Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)
  • STW "Southern Shandy Drinking Softies" Purbeck ride 24-04-2010 – route now here!
  • Slogo
    Free Member

Talkemada – Member
    Well don't blame me when all your cars get broken into and all your pants are stolen.

i dont wear pants!

anyway this is going to be great, its deffinatly going to be hot hot hot.

DrP

🙂

Thousands of pounds worth of rare metal bikes, hundreds of posts on here about how to get better at riding, yet 32 miles of beautiful, relaxed off-roading brings us to shivers 😉

M/WTFU and see you all on sat!!!

DrP

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I'll call you tonight Dr, to arrange pick ups etc. Gonna be a scorcher by the look of it.

DrP

Cool!
    Any idea if your missus will join us for lunch? get her to give my lady a call!

DrP

aP
    Free Member

I've just google mapped a route there from home and it appears to go via Cherbourg and take 1 day 5 hours. Seem quite a surprise as I rather thought it was just down the M3.

DezB
    Free Member

Yay! A big ride. Just what the Dr(P) ordered. See you there folks 🙂

Conespanner

@ Kona -ona I can sympathize with the back, I ended up doing under the knife. Have you not tried exercises to push the disc back in??

lexiekay
    Free Member

I think I'm going to come on this, but i wont know anyone so please be nice to me 😛

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Dr, i think she might come along to meet up. Mulletus' missus is coming down too, so they might all be able to go together.

I'm having a few mechanical issues at the moment so might make a last minute dash to yours for assistance if i can't sort them out.

DrP

Sure thing – tonight or tomorrow am?

I'll get M'lady to call yours tonight, as they can all meet up at the pub at, say, 2ish?

Looking out over the Purbeck isles now – Bootiful!

DrP

cinnamon_girl

Could I please have a linky to the Sandbanks car park? Apologies for being such a bimbo. 😳

singletrackmind

Hi CG . I have baked some energy bars just for you (and mayb DezB as he likes my cooking , oh and Meltus as he likes em too).
    They are full of …..cinnamon! , and nutella, oatbran, oats, ginger and syrup. Hope you like cinnamon

oldfart

Weather may change as i've y=took my crudguards off just for this occasion !Apologies in advance .

mmb
    Free Member

try here for street map http://www.pooletourism.com/downloads/assets/Poole_Town_Centre_Street_Map_2009.pdf
    sandbanks car park is in bottom right corner labelled as sandbanks pavillion you may need to zoom in a little.

cinnamon_girl

stm – oooooh, sounds decidedly yummy! Thank you. 😀 Of course I like cinnamon!

oldfart – you should not have put them on in the first place! Spoils the aesthetics. 🙄

mmb – thank you. 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I'm sure I can help you eat some of your bars Rob, they're tasty. 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Roll call time.

definites:

me and Dr P, Mulletus Maximus, mmb, c_g, oldfart +2, P Poddy & Mrs, Simwit, psychle +1, RichPenny, Slogo, DezB, Daryl, singletrackmind

Probables:

lexiekay, qwerty, lovell, annabanana, harveyStedham, piha, the Germinator +1, GreatWhyte

Possibles:

ghengispod, thisisnotaspoon, aP, dobo, strangelove, XC_PK, mboy

Any more confirmations or cancellations?

mmb
    Free Member

definate my mate adam too possible 1 other (ant)

Olderthandirt
    Free Member

I'll be there. Coming down with the Poddy's.

Strangelove
    Free Member

I'm not a possible
    I have to go to that London in the morning. I wont be jealous at all as I am fighting the crowds and breathing the pollution while thinking of you lot sipping a shandy at the Square & Compass, puzzling over the welcome to France messages on your mobiles. Bah 🙁

psychle
    Free Member

sorting out my bike & bits now… really looking forward to this (though I suspect I may well be the most overbiked on an Enduro SL 😉 )

See ya'll tomorrow! DrP, I have your mobile, thanks for that, mmb I think we'll see you at the train station? We get in at 0954 or thereabouts 🙂

Simwit

I'll be coming down with Piha so move him into the definate pile!

singletrackmind

Dez will be on a 575 and I will be on a proflex with 140mm f + r so pretty much Enduro spec bikes.
    Sun tan cream in the bag. tyres pumped up, car fuelled so all good.
    See y'all tomorrow

Rob

psychle
    Free Member

egg-cellent… I don't feel so bad now 🙂 Wife is in for a shock I suspect, this is her first 'proper' ride… I'm confident she'll be OK, but we shall see 😯

piha
    Free Member

Woo hoo, bike is loaded into the car and is ready to go. Sausage pie and a pint has my name on it at the Square and Compass.

mmb
    Free Member

psychle – see you at the station 10am for sure!

cinnamon_girl

psychle – please reassure your wife that the Slackers group is THE group to be in 8)

Forum Rides are terrific fun – totally chilled, no bossy boots types, it's all about enjoying the riding and the banter as well as the pub stops!

qwerty
    Free Member

**** – i just realised this ride is tomorrow – i thought it was a sunday ride – if i can be out the door by 7am i'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cinnamon_girl

I've just opened another beer …

No self-restraint 😳

HarveyStedham
    Free Member

I have to work tomoz now 🙁 so that sucks was looking forward to this

oldfart

cg sod the aesthetics i'll take a dry bum anytime 😀

thegerminator
    Free Member

Can confirm germinator + one will be waiting
    as you storm ashore off the ferry!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Me+4, including aannaabbaannaannaa 🙂

cinnamon_girl

oldfart – waterproof shorts! Problem solved.

the germinator – dunno about storming off the ferry! I will be looking for the sick bucket 😳

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

with the amount of hot air likely to be heard tomorrow, we could probably fly across the water.

DrP

Let's rock and/or roll baby…!!!

DrP

peteimpreza

Have fun everyone

Paceman
    Free Member

I think i drove past you all in our school minibus about 3pm on the road from Studland to Swanage. Looked like you were having fun, and some luurvely bikes 🙂

I'm stuck away on a school field weekend – no riding the trails unfortunately. Hope you had a good one.

Paceman

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Anyone else home yet?

RichPenny
    Free Member

I am, just relaxing waiting for a mate to come round. I love that place 🙂 Cheers to all for another great ride, looking forward to seeing some photos.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘STW "Southern Shandy Drinking Softies" Purbeck ride 24-04-2010 – route now here!’ is closed to new replies.