Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Strava KOM's
  • Legoman
    Free Member

1/6 for me, but it was a brutal little climb and I’m rubbish at going up.
    Av grade was 17.9%!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Quite happy with the four I’ve got at Gisburn. They’ve been ridden 1974, 1928, 1734 and 350 times respectively.

Flaperon

make a kom every time I go out on the bike, I never bothered using strava until one of my clients recommended me using it, a few of my clients would always tell me how fast I was on the bike, I never told them I could have been a pro!

Congratulations.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Strava is not the place to prove you are quick, as it can be jigged, saying this I make a kom every time I go out on the bike, I never bothered using strava until one of my clients recommended me using it, a few of my clients would always tell me how fast I was on the bike, I never told them I could have been a pro!
    My recent stat is 1/6547, this was a climb the same day I came 1/4299 on descent, this is a regular pattern,
    I’m very passionate about my riding and have never had anyone overtake me on a climb or descent.
    I have over 300 koms since being on strava 8 month ago, needless to see why I teach mountain bike skills!

Obviously you are right – Strava is not the place to prove you are quick – endlessly bragging on a mountain bike forum is the place.

You’re the guy off the ‘faster than you’ video aren’t you?

bikeind
    Free Member

Well in our shops we think it is great for the industry in a way as it does sort of help it

And if it makes people competitive it can also promote bike sales which is what we need

miketually
    Free Member

How many of these are uphill?

They’re the only proper ones. Downhill doesn’t count 😉

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Maybe there should be a thread where we all post pictures of our weiners next to something for scale?

mooman
    Free Member

Got a KOM on a popular road on Majorca. 1st out of 3000+ … But it’s a descent …. So doesn’t count sadly.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Got a few local KOMs with 20-50 riders on them (not manay Strava users locally). But my favourite is this one:

http://app.strava.com/segments/5011789

80km at 30kph on the London-Edinburgh-London stage 9.

I know there were about 1000o riders doing the ride, so only 10% have uploaded to strava (or at least did the complete segment) but its stil ace. I also would have got a couple mnore, but my segment time included the time spent in the control. Oh well…

richmtbguru
    Free Member

scott_mcavennie2 – Member
    Strava is not the place to prove you are quick, as it can be jigged, saying this I make a kom every time I go out on the bike, I never bothered using strava until one of my clients recommended me using it, a few of my clients would always tell me how fast I was on the bike, I never told them I could have been a pro!
    My recent stat is 1/6547, this was a climb the same day I came 1/4299 on descent, this is a regular pattern,
    I’m very passionate about my riding and have never had anyone overtake me on a climb or descent.
    I have over 300 koms since being on strava 8 month ago, needless to see why I teach mountain bike skills!
    Obviously you are right – Strava is not the place to prove you are quick – endlessly bragging on a mountain bike forum is the place.

You’re the guy off the ‘faster than you’ video aren’t you?

POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I’m just passionate about my riding, what is so bragging about that?
    One thing I always try drum into my clients head is confidence, confidence is where it starts and if you think I’m bragging then your far from wrong, it’s called positive thinking, you should try it and maybe you might get some koms!

molgrips
    Free Member

Someone called Lance Armstrong seems to have popped up recently on some of ours as KOM

Fabian Cancellara apparently lives and works in Cardiff, and uses Strava on his commutes.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Thanks. Do I have to pay you for that little snippet of advice?

My best on one of the nastiest climbs locally is 9/88 which doesn’t sound overly impressive but still one I’m proud of – beats all my mates times

Church Lane – Manners Wood top

Well, that didn’t work!

aracer
    Free Member

My top 4 are 1/364, 1/279, 1/279 and 1/257

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Thanks. Do I have to pay you for that little snippet of advice?

Ladies. Handbags?

miketually
    Free Member

According to Velo Viewer, my best result is “Hurst to Fell End” in Swaledale, where I’m 2nd of 251.

*willy wave*
    I did that on a rigid singlespeed as part of a 92km ride 🙂
    */willy wave*

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Strava KOM's’ is closed to new replies.