Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Stumpjumper Evo Comp in S6
  • phutureproof
    Free Member

I’m tall.
    I’m interested in getting a FS bike.
    I’ve heard that Specialized offer the Stumpjumper in S6 size which is mahoosive.
    I want one.
    I can’t find one.
    Anyone seen or know of one that’s available??

intheborders
    Free Member

Look at Cotic’s, their XL’s are equally large.

blakec
    Free Member

Or geometrons. G1, G16, g15 or g13. Best bikes for tall people

5lab

the saracen ariels are long in xl format as well – 530mm reach for the ariel 30 and ariel 60 (the latter is pretty similar to a stumpy evo)

big_scot_nanny

Pole too. I’ve an Evolink XL. I enjoy it very much.

one thing to watch out for if you are really tall is effective Vs Actual seat angle. Stumpy has a pretty slack actual SA, which if you have the saddle up to proper long legged height can make it effectively really slack in the SA and place your bum way to far back. not good. I know. I’ve been there.

phutureproof
    Free Member

Lovin’ those Geometron bikes. Wow!
    Not sure on availability though…and pretty steep for price.

blakec
    Free Member

What height are you. If you are 6’5 or over then this could be a great bike if you are after second hand. https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3070718/

If you are after new then give them a call by far the best customer service you will ever receive

phutureproof
    Free Member

Wowsers. Good spot. That’s great. I was hoping for a full bike though. I guess I’ll have around £3k to spend in total.
    Is that manageable for a decent full build with that frame would you say?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yup 1k for a frame still leaves enough for a decent 3k build. Still some good prices on forks out there, savings from the EU much less but still there

trusty

Does that frame come with a shock? There’s no mention on the ad. If it doesn’t that’s a good chuck of your budget gone

Tracey

Doesn’t look like it comes with a rear shock. Unless you have some parts to move across or can source some good second hand stuff finding new parts will put a strain on the build at that price.

Finding a new or used 2021 Stumpjumper Evo in any size is going to be a problem.

phutureproof
    Free Member

Yeah. I have my hardtail, but that is pretty old school with 26″ wheels.
    Oh well…the search continues.

hooli

WTF cant Specialized just use s,m,l and xl like everybody else, it annoys me far more than it should.

If you can’t find a Stumpjumper, check out Bird for tall people bikes as an alternative, they are really long so suit tall riders.

Superficial
    Free Member

WTF cant Specialized just use s,m,l and xl like everybody else, it annoys me far more than it should.

I’m not sure if you’re after a serious answer to that or not. It’s to help uncouple bike sizing from height and reinforce the idea that sizing is to do with personal preference / riding style / intended use etc.

Makes perfect sense to me.

intheborders
    Free Member

I’m not sure if you’re after a serious answer to that or not. It’s to help uncouple bike sizing from height and reinforce the idea that sizing is to do with personal preference / riding style / intended use etc.

This.

phutureproof
    Free Member

Thanks also for the link to Pinkbike. Seems to have a useful method of searching for specific items. Never used it before.

hooli

It’s to help uncouple bike sizing from height and reinforce the idea that sizing is to do with personal preference / riding style / intended use etc.

It isn’t though…if you are 5 foot tall, your riding style can be anything you like, you are never going to fit a S6.

When they were called S,M,L and XL, you were still free to size up or down if that suited you better based on the geo charts or a demo. If you didn’t want your friends to know you ended up on a small you could always take the sticker off.

intheborders
    Free Member

When they were called S,M,L and XL,

The world has moved on and has accept that folk are all different shapes and sizes.

Me for one, I’ve longer legs than many, many folk who are 4″/10cm taller and consequently my torso/and arms is/are shorter than most folk my height. So I want/need more stack vs reach than normal, and also it means my saddle is always higher in proportion to the bars than most.

zezaskar
    Free Member

No mention of Bird?

bigdean

I managed to buy and s6 stumpjumper (non Evo) off eBay last month, I’m 6’6″.
    Have to say it great, light pedals well only issue I have is not really getting on with the fox fork.

Edit, it is bloody huge a good 7 foot in length (wheel edge to wheel edge).

hooli

No mention of Bird

Scroll up, read replies.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

If its of interest, I have a g16 to sell. Its a ‘longest’ so 520mm reach, its a great bike, but I need something smaller. Ill be posting it on pinkbike shortly, let me know if you’re interested in some pictures and a spec etc.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper Evo Comp in S6’ is closed to new replies.