Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stw fashion experts
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Looking for a coat….dark/black…like belstaffs but not the price tag….needs to be able to be smart/casual ideally..all I wear ATM is montane jackets or a very smart cashmere reefer(too smart) what’s bang on ATM?

labsey
    Free Member

Have a look at http://www.burton.co.uk. Tends to be at the sensible edge of fashion without looking like a Camden Town hipster.

user-removed
    Free Member

I got a black canvas Belstaff copy jacket off eBay for about £50 – it even has a reversible reflective belt. Made in England by Campbell-Cooper. Very highly recommended.

user-removed
    Free Member

One of these, but mine had a less ghey belt buckle…

belstaff copy

sc-xc

ATM

My googling tells me this means ‘Ass to mouth’

I hope it’s a nice coat.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Quilted jackets out/in?

user-removed – Member

One of these, but mine had a less ghey belt buckle…

belstaff copy

The only problem I see with that, is that Belstaff’s look pretty damn good – and that looks like a complete pile of steaming cat turds. On reflection, that seems like a pretty big problem to overcome.

You gets what you pays etc, etc, etc…….

MrSmith
    Free Member

Private white or peregrine. British made but not silly belstaf prices.
    If you are from Manchester you will like the private white stuff as its made there.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Peregrine jackets are spot on. I’m saving up for the Bromley wool jacket. I have very broad shoulders and the cut on the back is ideal and I like the heritage look.

yunki
    Free Member

what the blinking heck has happened to Belstaff..? 😯

20 years ago they were making good quality motorcycle jackets at a fair price..

When did it go all **** toff fodder…?

MrSmith
    Free Member

What happened was rising production costs and dwindling sales so they did exactly what Barbour did and had a rebrand that emphasised the ‘heritage’ plus an update of styles and they got rid of the waxed cotton smell for urbanites
    If they hadn’t done this they probably would have gone out of business or just rebadged cheaper far east product of lesser quality.
    Belstaf are way over priced though, you pay for exclusivity 🙄

MrSmith
    Free Member

Peregrine jackets are spot on. I’m saving up for the Bromley wool jacket. I have very broad shoulders and the cut on the back is ideal and I like the heritage look.

They were doing 20% off on Thursday, I was going to try on a Bromley at the pop up shop in lambs conduit st in that London but there was a different clothing brand in residence so wandered next door to private white and ended up with a waxed reefer that they let me have for half price 8)

yunki
    Free Member

well there you go…. in a thread calling for advice from fashion experts, it would appear that one has indeed spoken..

Although I now won’t be able to afford a Belstaff unless I win the lottery, I think I prefer that they went that way, rather than the all too often sad relegation of a brand to the mandm catalogue, like airwalk etc.. 🙁

King-ocelot
    Free Member

MrSmith, just looked up private white, they look like nice clothes. Quite glad in a way that I didn’t see the Bromley with 20% off I’d have brought it and I’m supposed to be topping the savings up!

user-removed
    Free Member

TAFKASTR, get right last yersel’. It’s just a black jacket – I like it, you might not, it. No need to be a twunt about it. In its defence, I will admit that the photos are awful and that it looks much better in the flesh…

There you go then – looks crap in the pic. I stand by my post 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stw fashion experts’ is closed to new replies.