Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 516 total)
  • STW Peaks Pootlers – February 13th
  • lyons
    Free Member

Rob, maybe our versions of fun are different? It looks good to me, nice and fast, with a few sections you have think about a bit more… I really want my new bike to be built up by then… I'm going to agree with pool, the suns gonna be out and everything. I can just tell 🙂

I'm extremely interested in these stickers though. Of I bought frame ones as well would I becom 126% faster? I could be the new Steve peat!

Pook

Andy, Jacobs is far from fast – haven't you ridden it before? It's a technical rocky challenge, but great great fun. Pinch flat central though so bring spare tubes

skiprat
    Free Member

Looks like i'll be out on my "skills compensator" then!! 😀

looking forward to it

topangarider
    Free Member

Up for this guys – my first STW outing.

It's actually the last ride I did in the peaks in mid-November; but it is a cracker.

See you there (Custard Soul-green decal)

hora
    Free Member

Pinch flat central though so bring spare tubes

I dont get it. I cant remember the last time I had one! Try using MAXXIS tyres 😉

topangarider
    Free Member

ooh – you've said it now!

skiprat
    Free Member

Thats you having about 50 now you've tempted the puncture god like that!!

woody2000

Gonna try and make this one, if for no other reason than to watch hoora fixing punctures 😀

Pook

hora
    Free Member

Oh mi' lordy. 😕

topangarider
    Free Member

I'm just hoping I'm not too slow – down and up. Where's this burger place? May make me go faster!

hora
    Free Member

topangarider in the middle of the last climb towards Jacobs you will see me suddenly pickup speed and disappear* 😀

*Technically speaking either to the back to fix multiple punctures or off the front seeking burgers..

simon1975

I've got this one in my diary now, so hopefully I'll be there. Looking forward to a burger this time 🙂

Anyone need a lift from Nottingham?

Simon (brown Kona – fast on the ups but slow on the downs 😉 )

Pook

Shall we actually have name badges this time? Dan was ever so prepared last time and as a result I've easily remembered his name…

hora
    Free Member

No. Im still keeping a low-profile in case someone comes across and says 'arh your that chunt hora' and bops me one.

Pook

😀

will
    Free Member

Should be a nie ride this, lets hope the weather is good eh!

ow and Hora. I use Maxxis tyres, and get a fair few pitch flats, you clearly are not hardcore enough!!

Pook

no Will, he's got suspension….

:o)

will out riding yesterday…..

james
    Free Member

"Try using MAXXIS tyres"
    Do you mean wire bead maxxis tyres?

Try using maxxis 1.2mm/freeride inner tubes, they're a bit more difficult to pinchflat, though I've still managed it, with wire bead maxxis

I may be there, I may not. I'd like to come, but I'll have to see whether I can get myself there or not

hora
    Free Member

Pooks got it. Your just darn-right wierd Will.

James- folding, single ply Maxxis. I tend to use Ardent on the rear (2.25) or a 2.35 Swampthing (singleply)- All tyres at 30psi and Im 100kg. I've no idea how they dont pinchflat 😕 probably wider rims? (321 mavic's).

simon1975

Must be your smooth riding style 😉

hora
    Free Member

Must be your smooth riding style

Doubt it. I'd readily believe its witchcraft than any sort of talent.

will
    Free Member

😆 Cheers Pook.

I'm on about my full bouncer though, all 6.5" of travel too. Never get pinch flats on the SS, mainly due to going too slow 🙁

james
    Free Member

Fair enough. I can still pinch flat my folding (2.35") HRs if I don't keep the pressure up, though they do seem a bot better than for eg folding Kendas

hora
    Free Member

Right (gulp) lets see how I get on. I will STILL be on those Ardents that have shot-sidewalls as well.

swampi
    Free Member

well i am still coming :-).. can't wait

topangarider
    Free Member

Hopefully the riding and views will be good enough so we don't have to spend the day discussing tyres………….

adey205
    Free Member

anybody going from mansfield way, or coming through that way, would appreciate a lift if i can get a pass out 😀

Pook

Can't you ride it with your epic distance coverage Adey?

adey205
    Free Member

i know, i'll strap my singlespeed over my back, come over on my road bike. do the ride, then have a steady pootle home all in time for tea

😆 🙄

will
    Free Member

Jacobs on your road bike 😀

adey205
    Free Member

now there's an idea
    do think you'd be able to keep up though?

Pook

Will's done it on a Penny farthing already wearing just a jock strap and ankle bells.

adey205
    Free Member

looks like i'll have to ditch the jock strap idea then, maybe help shave a few grammes anyway

adey205
    Free Member

anyway, back to my original question

anybody going from mansfield way, or coming through that way, would appreciate a lift if i can get a pass out

Mr_C
    Free Member

adey205

I'm in Mansfield and I'm thinking of going – I think my chest infection has just about cleared up so I should be up for this.

If I have the added commitment of providing a lift for someone then I'm much more likely to make the effort.

Drop me an email.

sambob
    Free Member

looking forward to this now 🙂 thanks to the persuasion of bunnyhop, and lending of the bike from will for a short while, fellmarvin collected his scott cx team yesterday, as ridden by Fred Salmon in the 3 peaks last year. and for an absolute bargain considering the spec on it is better than standard. different rims and fsa k force cranks are some of the upgrades on it, but it could be lighter still if te tyres were changed. i still dont have my brake back though 🙁

Bunnyhop

Sad that I won't be seeing the new bike sambob – you and your Dad enjoy. I'm pretty sure I'll get to ride the next 'pook pootle' after this one, the last one really was great fun.

sambob
    Free Member

i forgot to mention the bike is a perfect size for me at the moment, unfornunately the cx season is coming to a close soon, and im not here for the bsca nationals in bakewell 🙁 not that im anygood at cyclocross i hasten to add.

hora
    Free Member

Will you can take me out in your Ibiza for a spin but dear God wear some trousers. Imagine we crash and the Police find a tubby man and a younger bloke in little more than 'hot pants'..well they might jump to conclusions and inform mrshora that they dont beleive I really went out riding bikes when I said I did… 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks Pootlers – February 13th’ is closed to new replies.