Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • STW Classic Routes and Komoot
  • dawson

I have installed the Komoot app (Android) and would like to export a route from the Singletrack classic routes.

I have found an option to Export GPX, but it doesn’t seem to work – do I have to pay for Komoot to be to get the routes?

jamesoz

IIRC you get one region free, so if the ride is outside your region it doesn’t work. I thought it was only to get offline nav outside your region but when I tried it today with a data connection in Peaslake I couldn’t use the route.
    I paid in the end as I’ve had some really good local routes using the free version.

dawson

Thanks, as suspected then.

(feels like a bit of a swiz, that as a mag subscriber I have to pay again to get the routes)

jamesoz

I’ve not tried the Singletrack routes but I assume a GPX file is a GPX file and you can use it on a different platform, rather than Komoot

roger_mellie

Ride with gps lets you import gpx and is a good free option for route viewing and creating. I haven’t used it for turn by turn navigation mind.

spoonmeister

You can load the route up on the free version and it’ll show your current location as a dot. It’s rudimentary GPS route following but it works to see where you are.

If you want navigation then you have to pay for the relevant region.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘STW Classic Routes and Komoot’ is closed to new replies.