Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • STW is the only website my tablet has problems with …why??
  • kaiser
    Free Member

I’ve got a recently acquired Fire HD 10 tablet which I’ve modded to use Google play store etc.
    No matter what browser I use this site makes the keyboard flash/ refresh etc as well as the site itself continuously refreshing in a weird way . I’ve tried other keyboard apps and chrome/Firefox/silk browsers. Also desktop versions ( android) to no avail.
    This doesn’t seem to happen on any other website or my android phone so WTF is going on !
    Any ideas much appreciated.

ElShalimo

You need Drac’s iPad

mattyfez

God dammit I was just about to say the same thing!

funkmasterp

I’ve got a vanilla Kindle Fire and it works fine with this place. Could I have the Kindle version of Drac’s magic iPad?

Hate to be that guy, but could it be because you’re a free member so get spammed by adverts for log burners and coffee machines?

Tom-B
    Free Member

You definitely need to buy a ‘Drac’s iPad’ instead.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

My iPad has a problem and had to reload. Sometimes to the point of putting it down and doing something useful.

Cougar

See the Help icon bottom left corner? Try that.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s a feature not a bug.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Started getting delay to forum thread links being clickable when the new pop-up ads at the bottom of the screen appeared a few weeks back.

Chrome on mobile or pc or laptop, same sluggish response of 10sec+, from when thread menu shows to being able to open a thread.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Yeah, nothing makes you more popular than reading a quiet STW forum in bed in the middle of the night, when suddenly one of the newish bottom-right corner popup ads start blaring out music!

Cougar

That shouldn’t happen. Report it.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

It’s a distributed crypto currency mining operation

Or not

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Impossible to view on my iPad, posts disappear to a black screen and randomly reappear and disappear again as I scroll, not seen anything like this on any other website ever.

Cougar

Are you using an ancient version of iOS / Safari?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Chrome on iOS14.

z1ppy

on my ipad (reasonably new and up to date), the format is shit in safari, I have to turn it from portrait to landscape and back for the post to actually fit the screen correctly. Do I report it? Why bother, Drac ipad works, so I must be talking crap.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Why bother, Drac ipad works, so I must be talking crap.

I’m sure he’ll be along shortly to patronisingly tell you so.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Impossible to view on my iPad, posts disappear to a black screen and randomly reappear and disappear again as I scroll, not seen anything like this on any other website ever.

And there I was thinking it was just my iPad doing that! Also a Chrome user.

topper

I have an oldish Samsung A10 which has just started automatically cropping this website. I have to zoom out to view the full page. I’ve not noticed it with any other ‘sites.

mossimus
    Free Member

Another iPad/Chrome user with the black screen, missing posts when scrolling. OS and browser all up to date.

Any subscribers experiencing same issue or is it just us freeloaders?

jaylittle
    Free Member

This is the first time in over a month I’ve been able to properly access the site on my mobile device.

Drac

I’m sure he’ll be along shortly to patronisingly tell you so.

Sigh! This is why I have giving up testing on various devices because if I provide feedback this is what I get.

However, out of interest I’ve fired up Chrome, I rarely use it as I get issues with Chrome on a lot of sites, the bug reported above exists when in freeloader mode but disappears when in subscriber mode.

What the black boxes seem to be is ads loading or trying to load so if there’s something stopping them from loading that could be the issue.

Report it to tech using the form.

whitestone
    Free Member

Hmm, this site causes my phone to lose charge at 1% per minute. Doesn’t matter if it’s the tab being viewed or not, if the browser is running the battery visibly discharges. Delete the tab and normality is restored. No adblocker or indeed any other plug-in being run, this is latest Safari on current version of iOS.

Flaperon

Chrome on iOS14.

You’re still using Safari. Chrome is just a wrapper around a Safari window with Google’s password management and bookmark syncing.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Hmm, this site causes my phone to lose charge at 1% per minute. Doesn’t matter if it’s the tab being viewed or not, if the browser is running the battery visibly discharges. Delete the tab and normality is restored. No adblocker or indeed any other plug-in being run, this is latest Safari on current version of iOS.

It’s definitely not a distributed system for crypto currency mining

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘STW is the only website my tablet has problems with …why??’ is closed to new replies.