Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • STW "Southern Shandy Drinking Softies" Purbeck ride 24-04-2010 – route now here!
  • singletrackmind

Whoever the lovely young lady was whose puncture i fixed. It will be worth, if you haven't already done it, deflating the tyre and rotating it so the valve is better aligned with the hole in the rim, its a few mm out . They are more likely to rip out if not sitting square.
    Sorry , I didn't get your name
    Rob * puncture repairer extraordinaire

psychle
    Free Member

Oh yes, respect to the youngsters (one on the jumpy bike) doing H U G E wheelies on tarmac.

Who was the chap on the Cannondale Prophet (coil shock)? He was quite handy with the old trials skillz 🙂 And the chap who rode the Spooky Band Wagon around all day (with practically no seatpost and his knees up in his armpits!), nice bloody job, chapeau!

Simwit

Great photo's one and all & I'm pleased to see that most of the ones featuring moi are of my back which is arguably (no definately) my best side! P.S I forgot to apologise yesterday to everybody for the ear battering you all recieved from my shrieky brakes, don't worry I've ordered new pads today 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

That was Chris on the Prophet and Alex on the Spooky. Alex's other bike choice is a 45lb DH bike that I've seen him pedal (mostly) round Afan on a 38t ring 😯

Agree that they are both irritating talented 🙂 I hope in vain that I might learn something from them, I suppose I crash a bit less frequently these days but I still can't fricken wheelie 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh. Yes. Wonderful day! 🙂 It's ALWAYS sunny in the 'Becks isn't it? Well it is when I go 😉

Again, thenks to DrP and Rusty for a super spiffing day in the countryside. 😀

Pics are done, camera survived being thrown down the road at 15mph too….

Full set HERE

Couple of tasters

The day was mostly like this

Dust! The proof!

Was it really THAT steep???

Splish!

My usual stunt monkey puts on an MBUK face. Gnaaaaaarrrrr to the MAXXXXXX!

Cyclists. 'Farsands ov 'em!

My mechanical. I think I've blown a seal. 😯

oldfart

Great pics as usual Pete .Thought i'd gotten away without one of me eating .Wrong !Did i see a certain Enduro God to be choosing the dry option over the bridge at the water splash ?
    Was Kirsty doing a promo for a new fitness Dvd at the pub ?Now stretch and feel the burn ! 😀
    Anyone a bit apprehensive about joining an STW ride should take a look at theses pics .Fun fun fun !

DezB
    Free Member

My usual stunt monkey puts on an MBUK face. Gnaaaaaarrrrr to the MAXXXXXX!

Isn't there a picture of him avoiding the watersplash by using the BRIDGE ??!! "Stunt monkey" indeed!

soma_rich
    Free Member

So annoyed I couldn't make it!

Anna-B
    Free Member

Great pics Peter. Glad your camera survived its crash – that was quite dramatic!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Isn't there a picture of him avoiding the watersplash by using the BRIDGE ??!! "Stunt monkey" indeed!

He doesn't like getting dirty. Image to keep up and all that…. 🙂

There's a couple of good ones of you somewhere….

Anna – Thanks for the bread! I had it with my tea last night. 😀 Om nom nom!

Olderthandirt
    Free Member

I was only worried about getting Petes car seats dirty on the way home, honest!

Anna-B
    Free Member

You're welcome Pete, thanks for the help that warranted the bread! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

aNYWAY. I think you brought the right bike this time Gaz… 😉

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Did anybody happen to take a gps trace that they could send to me?

Due to family stuff I wasn't free on Saturday but would be keen to have a go around the route you guys did.

Cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Missed out on the ride, but went camping in that part of the world with the missus instead, think we passed you in the midget heading West allong the main road form Swanage to Corfe?

DezB
    Free Member

Map is at beginning of this thread 🙂

I think DrP will have a gps of it. He kept going beep.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

For thsoe in the know, I'll be organising a ride up my way in the Summer. July time I'm thinking. I won't be posting it on here, it'll be invite only because we start and finish (Probably with BBQ) at my house and I can't deal with/feed nearly 40 people, sorry!

