Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • STOLEN – Volvo 245 estate, reg VMJ751W
  • kayla1
    Free Member

Some lowlife stole our Volvo estate, reg VMJ751W, during the night-

It has a roof rack on it now though. My OH is gutted 🙁

reeksy

That’s terrible. Looks like a tidy car 🙁

joshvegas
    Free Member

Are you sure the rust didn’t catch up with it and it evaporated all at once?

What utter shitbags, I have a massive soft spot for old Volvo’s.

theotherjonv

stolen to order?

A quick tour of the old people’s homes to look for a cap wearing pensioner will surely reveal the new ‘owner’

Seriously, what scumbags, but why? I’m sure it’s a great car but it’s not exactly desirable or valuable, or am I missing something?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Sadly, it’s probably because it can be stolen without having to break in to someone’s house and steal the keys or pay folk at dealers to make you secret spare keys.

I worry about it with my old Leyland DAF camper, then remember I can’t even get it to start or move and I own it!

Kayla, apologies for the flippancy on your thread. Hopefully it will be found

reluctantjumper

Gutted for you, hope it’s found quickly and safely. Sadly they’re incredibly easy to break into and start without a key, when I had mine it was regularly being ‘looked at’ if left in a dubious area. Thankfully a dodgy wiring issue meant it never actually disappeared.

I’m sure it’s a great car but it’s not exactly desirable or valuable, or am I missing something?

Prices of Volvo 240 estates are very high right now, a few grand for a ropey one.

CheesybeanZ

I blame Guy Martin, it looks a perfect vehicle for folk racing.

RustyNissanPrairie

bloody merchant bankers.

Hope it turns up.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Where in the world was it pinched?

matt_outandabout

🙁

There’s three in a field of Ovlov 340’s near us – great cars IMO and are starting to be real classics.

I hope you get it back.

v7fmp

i was hoping for a German marzipan based Christmas treat….

Sorry for your loss.

As mentioned, possibly stolen to order, in a ‘Gone in 60 Seconds’ kind of way. The equivalent of Elanor?

kayla1
    Free Member

Cheers all. It’ll be in the ‘historic’ tax class come January, I expect a newer 245 will be rung with our older plates.

It was in Peterlee, SR8.

a11y

That sucks – can’t be many of those around. Hope it turns up.

There’s three in a field of Ovlov 340’s near us – great cars IMO and are starting to be real classics.

Matt, do you know about the Volvo ‘graveyard’ on the backroad between Falkirk and Cumbernauld? https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.474642749248800.100925.285839238129153&type=1. Huge number of old Volvos all over the place, brilliant. Used to pass it frequently but not since moving from the area.

sharkattack

Gutted for you. I still miss my old 240. It was a slow, ugly, loveable barge with the most comfortable seats I’ve ever sat in.

goby

Ah really sorry to hear that @Kayla! hope you get good news soon! I love the old volvos too!

40mpg

I took my driving test in one of those, in 1988!

3 point turn was interesting as the car was longer than the road was wide. I think the examiner was more used to Metros! But I passed!

Hope you get it back.

dovebiker

Sadly, expect it’s been stolen to be broken/for parts and could be in a container on it’s way to Eastern Europe. Lots of old VW campers simply ‘disappear’ every year and no one questions the supply of used parts. You may be lucky and it’s been left parked on a quiet street for a few days to see if there’s a tracker fitted so may be worth putting the word out on local social media or classic Volvo groups to see if anyone spots it.

devash
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss OP.

Wonder if it will turn up on Road Wars / Traffic Cops, being involved in some high speed pursuit chase? That would be rather random.

ji
    Free Member

Sadly they’re incredibly easy to break into and start without a key,

Mine (I had years ago) had a kill switch hidden under the centre console that cut something off to prevent it from starting. I found the switch a few weeks after owning it and it took me a few minutes to figure out why the car wouldn’t start…

b230ftw
    Free Member

Unfortunately they are great cars for banger racing. 😞 I hope you find it but if you don’t then don’t let the insurance company low ball you, they are worth a decent amount of money nowadays.
    And they don’t rust nearly as badly as most cars of the same vintage.

sweepy
    Free Member

They were brilliant cars!
    From my memory your best chance of getting it back is to wait at the petrol station, it’ll be there before long.

kayla1
    Free Member

Cheers all, there are some witty replies that fetched out a smile. It’s only a car, I know, but by jeebus it stings.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN – Volvo 245 estate, reg VMJ751W’ is closed to new replies.