Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • STW Classifieds
  • damascus
    Free Member

Disclaimer:  This isn’t a thread about the old classifieds and how the new one is pants. There are plenty of those threads so let’s try and move on and leave that behind. OK, now that’s out of the way……..

I have to admit, I stopped using the new classifieds for a while. They just didn’t seem to be a lot of traffic. Just a vw camper that hung around for ever. They just didn’t work for me and I couldn’t sell anything which I believe was due to lack of numbers and not my price too high 😉

But recently there seems to be a lot more ads on there. I think people have started coming back to it. I’ve even sold a few items on there and bought a few too. It still doesn’t seem as busy as it once was but it’s definetly getting better in my opinion.

I’m sure the mods will tell me it’s the same numbers as before etc.

So is it just me or does anyone else think it’s getting better?

Ps. I added 1 sale (over a month ago) and 2 wanted ads recently and was unable to add more than 3 items. I had to delete one. Any chance you can change this to ignore wanted ads?

Thanks

h4muf
    Free Member

It’s garbage. HTH.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

There’s a classifieds?

davros

Almost everything I’ve listed on it has sold. I have no complaints other than it wouldn’t let me post an ad the other night for some reason.

BoardinBob

Used to use and browse the classifieds on here constantly.

Haven’t used them since the change and never look at them now.

the-muffin-man

Same for me too.

Drac

I use to browse them, I still do.

matt_outandabout

I’m not back on it. I can’t search properly.

Pinkbike, Facebook, Gumtree and eBay are all just easier.

tjagain

Used to use and browse the classifieds on here constantly.

Me as well. My browser will not show them. also I don’t need any stuff now to be fair

scotroutes

My browser will not show them

Ad Block will do that.

bruneep

]davros wrote:

Almost everything I’ve listed on it has sold. I have no complaints other than it wouldn’t let me post an ad the other night for some reason.

Where as everything I’ve listed has sold elsewhere rather than here.Yup! also had the failure to place an ad. But I’m sure to be told its you, not us as ever

chakaping
    Free Member

The UX is inferior to the old version IMO.

All it needs is an alternate view where we can see a lot more listings on one page, text only.

Will get people clicking into more ads out of curiosity as well.

Old classifieds was good for offloading niche odds and sods thanks to the high number of people viewing. Like a digital bikey jumble sale.

That’s what I miss.

honourablegeorge

I can’t use it on desktop, CPU usage goes through the roof if I try, and everything locks up. Works ok on mobile.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its better in the sense you can load the pics no problem but I don’t think people look at it half as much as the old one where you can see it all on one page I struggle to sell much anymore too be honest and use to sell loads on the other site I think the numbers all round are way down just look at the forum.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I prefer it from the moment it changed I’ve never understood the hate.

I mean there were some good things about the old system but it’s exactly the same with good pictures upfront.

jimmy

Liked the old one for the jumble sale feel. Like the new one for uploading pics easily. Seems a bit less busy now but still some good stuff going through.

Klunk
    Free Member

nothing ever appears for me, just 3 boosted adds at the bottom right. clicking on a category link is a waste of time.

Drac

nothing ever appears for me, just 3 boosted adds at the bottom right. clicking on a category link is a waste of time.

Try switching your Ad-blocker off.

ton

i have my thoughts about the classifieds, but i like to keep them private nowadays, as they seem to offend Drac.

rOcKeTdOg

More bargains for the rest of us 👍

chakaping
    Free Member

Way less bargains to choose from than there used to be though.

🙁

tjagain

No separate adblocker for me – using Brave browser on standard settings IIRC

doordonot
    Free Member

The old one had a forum feel about it. You would get some interesting conversations going on around whatever was being sold or wanted. The new one doesn’t seem to get those; it’s just a dry buying and selling platform. It has lost its STWness where it felt like meeting up in the market square for a natter and grabbing a bargain. Part of knowing there was a chat is you could see how many replies there were, and if there were a few, you could stop by and gawk or get involved. Maybe you can do that on the new one but I haven’t seen it.

rOcKeTdOg

Way less bargains to choose from than there used to be though.

Way less competition for the items than there used to be

DezB
    Free Member

Ad blocker not needed with a P and why wouldn’t you get a P when it’s only 99p? (err *) Especially those who spend so much time on here..
    Anyway, the classifieds are ok. I reckon the adblock thing puts people off though.

* just clicked on the stm code and my mum’s boyfriend grinned at me with a beer in his hand. That ain’t right.

eskay

I miss the old classifieds

Poopscoop

I do miss the old format. More of a boot fair feel to it. All I would change now is make non boost ad pictures small so more ads appear on a page. That would be a good compromise?

That said,I still browse it a few times a day minimum and I’ve bought stuff from it. Not buying as much at the moment though. Trying to cut down on bike purchase related stuff!

It has got busier over time I’m glad to say.

damascus
    Free Member

So it’s just me and a few others then. Oh well, at least it’s a few more than when it started.

scotroutes

I just acquired a set of forks via a WTD ad so I’m happy.

TBH, I rarely browse it now. I think it’s just that there are fewer ads per page.

And I see that “someone” has found that the Classifieds allows photo uploads so, you know, if you don’t want to use IMGUR or the likes, a fake ad does the trick…..

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘STW Classifieds’ is closed to new replies.