Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • STW Men – What do you use in the shower?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Slightly unmanly question, but I am in touch with my feminine side 😉

So what do you use?

all in one hair/body wash?

separate shampoo/conditioner/shower gel?

muc-off? / park tool chainbrite? 😆

Cosmopolitan man that I am I have been using Aveda shampoo and conditioner, as the missues likes the smell and I used to live in the states where it was much cheaper, but think its overkill as I have fairly short hair and dont think I need conditioner, and its £12 a bottle. Also using Molton Brown Shower gel as the missus buys it, smells great but also pricey.

trying to save a bit of cash and wondering whats cheap, but will still make me smell good? 😀

Lynx/Axe products not an option as they are bogging.

kcal

radical – dispensed with shower gel / shampoo many years back, so soap / body scrub but no shampoo any more. remarkable after a month or so of bedding in, hair returns to ‘normal’ and I’d never go back..

binners

hora
    Free Member

I never ever shampoo, even when I dont have a number2 buzz. Your hair regenerates/self-cleans after a while. I found I got dandruff in part due to aggressive shampoo drying out my scalp.

I always use this (from Sainsburys)- smells natural and lasts forever

Finally I use natural deodarent from Lush (the shop).

Stoner
    Free Member

Shower?
    I just rub myself down with a handful of wet sand.

Or maybe some Radox.
    I only shampoo my hair once a month or so (and that’s just to get proper muck out of it) with whatever the wife has left lying around in the shower basket. Why cant they stick to one brand? It’s never the same one from one month to the next. And as for trying to work out which one of the three identical bottles in the “extensive hair hydro therapy system” is the one for cleaning your hair with…well, it’s a challenge is all I can say…

Milkie
    Free Member

Whatever is on offer in Tesco, which is usually Imperial Leather or Nivea shower gel. Same goes for shampoo, don’t use shampoo as I don’t have much hair left and its rather short.

…and £12 for a bottle of shampoo or that shower gel!!? WTF 😯
    Are you have a giraffe!? 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

Whatever the Mrs buys. I can’t use soap though – it dries my skin out.

soobalias
    Free Member

following the words, “cosmopolitan”, “missus likes the smell”, “conditioner”, “£12 a bottle”……. i am not qualified to answer.

current shower gel – addidas sommat (cheap)- it gets rinsed off.
    head and shoulders – they are all the same, buy the cheap one (currently with a lemon pic on the bottle) – as above its gets rinsed off and my hair is rarely longer than grade 8
    Sure deodourant – not the cheapest, it leaves white stuff everywhere, but whatever is on offer when i need it

Joop or Hugo Boss for a hint of smelly, i shave.

kayak23

Diesel and Swarfega… 🙂
    Failing that, Radox..

lunge

Pantene shampoo and condition that is cheap from Wilko.
    Cheap shower gel from Aldi.
    Some kind if face wash also from Aldi.

Yes, clearly I take to much into the shower!

alfabus
    Free Member

mint source +1

they do an extra strong version of it too, for when the tingly ball sack feeling wears off 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Simple soap .

Keeps the mozzies away n all 😉

BoardinBob

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Soap, I love bars of soap and some sort of shampoo and conditioner normally whatever is on offer at the supermarket.

binners

Jamie – have you checked there are the claimed 7,927 tingling real mint leaves in there? As a claim, its both bold and very specific. Off you go….

piha
    Free Member

Other types of cleaning pads are available but I use these……..

GGGGrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

😆

Taff
    Free Member

In terms of shower gel I go to Tesco/Asda etc and find what ever is on offer for a pound. Normally radox or mint source. Use a bit of head and shoulder on the fro… I don’t have dandruff because I take precautions!!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i appear to have amassed a collection of various “flavours” of Original Source…

thegreatape
    Free Member

This exact thing here

But only because they sell it in the Tourist Information Centre and that’s the closest shop to my house, so I’m still plenty grrrrrrrrr. And I get a few more man points for not knowing WTF patchouli is.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Whatever the Mrs buys for me on her ‘Big Shop’

As for shampoo? I have no hair, well, its guard off zero blade on the old razor, so I just use some of her conditioner.. 😳
    At the moment Lynx is £1 a go, so we appear to have been stockpiling this…

birky
    Free Member

Pears soap and Tesco’s version of Head & Shoulders

Peyote
    Free Member

i appear to have amassed a collection of various “flavours” of Original Source…

Me too! Always in the cheap offer bit at Wilkinsons!

Is BoardinBob American Psycho?

I sometimes use White Spirit on my hands if I’ve been fettling the drivetrain on the bikes, but I’m a bit concerned about the carcinogenic effects so don’t use it too much.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of a recent visit to spa with my better half. Final treatment was a facial.

Therapist (!): so please can you detail your facial skin care regime
    Me: my what?
    Therapist: your facial skin care regime?
    Me: Cold water and a shave most mornings
    Therapist: what else? Which moisturiser etc?
    Me: Cold water, no soap, nothing else….nice, blemish free skin!
    Therapist: (now lying on the floor hyper-ventilating) OMG how can you mistreat/abuse yourself so badly (meaning, damn how can I achieve my sales targets on over-priced pampering stuff)

Facial cut short while paramedics treated the therapist.

hora
    Free Member

There is only one thing that I can think of when I see/hear the word facial

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s that then, Hora?

bikebouy
    Free Member

On a scale of 10 points the Max Gnarrr..
    I use Aveda Rosemary shampoo and conditioner on my fine and flowing locks, then gel with Aveda “medium hold”, shower in Aveda Rosemary showergel and moisturise in Aveda Rosemary moisturiser..
    I’m a 9.5 pointer on scale of Max Gnarr, the .5 being knocked off due to the use of non Aveda non Aluminium based, but 100% organic deoderant from a French brand I can’t remember the name of..

I buy it cos I like it and always have and will continue to do so until someone screws the lid on and turns up the burners.

beefheart
    Free Member

I just rub myself with this.

labsey
    Free Member

Adidas Ice Dive and Head & Shoulders Active Sport.

organic355
    Free Member

I was expecting some funny responses, but this has made me chuckle. 😆

DezB
    Free Member

This is actual footage of me in the shower
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4EXVn1RSIU[/video]

Gary_C

Whatever shampoo/shower gel is on offer for a £1 in the supermarket…

messiah
    Free Member

rudebwoy
    Free Member

carbolic soap

MrOvershoot

Taff – Member
    In terms of shower gel I go to Tesco/Asda etcSainsburys and find what ever is on offer for a pound. Normally radox or mint source. Use a bit of head and shouldersw on my hair I don’t have dandruff because I take precautions!!

That’s me that is

willard

I use a heady balm of nettles, poison ivy and used engine oil, with a bramble to scrub.

When that’s not available (it goes out of season rapidly) I use Dove soap and whatever shampoo my wife has to hand. Usually Dove with the blue writing. Not sure which type that is.

khani
    Free Member

I just stand in the shower without turning it on, The body self cleans after a while I smell….. 😥

monkey_boy
    Free Member

whatever the cheapest shampoo/shower gel is when we go shopping

sharki
    Free Member

Laminated pics.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘STW Men – What do you use in the shower?’ is closed to new replies.