Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Storage in Brodick (Arran)
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Going to head up for a weekend at the start of May and rather than try to book what limited accommodation there is left on the island I’m planning to get the ferry over for the day. Will start with riding around the island but then want to get changed and just move about a bit and explore rather than rush back off. I’ve done a bit of googling but can’t see mention of lockers etc. So wondered if any of the regulars had any bright ideas?

moonsaballoon

There is a left luggage desk in the office at the ferry terminal in Brodick .

redmex
    Free Member

If you want a shower the pool at Auchrannie is open to anyone, cracking wee pool with shampoo, condish, even a nice towel. We once stayed at Corrie bunkhouse a wee bit manky but must have been cheep and has a steep few hundred yards up to it. Lots of cracked tiles and stilton grout around the white tiles but cheery enough place

crewlie

Pretty sure the new ferry terminal doesn’t have any left luggage facility, but it does have bike racks. it would probably be safe there but…

I’ve asked on the local Facebook page and I’ve found somewhere you can leave it safely.

I’ll send the info in a PM (if I can make it work)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There is a left luggage desk in the office at the ferry terminal in Brodick .

Not any more there’s not.

So wondered if any of the regulars had any bright ideas?

I ride regularly on the island, and stash a drybag in the woods now due to their being no left luggage in the new terminal, not a problem, there’s loads of places around Brodick to do it.

The new terminal looks ace, but they’ve missed a few tricks – as above no LL, but also no cover for cyclists awaiting the ferry, given the number of folks that cycle on the island, this is a joke. A **** bus shelter woudn’t have cost much!.

Where are you gonna stay if you’re only going over for the day? it’s only 30 quid extra to take a car over, or a wee van, then you can kip anywhere for a few nights.

GolfChick
    Free Member

We’ll probably book an Airbnb nearby either in Ardrossan or surrounding areas for the Friday and Saturday night instead. Cheers very much for everyone’s suggestions and the fabulous PM which I’ll now reply to!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

We’ll probably book an Airbnb nearby either in Ardrossan

Don’t (I’m from the area originally!).

Look at West Kilbride, Seamill, Troon or Prestwick. 3 towns, Kilwinning, Irvine are all to be avoided, Like Walsall on the coast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Storage in Brodick (Arran)’ is closed to new replies.