Home Forums Chat Forum Storage box for between seats on Berlingo

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Storage box for between seats on Berlingo
  • mjsmke

Finally got round to getting a new (to me) car. A Berlingo, 5 seat version and really impressed with it so far.

It has a very large space between the two front seats due to no handbrake and only has a very shallow tray on the floor that things easy slide out of. I’d really like some kind of storage box there to put things in instead of them sliding around the tray or glove box.

Any ideas?

argoose
    Free Member

Measure available space, go to B&M/Wilkos get one to fit, attach self adhesive velcro to base and tray. Fanny’s your Aunt job done

trail_rat
    Free Member

Look on eBay. That is a factory fit item in certain models. I have one. I’ll go have a quick squizz.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Pn

Christ the expensive for what is a box with a tambour door.

130 quid !

mashr

Might be worth searching scrappies for one at that price

trail_rat
    Free Member

That’s what I hoped to find on eBay for him but it was slim pickings

mjsmke

Had a look on ebay and cant understand the price for the specific one for the car. It’s designed to fit around a handbrake anyway so wouldn’t be ideal.

vdubber67
    Free Member
    reformedfatty
    Free Member

The box seemingly was only factory fit on the van models and requires a different centre console bit to latch into. When I was looking they were few and far between – ended up paying £90 for console + box.

The worst part is that it’s so bloody useful it’s worth the outrageous price.

This is what you want but without paying that kind of money

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/09-18-CITROEN-BERLINGO-PARTNER-CENTRE-CONSOLE-CAP-HOLDER-STORAGE-BOX-BOTTOM-BASE/274437177582?hash=item3fe5bb00ee:g:9MMAAOSwcoNfGtbr

trail_rat
    Free Member

The box seemingly was only factory fit on the van models and requires a different centre console bit to latch into

Nah I have it in my partner teepee

Doesn’t look to have been an option ticked on the build sheet either but this is the outdoor spec (xtr equivalent for Berlingo) didn’t know it needed a different tray to latch into. When I take the box out the tray looks like any other bingo/partner centre console but eBay suggests they only come as a pair and hence the cost.

mattbee

There’s one in our Berlingo Multispace too although I only recently realised that it unclips.

mjsmke

Ebay link not working. But if it’s the same as the others it’s to fit around a handbrake so wont fit mine.

mjsmke

This might work.

olly2097
    Free Member

My xtr had the box and internal bars missing when I got it. Box cost £12 on eBay. Bars 99p. I’ve seen the box go for £50+ and bars for £80+. Bargains are out there if you wait!

You need the box specific base.

DickBarton

It unclips? Braw, I’ll do that and give the beast a good hoovering as it has had 4 years use as an outdoor transportation unit for everything…it needs a proper clean!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Has anyone got a photo of a *normal* centre console. I had a look on Google images and it seems the box is ubiquitous with berlingos and partners it’s hard to find a photo of one without.

I’d also check to be sure someone hasn’t.just removed the box for some reason – they seem that ubiquitous . Ever one for same on there seems to have one except the 3 seated vans….

mjsmke

So does the standard base just unclog too? Mines just a 2cm deep tray.

trail_rat
    Free Member

image hosting[/url]

That’s mine with box out.

Dick the button to remove is at the rear just above the back seat cupholders.

And yes I should have taken the box out today when I was hoovering ahha

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Mine had the no-box centre console originally before I swapped it.

Not mine but like this – https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-PARTNER-BERLINGO-MK2-2010-2015-CENTRE-MIDDLE-CONSOLE-CUPHOLDER-060936J01/324288494530?hash=item4b8119bbc2:g:NYAAAOSw2glfV4oH

And the version with the box clips is as above, the filthy grotbag that it is…

DickBarton

Braw, ta… annoyingly, this means I’m going to have to hoover now!

mjsmke

3:08 in is the standard base.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ah ok…. Me and dick are talking about the pre 2016 model.

mjsmke

I found the exact part I need.

Here

It looks the same as the one for the older model but much cheaper, and a little wider.

RustyNissanPrairie

You could go for the universal chrome bin cubby box as fitted to my RustyNissanPrairie.

get monitor size[/url]

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Storage box for between seats on Berlingo’ is closed to new replies.