Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • STW, I present for your delectation, my new Mojo HD140 (picture heavy!! :-)
  • psychle
    Free Member

Seeing as it’s nice and sunny, thought I’d take a few pics for posterity of my new baby in a ‘pristine’ state… ’tis rather lovely, if I do say so myself 😆 8)

IMG_3121 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_3120 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_3127 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_3126 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_3113 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_3114 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_3112 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_3118 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_3124 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_3134 by ten_sim, on Flickr

Liftman

Sweeeet :mrgreen:

psychle
    Free Member

Just picked up from my LBS, off for it’s first big ride tomorrow round the Surrey Hills, look out for it if your in the area (I’ll be knackered and sweating like a pig, it’ll be my first decent ride in months! 😳 Despite this, I suspect I will still be grinning like a loon 😆 ).

I do have a Specialized Command post to fit, but need a shim to arrive before I can do so (thanks Curlie467 🙂 ). Also need to get a black 34T front ring, the silver one stands out too much and it’s only 32T, to small really! Need to set the tyres up tubeless as well, waiting on rim strips to do so…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Filth.!

kevin1911

Blimey, where’s my shades.

Nice bike, good spec, but colour is just too garish even for me.

z1ppy

That does look very nice, I’m not a fan of the mojo shape but the colour & black patches (was gunna suggest a black SP would have finished it for me) really suits it. Enjoy!
    I forget from previous post, are the fork set @ 140 or 160mm?

loddrik
    Free Member

You’ll fit right in tomorrow…

matt23
    Free Member

Awesum……stunning…….want one!!

psychle
    Free Member

ATGNI could well be my middle name at the moment… though thankfully I’m not a middle-aged IT professional 😉

are the fork set @ 140 or 160mm?

standard 160mm BOS Deville… 150mm is what’s recommended for the HD140, so she’s a little slacker than normal, should be a good thing I think 🙂

Houns

Black stem, White forks, Silver post #Fail

psychle
    Free Member

Silver post

Is temporary only… it looks gash I know 🙁 , but at least I can go for a ride tomorrow! 🙂

sebgt
    Free Member

Nice, but a bit of a mish-mash spec… Race Face crank, Easton bars, Point1 Stem…
    Atleast match some brands rather than a bit of everything…
    Like full Race Face bar, stem, crank combo. Or Easton Haven bits.

Do like the Bos fork and the colour too

vinnyeh

very nice, didn’t think it was ever going to get finished. Shame you’re going to have to divide your time between two new bikes now 😉

If that’s the proper dedicated ibis mrp guide, how much was it over here?

That’s at least 3 in the area in that colour now…

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

That is…Proper Rude 🙂

Not usually an Ibis Mojo fan but that looks fantastic.

Two things. Firstly, how much does it weigh for a 140mm bike? Secondly, where did you get those Haven carbon bars from?

psychle
    Free Member

if that’s the proper dedicated ibis mrp guide

Yep, ’tis the Ibis specific G2. I think it was approx £110 or thereabouts… cheaper in the States for sure.

Shame you’re going to have to divide your time between two new bikes now 😉

It’s a burden and hardship I shall have to bear 😥 8)

Firstly, how much does it weigh for a 140mm bike?

Smack bang on 28lb on the LBS digital professional scales, that’s with tubes in but without the Command Post, so it’ll probably be just a touch over that in the end. The Ardent’s aren’t particularly light either… it’s really a 160mm bike as well, so a pretty impressive weight!

where did you get those Haven carbon bars from?

Bought off the classifieds, came OEM on a Slayer 70. They seem to be available in the UK now, Merlin and Evans have ’em listed on their sites.

float
    Free Member

holy mother of dream builds 😯

grum
    Free Member

Silver seatpost looks a bit cheap and nasty. Colour isn’t for me. Otherwise pretty sweet though.

Kevevs
    Free Member

is it fun? do you ride it lots in fun places and enjoy? I vote yes!

is it some kinda blingmachine to out bling other people that you keep in the living room and ride once a month. I vote no!

psychle
    Free Member

didn’t think it was ever going to get finished.

