Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • STW Men – What do you use in the shower?
  • ononeorange

As above, whatever is cheap / lying around. I don’t like any smelly stuff though.

What Stoner says is true – there is always a myriad of confusing and ever-changing collection of various cleaning “regimes” in the bathroom.

alex222
    Free Member

STW Men – What do you use in the shower?

For me it’s mostly a mix of hot and cold water.

tonyd

Whatever is there.

I’m surprised at those that don’t wash their hair for months at a time – I know it’s supposed to sort itself out, but surely we’re all a pretty active bunch on here? What happens when you get a good sweat on, your hair must stink?!

jp-t853

I seem to have a collection of soaps. Last for ages and no plastic waste. I stay in hotels a lot so can’t remember when I last bought any.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Sainsbury’s/Original Source fruity shower gel.

Aussie Luscious Long shampoo & conditioner 😳 My hair’s not particularly long, the missus likes the stuff so we share. Occasionally it’s Miracle Moist if that’s on offer 😉

Shower gel is used with one of these:

You only need a drop of gel and it gets the dead layer off. Makes a little bottle of shower gel go a long way on a camping trip!

I mean, wire wool and Dettol.

bigblackshed

Original Source / Supermarket own brand shower gel on £1 offer.

T-Gel coal tar shampoo. Otherwise I get dandruff.

I do spend money on shaving cream from Lush and Issey Miyake after shave balm / smelly stuff.

The Wife goes mad if I use her scrunchy thing to get the mud off or of I leave pubes in it.

McHamish
    Free Member

I use whatever The Wife buys…usually something cheap from Wilkinsons.

It usually consists of separate shampoo and shower gel, but i couldn’t tell you what brands they are.

I’ll also use stuff I’ve stolen from hotels.

I like the minty stuff though, but she never buys that.

crispo
    Free Member

Depends on when I am showering:

Post gym/ride/run (evening shower) – cheap shower gel that is on offer from supermarket.
    Morning shower before work – 2in1 loreal shampoo/conditioner stuff
    If I am making an effort for going out – Molton Brown or Clarins shower gel that I ALWAYS have left over from Birthdays or Christmas!

batfink
    Free Member

Radox….. the blue one . I am a creature of habit.

philconsequence
    Free Member

because i’m a racist.

woody2000

Simple shower gel, unperfumed. Some unperfumed moisturiser on the face and baldy bonce afterwards.

Nowt else, no deodorant etc.

matt_outandabout

enfht
    Free Member

The neighbour’s Guinea Pig.

They still don’t know why it’s so clean or why it accumulates pubic hair.

SiB
    Free Member

My wife, “just use me however you want in the shower”

tomhoward

400 grit sandpaper and vinegar. Really wakes me up of a morn.

anagallis_arvensis

Tescos cheapest shower gel.

D0NK

whatever shower gel is cheapest in morrisons, aldi or home bargains.

moulton brown FFS, about £20 a bottle int it?

Those poncy scrunchy things herman pictured are reet good for scrubbing dried mud and assorted countryside animal shit off your shins.

emsz
    Free Member

Nowt else, no deodorant etc.

Eeeeuuuuuuwwwww, smelly

nicko74

Dove Soap, since I’ve come to the conclusion that all shower gel is a con. You can never get just a couple of drops out of the bottle (especially the Source ones), hence you use masses of it and have to buy more.

I do like the Mint Source shower gel feeling though. mmm…. tingly. Like coating yourself in a layer of that ‘tingly KY’ stuff…

brakes
    Free Member

&

makeitorange
    Free Member

Embarrassingly it has to be this:

Although admitting to using it is less embarrassing then going out with white chocolate sprinkles.

woody2000

emsz – nope, not smelly at all 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I’m 48 and never had a “regime” so now relegated to using this to keep the wrinkles at bay:

I think it’s working:

honeybadgerx

Not from my own beauty regime, but my gf has a brilliant history of washing her hair with random stuff whenever we stay at my Mum’s. The first time it was with some dog shampoo that was left at the side of the bath (she’s not got fleas mind so can’t complain), and the next it was paintbrush conditioner!

Personally it’s whatever is left over from previous mountain mayhems/crap xmas presents.

MrGreedy

LOL @ Patrick Bateman BoardinBob

Minty Original Source FTW again here, with own-brand Head and Shoulders when hair is getting long (i.e. anything much more than its normal number 5).

druidh
    Free Member

A mate of mine once took cooking oil into the shower and tried to use it. We were camping and it had been decanted into an unmarked bottle…..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Standard Products
    Head and Shoulders if I’m washing my hair (not daily)
    Dove Soap
    Nivea Sensitive Shaving Gel

If hair very dry (eg from salt-water sports or dry hot days) then Dove/Aussie Conditioner

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Soap (whatever’s cheapest at the time) and Sainsbury’s shampoo, 99p for a big bottle I think.

For showering at work I keep some shower gel (does hair too), again whatever’s cheapest at the time.

The OH has a few more things than that but she’s pretty good compared to some!

dabble
    Free Member

I like the Original Source shower gel also, although the mint one makes my balls feel like they’ve been in the freezer. Currently on a lime one, with lemon to follow. Zesty! 😀
    Head and Shoulders for the noggin, “But, you don’t have dandruff,”
    “Exactly.”

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I bathe only in the blood of my vanquished foe.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Joe

Since mayhem one year, me and the boys have affectionately known the original sources mint stuff as “ball tingler”

cheburashka
    Free Member

‘Yes To…’ stuff from Waitrose. The cucumber one is best.

callous
    Free Member

Nice American Psycho reference way back down the thread – my excuse for lateness, tonight is a night shift.

As for the shower “it uses the lotion or it gets the hose”

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Original source XXX mint. But only if you’re hardcore.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Soap and shampoo.

Shower gel is

G

A

Y

globalti
    Free Member

Soap.

Water.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘STW Men – What do you use in the shower?’ is closed to new replies.