Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 516 total)
  • STW Peaks Pootlers – February 13th
  • thepodge
    Free Member

not sure if i can make this one. the girlfriend takes her last ever exam to become a GP the day before so i suspect I'll be out drinking and eating and demanding to be a kept man till the small hours of the 13th.

swampi
    Free Member

i shall be joining you, this time i will NOT BE LATE by 15 mins this time, we need to sort out some phone numbers etc, as us non locals get lost… 🙁

Baldysquirt

It's the sheffield bike jumble that day, but otherwise I would have joined you guys to put a face to some names.

sambob
    Free Member

definitely up for this, as i think fellmarvin will be. i might bring a working front brake this time though 😳

hora
    Free Member

You did well with two odd/unfamiliar brakes tbh. I'd have been flumoxed.

Popocatapetl

Can't make it due to a family 🙄 wedding in Ireland that day. Gutted. But i'll be there for the next one that pook is organising for a dry day on Cut Gate!!

sambob
    Free Member

i had one familliar brake, unfortunately it was the rear brake. i didnt go over the bars though 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

Did you get your brake lever fixed?

sambob
    Free Member

its at the shop at the moment, they had to order the parts in, so im not sure when ill get it back, should be soon though 🙂

longstuff
    Free Member

Those burgers best be good!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Burgers? I might have to hang around a bit longer afterwards this time. Although I am down in Surrey at a triathlon show the following day so will probably have to shoot off pretty sharpish again.

hora
    Free Member

When I was at Uni most of the people I knew survived on crisps or a sandwich.

Me hownever, I always ate heartly. Trust me 8)

h4muf
    Free Member

I`m in on this one chaps!

Pook

feel free to email me everyone for phone number swapsies etc etc etc

SkipRatsBro
    Free Member

Yep I`m in for that day

Pook

This is the loop we'll be on by the way, albeit a bit colder and wetter…

lyons
    Free Member

Hopefully I,ll make this one, as I don't have a lady to romance either 🙂 the big bike may be ready by then as well…

Pook

working? complete?

thepodge
    Free Member

I've got clearance for this as the girlfriend wont be coming back till the day after her exam.

woop

Pook

excellent excellent. Already up to 20!

lyons
    Free Member

Haha, hopefully me and the bike will be working and complete this time… I really do fancy Jacobs ladder now, it looks like fun descent. I may bring a friend or 2, but they'll probably make excuses…

hora
    Free Member

We had 32? Last time and 18? turned up? All we need to do is say there is a chance of snow and the excuses flow 😆

Lyons- have you sorted your cambelt yet?

Pook

but they'll probably make excuses…

"We're not sleeping in a van with you"

😀

hora
    Free Member

"We're not sleeping in a van with you"

They could have enough bits for one working bike between the 3 of them though 😉

Pook

hehehe – ygm btw Hora

Mister-P
    Free Member

I am only bringing one bike to this (no work van available) so no spares for folk this time.

hora
    Free Member

Pook. Will give you a tinkle later (left mobile at home).

Pook

Okeydokey

sambob
    Free Member

i WILL have a working front brake by then, it as the lbs at the moment until they get the parts, im going to go faster downhill this time though 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I'm going to get sambob's dad cross with me…..psst sambob Saint do some really nice brakes 😉

sambob
    Free Member

it would be me that paid if i wanted some new brakes! so tektro aurigas are just fine, they seem to work fairly well so far. having said that they are either on or off, unless i am very gentle with them, and thats jus not me 😀

will
    Free Member

Nearly a week and this thread has died flat on it's arse. Lets liven it up. Here is a video of Jacobs Ladder:

tracknicko
    Free Member

snowy over here chaps! should be gone by then though… im up for this ride i reckon, be nice to meet some faces or names or whatever the phrase is.

maybe get beaten up for my outspoken views on road pace and seat height???

Pook

It's going today already so i think it'll be fine…

and will, it hadn't died – it was just being stealthy. You've blown its cover now!!!

😉

robdob
    Free Member

In a desperate bid to improve my downhill performance (but having limited funds) I have ordered something off eBay. The seller assures me that new stickers for my forks will make me 63% faster downhill.

I did have to suppress a laugh when a poster above said they were looking forward to Jacobs ladder as it looked like a fun descent. I think i love it but rocky doesn't even begin to describe it!!

will
    Free Member

🙄

Mister-P
    Free Member

Still up for this.

Pook

Excellent excellent – should be a good one. I predict 10 degrees and bright sunshine

😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

I admire your optimism.

Pook

it's your birthday – bound to be sunny!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks Pootlers – February 13th’ is closed to new replies.