Anybody who's interested drop me an email though 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Missed out on the ride, but went camping in that part of the world with the missus instead, think we passed you in the midget heading West along the main road form Swanage to Corfe?

Yep, I remember seeing your car (green one, right?)! I actually did think to myself 'I wonder if that's that chap off STW with the MG?' cool car 8)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Indeedy, dark green with rubber bumpers and a particularly noisy exhaust 8)

bobsoff2
    Free Member

PeterPoddy wrote.. "Was it really THAT steep???"
    Nah, but it looks good in the pic tho !! 😆
    'twas a bl**dy sight steeper climbing back up and around it !
    Thanx for a cracking day guys.. and for booking the "purrfick wevvur"
    Shame about the dust tho.. 😉
    And 29'ers are NOT clowns bikes..X

Anna-B
    Free Member

And 29'ers are NOT clowns bikes..X

And I suppose you think that's some Haribo in the bank for next time?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Poddy: you are photomeister!

singletrackmind

Very good photo's PP.
    I can even see daylight underneath my front wheel in one of them , about 1" worth mind.

piha
    Free Member

Wow, loads of great photo's there, captures the day really well. Thanks again to the organisers and to thanks everyone that come along. Long may the dusty trails and fine weather continue.

lexiekay
    Free Member

@singletrackmind – thank you so much for fixing my puncture! And for the advice above – am on the case. I must have got another slow puncture on the rear wheel as when I got my bike out of the car in the morning it was flat… So got some mending to do!

@DrP – yep i did come over on my own, and thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome! Was a bit nervewracking to start with but i really enjoyed the day 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

What an incredibly handsome, and clearly talented Riding God. You wouldn't happen to have any other skills too, would you? Ooh, I dunno, say possibly in the food and drinks industry??

cinnamon_girl

Our very own (adopted) Southern Shandy Drinking photographer has done another mighty fine job, well done Pete. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

I must have got another slow puncture on the rear wheel as when I got my bike out of the car in the morning it was flat… So got some mending to do!

Need any help? I know a man who is great at fixing punctures 😉

You wouldn't happen to have any other skills too, would you? Ooh, I dunno, say possibly in the food and drinks industry??

He can shoot lazer beams out of the top of his head.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He can shoot lazer beams out of the top of his head.

That's his new hairstyle….. 😉

col83
    Free Member

Hi
    Going to do this route soon. Does anyone have a GPX or any other gps file I can have?
    I'm pants at reading maps!
    Col

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Is it me or do Annabanana's forks look a bit soft? I know theres a step/drop there, but it seems a bit small for complete compression. If they were up in their travel a bit more, she might not have gone over like that.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Yes indeed I couldt make it either and would like a gpx if that's possible. As there's a few of us after one might be an idea for one of us to load one up to bikely or similar , assuming we can have one of course. Failing that I'll blame it on colin if we get lost this Saturday ( hi col!)

cheers (dan)

DrP

Route uploaded to bikely here!

Lovely pics there PP!

DrP

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Thanks DrP, much appreciated

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I think Annas main problem was lack of speed. She was at walking pace when it happened. I'll put the video up if i can work out how to.

col83
    Free Member

Thanks Dan! See you Saturday.
    And thanks to DrP for the route.
    Col

Anna-B
    Free Member

I'll put the video up if i can work out how to.

Please don't! Seriously.

Have e-mailed you to ask for a link to the footage or the file if poss, but hotmail has crashed, not sure if you got it.

I want to see what I did wrong, but some things need to remain private, Rusty Trowel……

Ta.

psychle
    Free Member

I want to see what I did wrong, but some things need to remain private, Rusty Trowel……

Yep, it's bad form to take a video of a girl and then post it on the internet for everyone to critique… so I'm told… 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

well, if they're that compressed over that bump and walking speed, they must be on the soft side, no?

Zoolander
    Free Member

Thanks Dr P much appreciated.
    And aye, see you Saturday Col .

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘STW "Southern Shandy Drinking Softies" Purbeck ride 24-04-2010 – route now here!’ is closed to new replies.