The primes tab shows the first across the line for the sprint however not the whole field.

stumpy01

lewisdeacon

@stumpy01
    I was the same – at the back with you but through london couldn’t make any time to catch you at all – HR was stuck at about the same too. I did TDZ on Monday night and pushed pretty hard, so maybe that was it

@lewisdeacon
    – I was gonna comment during the race, but had to use my laptop keyboard which was quite far away from me so more than a couple of words was a struggle.
    There was a section through London (perhaps 5km worth) as we were approaching the hill where you started bring the gap down & I kept having to push to maintain/increase the distance again.

I keep looking at the gap to the next cluster of racers & thinking there is still a lot of work to do 🙂

savoyad

@benman said:

I smuggly thought we were going to chase @Crazyharry down before the climb

Bah, you actually messaged this when he was dangling solo 6 seconds (or so) in front of us, shortly after his huge bridging effort, with a long way still to ride, and it really didn’t seem smug in the circumstances. And if it was smug…let’s just say you weren’t exactly outvoted by the rest of the group! @crazyharry has form for bridging from group to group, so it’s risky to let him go, but I really thought the decision not to chase him down made sense.

Although – until you made the smugness comment here – I had wondered if you were really motivated by stopping our group splitting on the flat until you could smash us up the climb rather than making a genuine call about what to do with about @crazyharry (not so much “don’t worry, we’ll catch him” as “I’ll catch him solo later mwah haha”)

lewisdeacon

@stumpy01 yeah i just couldn’t close those last 20 seconds and then as soon as i hit the hill my legs said no so I just had to let the gap go – still was fun trying to chase someone down or at least keep the gap about the same where I felt I didn’t have the power.

I think I am likely to be into C for the next race series as my weight has come down and power not changed by much – so know what you mean about trying to get to the next cluster (assuming they were the rest of the C group)

oopnorth
    Free Member

dangeourbrain

@oopnorth
    you didn’t make the tdz this morning either then? 😂

@dangeourbrain
    I decided to give the quads a rest after the pain of last night, it seems okay this morning so that’s good news! Plus it was such a lovely morning I decided to walk the dog down the beach.

@DrP
    I’m going to do the 7am one in the morning, probably Paris cos I like the course, as it’s our workout recovery week and we are meant to be taking it easy…except for last night…so I will be doing a simple pootle just to get the TDZ ticked off.

nixie

I’m going to miss the race next week. Not sure what to replace it with.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

There was mention previously of a flat* social** with sprints. I’ll probably put out some invites for that later this afternoon.

*it might not be that flat, something short with sprints though.

**it might not be that sociable 😅

(I’m thinking Queens highway or Dutchy are both short and sprinty)

J-R

I really thought the decision not to chase him down made sense.

I for one was very relieved.

There was mention previously of a flat* social** with sprints

I may be interested in that.

robbo1234biking

Just wanted to say thanks for all the positive comments once again 🙂 it is very rewarding to know that everyone is enjoying it (in spite of the pain and dsicomfort!)

Waiting to get the sign up links for the next series from Zwift and then will get a thread up for the next series…some more twists in this one once again (but nothing as evil as last night…I dont think).

It was a good course last night but there was literally no rest at all. Not even a 20 second downhill to relax on and catch a breath!

scaredypants

Well done everyone, and HUGE thanks & credit of course to @robbo1234biking
    I must also remember to buy something nice for the person who does my work rotas – I missed last night AND the TT due to her !😎 Sadly also missed a few others just due to work busyness and so only rode the one, I think. Must do better (and then “do better”)

During the “off-season”, I wondered about us all doing a group ride using that elastic band in place of a race one week, so everyone gets the chance to ride all together and bantz the night away ?
    If nothing else it’d make a great screenshot !

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Waiting to get the sign up links for the next series from Zwift and then will get a thread up for the next series…some more twists in this one once again (but nothing as evil as last night…I dont think).

Is that how you’re breaking “despite @oopnorth ‘s lobbying there is no radio tower finish this series” to us? I was really looking forward to that.

weeksy

I only watched from Dr Ps feed and it was absolute chaos. attack, attack, push push attack…. was bonkers to watch. It was like watching the Paris Roubaix with people just going at eachother contstantly.

oopnorth
    Free Member

“despite @oopnorth ‘s lobbying there is no radio tower finish this series” to us?

First I’ve heard of this…last place I’d want to ride is that tower, unless we start at the top and ride down!

@weeksy
    it was like that right through the field, attacks all over the place.

nixie

I’m hoping for a proper (>500m) climb at some point. Like the Innsbruck round in series 1. Or maybe something evil like the route that loops the NY kom.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

First I’ve heard of this…last place I’d want to ride is that tower, unless we start at the top and ride down!

The nature of it being the finish is its the last place you ride 😉

oopnorth
    Free Member

Or maybe something evil like the route that loops the NY kom.

NO!!! Just NOOOOO!

weeksy

I just want it moving to midday on a Sunday 😀

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well I’ve put together an invite for next Tuesday :

Dutchy estate for 60mins at 19.30.

It’s short with a reasonable sprint so should give plenty of chances to test legs for those that wish.

I’ve tried to tally the invites to Robbo’s results sheet, as best I can but can only find 38 of you on my list, which suggests I’m blind, several folks aren’t following me or I’ve got the wrong user name.

If you’d like an invite and any of those three appears to hold true let me know (and make sure you’re following me as I can’t invite you if you’re not)

nixie

Have just followed you @dangeourbrain

dknwhy

@dangeourbrain invite for me too please – Dan K (STW) on zwift. I follow you already….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Done and done

euain

And me please.. I’ve just followed you.

Edit – thanks!

DrP

And how about I ping an invite out for a Sunday Hills on feb 21st, but as an elastic band group ride, so we can all ride and chat…?

DrP

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Before I create a separate thread and seeing how this is where the cool kids hang out – would there be any interest in a STW RGT Cycling event/series?

I’m thinking – elimination race then a flying lap sprint on a velodrome course followed by a crit or road race of approx 10 miles.

RGT is free for basic users and I’ve got a paid account so I can set-up and invite people. Only potential issue is you can’t use a dumb trainer + speed sensor, you need to have a smart trainer or power meter.

RGT isn’t as cool as Zwift but it does have some nice touches, the physics are better etc and you get auto-braked into corners so accelerating up to speed is a thing, as is getting a breather on sharp bends rather than doing 500w on a downhill hairpin!

I know some people have struggled with the Tuesday nights so could arrange for a different day/time easily enough.

I’m not as clever as Rob so I probably won’t do a handicap system but, and it’s a big but to be fair, I think having the 3 events scored on points should allow for different riders to do well in different events and complete for an overall.

For example, based on the Zwift series I’d fancy my chances of at least a top ten in a 250m flying lap, not so much the 10 miles road race!

If there’s any interest let me know and I’ll get something sorted, if not we’ll just have to pester Rob to get the spring series up and running!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

a flying lap sprint on a velodrome course

I don’t imagine that’s much fun on a turbo.
    I mean what makes a velodrome appealing without the fear of inevitable death when you’ve given too much on the sprint and can no longer turn the pedals fast enough to prevent the wheel locking or the sudden realisation those corners are quite high and quite steep and your tyres are really skinny and you’re not going fast enough to lean over that far?

dknwhy

@DrP – what time are you thinking for the 21st?
    Now that TDZ is done, I’ll try to get a bit more involved on the group rides. Always have good intentions of getting up early on a weekend but it’s a struggle for 8am.

DrP

hills is normally 0830… means the ride is done, then we can start the day!

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,294 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Race Series 3 – Winter’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM