Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 516 total)
  • STW Peaks Pootlers – February 13th
  • thefallguy
    Free Member

Cut Gate is one of my fave rides, but I tend to steer clear when its been wet for weeks. whenever I do cut gate in the colder months of the year only ever see 2 or 3 groups at most, it will be cut up and boggy on the top sections whether we ride it or not, its just so much better in the dry, the drop down to North America is sublime when its had a few weeks to dry out

haddock
    Free Member

Pook – Looked like a fun day out, see what you mean about that snowdrift! No footage of a certain drop off? 😆

Pook

Just planning a route eith my local knowledge…

Pook

What drop off haddock? Your puncture one? Different route this time!

Anyone know what the deal is with the new restricted access on the bw that runs along the 625 just above blacka plantation?

I've got something in mind that links stanage, blacka, houndkirk and totley. That drop down stanage is key!

Pook

Anyone?

thefallguy
    Free Member

not ridden that BW since October, so can't help 🙁

james
    Free Member

"Cut gate- starting from the other side (not the res"
    There are reseviors at both ends of cut gate?
    Errr, yes!
    Langsett at the north end, Derwent at the South…."

Thats what I was trying to say, questioning hora saying saying the non-resevior side
    On re-reading what I wrote though (the question mark) it does read as if I didn't know there were

"That drop down stanage is key!"
    the descent on the cobbles/pavement stone through the plantation is one of my favourites, trying not to veer off the stones can be a real challenge, especially nearer the bottom

In ST issue 55, I think Cy mentioned it was a bridleway in his bit of the route guide. Not sure though, a quick re-read may show I've misinterpretted something somewhere

stilltortoise
    Free Member

so we're saving the White Peak for dryer, warmer weather then?

slowrider
    Free Member

im so over stanage descent, distinctly 'tame' imo 8)

Pook

I was up there a few weeks back and it said permission has been pulled. Don't know why though

longstuff
    Free Member

Pook. Stanage sounds good, climbed there but never rode it ( just like the rest of the dark peak!)

hora
    Free Member

The Stanage route- its not similar to the VGraphics one is it? I rode the VGraphics route and 50% of it you might as well have brought a roadbike! Not good!!!

Well, spit it out Pook

hora
    Free Member

Oops forgot smiley 🙂

Mr_C
    Free Member

It's a bit late but I'd just like to add my thanks for Chris's efforts in organizing Saturday's ride and his encouragement on the day. I had a great ride despite discovering on that final road section that I ridden most of the way with the rear suspension locked out 😳 .

Pook

Hang on Hora….it's coming…..
    vids still here by the way

😉

thepodge
    Free Member

there is a lot round there but nothing I'd be happy to take more than 3 or 4 people on as its not totally legal, same with the stuff above grindleford

Pook

Yeah those are my thoughts exactly. Looking for links…

Actually podge, the only bit we're thinking is the pole to plantation descent. Road links are the issue

thepodge
    Free Member

pole to plantation? not a chance, there isn't anything up there and to get to the pole you'll already have done a fair old set of tarmac links.

i have however found an epic bleak loop but you'd need gps for it

Pook

Give me some landmarks and I'll look at my map

thepodge
    Free Member

emailed

simon1975

Hora – are you still planning to ride Cavedale etc tomorrow morning?

Drop me an email if you don't mind me tagging along!

hora
    Free Member

Sunday if you fancy it? I was going to pop along to HTN and heckle tomorrow am.

The weathers better on Sunday as well. Plus Pook and ourkidsam 'might' have some led left in their tank for sunday?

Pook

might. Might not too. Will most probably not have as Mrs Pook wants to go for a walk – so we may bump into you in the peak….

ourkidsam
    Free Member

depends what happens Saturday night 8)

hora
    Free Member

MrsPook is technically spending Sat with you..

ourkidsam- ger smashed. I normally do. Why do you think I visit the toilet soo much throughout a ride?

hora
    Free Member

If someone puts a post up formally I'll be there. I'm not very good with organising things or being a leader etc. Just want to be part of the collective 8)

Or just on this thread?

Who is up for it? No one is leading- we just follow the route -11.00am start? Meet at 10.30am in the usual places. 11am start would help anyone who wants to enjoy their Sat night.

simon1975

OK I'm busy with NATS on Sunday, so will probably ride locally tomorrow.

Have a fun weekend, folks!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

hora, I'd happily come along and don't mind playing leader, but sadly I have a Christening to go to. Good to see you're trying to make the most of your pre-child free time. I'm constantly regretting not making the most of mine now I'm two kiddies down the line…not that I regret them of course 😯

ourkidsam
    Free Member

hora, I'll mail you my mobile no. Drop me a text sunday morning and I'll decide then

hora
    Free Member

Aye, make the most of it. I reckon I wont get any riding in for a few weekends after (not because I wont be allowed- but because I'll want to hang round the young fella) 😀

ourkidsam – cool.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

not because I wont be allowed- but because I'll want to hang round the young fella

😆

You say that now

hora
    Free Member

There was a 'doubt' in my mind as I was typing that 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Actually meet at 10.15-10.30am in the Edale (FREE!) layby. There wont be many people. Probably just me!

ourkidsam- get all the riding that you can do now. March/April will be chucking it down. Its always windy/rainy then- the sort of weather I dont go out in.

Pook

you're just saying that to justify your nappy and puke duties

😉

hora
    Free Member

Dove-tails nicely though doesn't it? I positively offer to be around TOO MUCH. Then as the weather perks up she'll be positively trying to keep me out of the house come the weekend 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

to be fair to my missus I still got out regularly with the first one. She had the time, energy and enthusiasm to show him off to friends and family whilst I sneaked in a ride. When the second one arrived I felt obliged wanted to be around more 😀

hora
    Free Member

A few people have said that. One is manageable for periods of time with one set of hands. Two babies requires all hands to the pumps though…

We aren't having two.

Pook

We aren't having two.

the police are overstretched enough

😉

skiprat
    Free Member

Don't think i'll be able to make this one due to friends birthday sat night. Think things will get messy ie beer, food, bed, puke!!

Would of been nice tho……

Am free on weekends 6/7 and 13/14 March. Then having operation on my hand on 20th so will be out for a few weeks then.

hora
    Free Member

Am free on weekends 6/7 and 13/14 March. Then having operation on my hand on 20th

Are you a psychic with injuries?

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks Pootlers – February 13th’ is closed to new replies.