Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Strava KOM's
  • Not a how many (I’ve had a few) – I’m certainly not the King of my local area though.

Mostly as a riding group we take them off each other, but there are other people on the leaderboards – obviously.

Question is, when you’ve had one, out of how many riders is it?

A couple of mine stand, but max of 20’ish riders I think – max was 196, but my mate took it straight off me when he uploaded, so current best is 2/196.

Loads of mates have KOM’s where only 5-10 people have ridden (or logged) the segment – me included, but what’s your best head count?

Haze

1/362.

From memory 😉

Current favourite is 8/1125, was 6th back then though.

http://app.strava.com/segments/4659465

njee20
    Free Member

Was in the 800s, probably lost it now!

rossp
    Free Member

1/1570, and got 12 seconds on the next guy! http://www.strava.com/segments/1819534

uselesshippy
    Free Member

1/1266.
    And rising. 😀

Doug
    Free Member

1/4587.

Forgot I had Strava on and cut a corner. 😳

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The best is 1/2892, but one close behind at 1/2920 🙂

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

1/2845. I reckon it’s ridden a shit load moar than it’s fought over though. In fact I don’t think anyone cares it’s there.

JRTG
    Free Member

1/163, most are random routes or long ones, I’m far to slow otherwise!

simondbarnes
    mcnultycop

1/1. No one else seems to like my training loop.

Northwind

1/32 for my best one, 1/9 for the other one.

fbk
    Free Member

This thread made me check for the first time in ages (I try to ignore that side of Strava these days) – bizarrely, not only have I still got a Coed y Brenin KOM (1/2293) but I seem to have acquired loads I knew nothing about. Personally I love the “you’ve lost your KOM you knew nothing about on a segment you didn’t know existed….now go get it back” emails 🙂

It’s a strange (and inaccurate) world this Strava zone!!!

lemonysam
    Free Member

1/416 on a four minute flat sprint. A popular stretch and a natural segment but I don’t think it’s on the local fast folks’ radars.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^ i think its quite clever how quick it populates a new segment using the data from old ride

scaredypants

I have no KoMs and haven’t ever really had one

There’s a 20 mile road loop I made where I might still be “truly” KoM but others have done a slightly different, shorter version that strava still counts and so I’ve slipped a bit

I’m under no illusions though – I’m not fast and those segments only have me that high up because not many ride the exact same loop (only 45 riders)

nickdavies
    Free Member

I’ve got a 1st/5500 at Cannock, but I’m pretty sure it’s a glitch even though the routes accurate and I was going pretty quick… 😉 ill take it though!

Currently got a 1st/59 on a climb/descent on the road bike, and a few top 3s in sections around Birmingham. Every time I get one normally I lose it to a bloke called Justin!

Someone called Lance Armstrong seems to have popped up recently on some of ours as KOM – cheating barstool!

Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve only just installed Strava, and i’ve uploaded a load of my old stuff in retrospect.

On quite a few sectors, i seem to be in the top few-hundred of a few-thousand riders… I can cope with that!

I recon the best way to a KOM would be to hammer it on a section that people usually pootle – like the road from the car park!

stu1972
    Free Member

1/1897 on one segment out of 18. In the top 5-10% on most of the others so quite pleased with that.

taxi25
    Free Member

1/641 my best. Got a few over 500 but there mostly a couple of miles from home when I’m emptying my legs. Most people wouldn’t be doing that. There pretty good though, youd have to try hard with the right wind to beat them.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

1/208.

I’m always quite pleased to be in the top 10% of segments though. Especially as I have two gears spread over 2 bikes, and neither of them could be considered light weight whippets.

davemonty
    Free Member

1/2667.
    Get onto veloviewer.com , top job to see loads and loads of virtual willy waving stats.

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

I got one 1/950 odd, and I wasn’t even on the trail, I was on the road, 5m to the side

In the process of getting Strava to take me off, still had a few laughs with it in the meantime….

jam-bo

1/44, but it is only 8 seconds long….

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

5/6 for me 😕

Dibbs
    Free Member

If you don’t already know veloviewer.com is good for looking at this sort of stuff on Strava.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

The Veloviewer is teh eeevil and turns you into a bugger geeky pest than Strava does 😉

crosshair
    Free Member

How many of these are uphill? I’m rubbish compared to you lot. I’ve got an uphill 1/21 and a 7/180 and that’s it 🙁

Doug
    Free Member

Uphill?

stu1972
    Free Member

2.3 mile 4.8% grade, 710ft elevation difference @ 6.9 mph.

I’m a truly shite climber.

richmtbguru
    Free Member

Strava is not the place to prove you are quick, as it can be jigged, saying this I make a kom every time I go out on the bike, I never bothered using strava until one of my clients recommended me using it, a few of my clients would always tell me how fast I was on the bike, I never told them I could have been a pro! 😆
    My recent stat is 1/6547, this was a climb the same day I came 1/4299 on descent, this is a regular pattern,
    I’m very passionate about my riding and have never had anyone overtake me on a climb or descent.
    I have over 300 koms since being on strava 8 month ago, needless to see why I teach mountain bike skills! 🙂

davosaurusrex

You should branch out into after dinner speaking. Riveting.

somafunk

Most (if not all) of the pro’s i know laugh at the strava queens and would never consider using it, and as for 🙄 , ha-ha!.

BenjiM

WGAS when you’re local pro and friends are witnessed drafting a scooter regularly. Maybe they should keep the ride private if it’s being used as a ‘training tool’. A minute into Paul Oldham over Waddy Fell? Please… pfft.

nuke

1st / 2573

…but I do share 1st with 2 other people 🙁

Northwind

somafunk – Member

Most (if not all) of the pro’s i know laugh at the strava queens and would never consider using it

I was idly looking at some segments I’ve done, and duly laughed at the following strava queens- Greg Minaar, Jack Reading, Chris Ball, Matt Page, Gary Forrest, Duncan Riffle… and that pesky Greig Brown!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

The thing I’m starting to love the most about Strava is all that gritty horrible sand that seems to keep filling up people’s vaginas….

gary

Oh, seems I still have a load of 1/1 KOMs from a couple of years ago when it would auto-create segments – does it still do that?

Just waiting for someone to nab them, quick jaunt to the Mustang valley in Nepal is highly recommended for top riding and chilling out 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Strava KOM's’ is closed to new replies.