At one point, neither did I! Bloody glad it’s all worked out in the end, now to rag it silly over Summer 🙂

is it fun? do you ride it lots in fun places and enjoy? I vote yes!

That’s the plan guv, as often and as far as I can… time constraints and work will get in the way, but I’ll do the best I can, I promise 🙂

is it some kinda blingmachine to out bling other people

Definitely a blingmachine, ’tis my dream bike in a way, so kind of went all out on it… totally over the top, but I love it and it’s making me smile just to look at it, can’t wait to hit the trails tomorrow so it can show me my woeful limitations and then we can grow together 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Gorgeous!

You are a nutter with all your bike purchases but we love you for it 😉

float
    Free Member

although, whoever cut the length of the hoses and cables needs a slap.

psychle
    Free Member

whoever cut the length of the hoses and cables needs a slap.

Wassup with ’em? 😯

lucien

Thats awesome – I’d be so pi55ed off once I’d ridden it because it would be dirty / used but then I couldn’t build it and then not ride it…..but then I couldn’t ride it ‘cus it would get used, but then…..oh the dilemma of it all

Kevevs
    Free Member

ah well psycle, no one’s perfect. enjoy da bling! (can I have a go?)

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Nice! Like the colour. What size is that?

psychle
    Free Member

I’d be so pi55ed off once I’d ridden it because it would be dirty

I’m deliberately not covering it in Helitape, just a few frame patches to prevent rub… that way she’s going to pick up riding scars quicker and I’ll feel less guilty (the first one or two are going to hurt me though!)

Kevevs
    Free Member

are you joking? ride that fecker into the ground. that’s the whole point, enjoy dude! whoo-ha. I wouldn’t say no.

psychle
    Free Member

enjoy da bling! (can I have a go?)

I shall and you can, if you’re ever on a STW ride or down in the Surrey Hills at the same time, no problems 🙂

What size is that?

It’s a medium

brakes
    Free Member

congratulations, very nice cycle psychle
    great parts choice too, especially like the forks, stem and bars (might get some of them myself)
    if I see you out on the Surrey Hills tomorrow you’d better ride fast or I’m going to steal it off you

timmys

Tsk, mis-matched rotors! 😉

Pity formula changed the design of them, the old ones were far nicer.

psychle
    Free Member

if I see you out on the Surrey Hills tomorrow you’d better ride fast or I’m going to steal it off you

It won’t be difficult… I was huffing and puffing just on my short ‘shakedown/initial brake bedding in’ ride around the ‘hood this evening, I’m soooo unfit right now! 😳

psychle
    Free Member

Pity formula changed the design of them, the old ones were far nicer.

I know, the new ones look cheap and nasty… I think I have an old wavy 180mm for the front to swap over, need to dig through the spares…

LimboJimbo

Giz a go on ya bike mister! 😀

Saw one of those at Llandegla on Monday and it is indeed an eyeball haemorrhaging thing of beauty. My only concern would be that bling of that magnitude would amplify my lack of mad skillz. Well done sir!

boxfish
    Free Member

Those hubs are fat and shiny – what are they?

Lovely looking bike by the way!

afrothunder88

That is droolworthy. Looks fantastic.

Enjoy!!

mattp
    Free Member

lovely – where did the industry nine hubs come from? are jra still building with them?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Thats really quite nice, build is pretty special(and expensive!)

Just needs a posh saddle to complete it 😉

j_me
    Free Member

Not a fan of yellow…..but that, that is sweet!

tang
    Free Member

Lush! industry 9 hubs? mmmmm

float
    Free Member

Wassup with ’em?

if (heaven forbid) you ever have a crash and the bars spin round, the cables will get pulled against the frame and could get pulled out. i thought everyone kept them long enough for that, could be wrong though 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘STW, I present for your delectation, my new Mojo HD140 (picture heavy!! :-)’ is closed to new replies.