Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • STW Winter rides…
  • Kryton57

Well, that time is almost upon us, the weather has closed in and the Race Blades went on this morning:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2htKnaw]20191012_101324[/url]

So now I’m ready for those long, damp cold Sunday mornings to get through the Winter period, and am about to map all the coffee and cake locations….

So where are we all going and what are we riding this Winter?

weeksy

Mostly the same. Trails is the t130 with an enduro guard on the front and an ugly mudguard on the rear.

When it’s wet wet wet, it’s Zwift.

2019-10-05_10-18-19

colournoise

Ride the same bikes and setups all year round. Used to change tyres for winter, but meh…

Only real concession to the winter this year is that I’ve built my old BFe up as a singlespeed, cable braked, no dropper cruddy weather hack. Might get more use in the wet clay than the other two this year…

chiefgrooveguru

“Ride the same bikes and setups all year round. Used to change tyres for winter, but meh…”

Ditto! I like a semi-slick on the flatter trails in the summer but the lack of braking when it’s steep, dry and loose bothers me. And a cut spike like a Hillbilly or a Magic Mary just works all year round. No road bikes, just MTBs (commuting included!)

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Much the same as in the summer for me: Wind Hill every weekend and the occasional visit to BPW or Triscombe. Pump track sessions during the week.

Wind Hill holds up really well in the wet – especially the black runs. Won’t be doing much riding in Rowberrow, though, until we have at least a week or so of dry weather (so probably next summer, then).

JP

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Did a road ride today on my gravel bike only because I did not want to wash a MTB but I shall dig out the fattie for the mud just come two months earlier this year in the Cotswolds and Wiltshire happy days early January in the Forest Of Dean was bone dry and dusty don’t think that will be happen in 2020 never know!!!

w00dster

Winter bike is my Trek Fuel Ex with Maxxis Shorty up front. Makes keeping up with buddies on the ups hard, but lots of fun going down.
    I’ll still ride road over winter, but it’s much more fun going into the woods when it’s raining outside.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Still 6 weeks off Winter yet.

The weather has been so bad this Autumn I often have had to remind myself its only September/October it’s been pretty rough for this time of year to say the least!!

It’s been very unkind!

Even August as well was a total washout!

scotroutes

Winter you say?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gQRo8z]DSC_0585[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

New fatbike for this coming winter. Not that it’s far off.

Packing up from bivvy this morning…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2huiAYj]DSC_0763[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

grannyjone
    Free Member

When real Winter hits it’s actually the ice to worry about more so than the mud

Proper Winter = “Beast from the East” type conditions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘STW Winter rides…’ is closed to new replies.