Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 238 total)
  • Stolen (?) Jones Spaceframe & Truss Fork
  • teasel
    Free Member

I’m offended by the amount of offended posts here!

Careful! Last time I wrote a comment like that without using a smiley it resulted in Grum giving me a lecture about ironing or somesuch…

Proof that to the untrained eye they’re a lady’s bike anyway

🙂 Thread winner!

vorlich
    Free Member

There really are some total bellends on here. 🙄

bruneep

I had a stolen bike returned by police after over a yr being missing, I had full payout from insurance co. £4k

I informed them that “their” bike had been returned to me and what should I do with it? After much humming and dithering they told me to keep it.

himoz
    Free Member

Jesus what a bunch of miserable bastards. The bike is in quite poor condition mechanically which is what set alarm bells ringing. The bike is spec’d exactly as chainline described 4 years ago and would be one hell of a coincidence if its not the same. Frame no. will be checked today.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jesus what a bunch of miserable bastards.

Some forum members just want to see the world burn….or be annoying cockweasels.

One of the two.

…or maybe both.

Ok, well maybe he lost it down the back of the sofa, sold the sofa on Gumtree, the next owner didn’t like it an had it reupholstered, the bike came out with the old fabric and was thrown into the scraps bin, the scraps bin ignited and burnt the unit down burying the bike, it lay underground for years until the area was redeveloped as allotments to feed the children on the local orphanage, the orphanage served up moussaka to the needy children and there, in one of the slices of aubergine, on the plate belonging to the girl in the OP, was the bike.

Seems legit.

bearnecessities

Seems legit.

Agreed; I like the eggplantation.

Sandwich

A good result.

You spill my pint?

No I’m looking at it funny, like.

Duffer
    Free Member

I had a stolen bike returned by police after over a yr being missing, I had full payout from insurance co. £4k

I informed them that “their” bike had been returned to me and what should I do with it? After much humming and dithering they told me to keep it.

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ[/video]

davidj

Very glad to hear things likely to end well for Chainline.

Unfortunately the police sometimes use the insurance claim and innocent seller argument to avoid investigating. Two of our stolen bikes have appeared on auction sites and police have been disinterested in recovering them due to the insurance claim. It’s a shame as we would be happy to payback the insurance money to get the bikes back as they were pretty customised.

Chainline
    Free Member

Bike is 100% definitely mine, frame numbers and exact specification. Nothing has changed on it other than having a mudguard and some pink tape added.

Original crime reports have been unearthed and authorities informed of detals.
    Insurers have been informed and we have come to an agreement.

I sincerely hope this is a happy ending (given post above, but Police are involved) and I am very grateful to Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative for being vigilent and everyone on here for bringing it to my attention.

Assuming said happy ending I will be making a donation to the forum and to the LBS.

Jamie
    Free Member

Assuming said happy ending I will be making a donation to the forum and to the LBS.

I was nothing to do with it, but i’ll have a Guinness.

chipps

Fantastic news. Best of luck in getting it back quickly, Chainline – and top marks to Edinburgh Coop for being vigilant.

Always wondered what happened to Chipps flower print maverick, that must have stood out like the proverbial Bulldogs *******.

That wasn’t my Maverick (though it was stolen from outside the office (from a locked roof rack)) – it was real-tree camo and belonged to Nick Wallis. Unfortunately he died a couple of years ago, so will never be reunited with it.

In happier news, send us a photo of you and the reunited bike when you get it back, Chainline.

scaredypants

I lost an aubergine* once – might I have a claim on this bike ?

*while hoovering the stairs. couldn’t sit down for weeks

bikebouy
    Free Member

Strange but intriguing story, it’s not often you hear stories of anyone being reunited with the simplest of things never mind bikes from 4 years ago.

Will you ride it if you get it back or does it have those out of fashion 26″ wheels ?? 😆

Chainline
    Free Member

Chipps, will do 🙂
    bikebouy, I most certainly will, a great bike is a great bike no matter what the wheels size. it has 29’s which were not in fashion back then…

iolo
    Free Member

Well then that’s excellent news
    Let’s hope you get it back.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

it has 29’s which were not in fashion back then…

And as a result of the elapsed time, they’re now horribly out of fashion again! 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ indeed, 29+ it seems is the new 650b.

Enjoy your bike, gonna be a funny reunion and acclimatisation for both of you.

Will you keep the pink additions ?? 😆

qwerty
    Free Member

Will you keep the pink additions ??

First thing I did when I got my Humu home was remove and replace all the changed bits as I didn’t like the karma that was radiating from them. Bike felt much more mine again after the changes.

bruneep

The returned bike was pretty much trashed. Much of it just fit for the bin.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d be changing the saddle and grips…

I get the feeling it would be either like hooking up with an old G/F where once the heart beat twice for ever one in normal life, but now, well perhaps the affection has wained.
    Or your into dogging and anything will do 😆

somafunk

There’s a few folk i know that have reached a certain age and for one reason or another (reeking of desperation not to die alone i guess?) they have hooked back up with old GF, usually met back up through some form of social media and are putting a brave face on it by acting all lovey-dovey……….perhaps the same thing will happen here 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

Hora: Ive bought alot of secondhand stuff over the years.

I hear bikebiz are going to give you a lifetime achievement award for your contributions to the industry.

pk13

As cyclist’s let’s be happy a guy got his bike back. We can get back to pulling each other apart over wheel size and stickers on Monday.

Chainline
    Free Member

I’m genuinely looking forward to getting it back. A lot has changed since then in my riding and bikes so it will be an interesting reunion and in many ways ideally suited to my local riding where what I use now is massively over the top!

racefaceec90

just read this,am very happy for you chainline 😀

if i ever won the lotto (would have to start playing it first 😉 that is one bike i would definitely buy.

iolo
    Free Member

Just as a matter of interest why did you not get another following the insurance payout? From what I’ve heard they are very good bikes.

taffy
    Free Member

I’m glad this is coming to a happy ending a la waynes world!

ignoring the naysayers etc, pedalphile – your a gent and a man of infinite memory (yesterday is a blur to me..) i am sure cosmic Karma will be repaid.

ratherbeintobago

Just as a matter of interest why did you not get another following the insurance payout? From what I’ve heard they are very good bikes.

Is it because it’s a custom frame from before Jones started making production ones?

trail_rat
    Free Member

err hora

“If I bought something stolen I’d want to liaise with the insurer NOT someone who had been paid out years ago.”

It wouldnt matter what hora wanted…… youd be talking to the fuzz – who would take the stolen item off you ….. youd be looking to prove you bought it in good faith and thus get off without being charged for knowingly buying stolen goods.

as i said before – you buy stolen goods you deserve all you get.

you have no stake in the item at that point regardless of if the rightful owner has been paid out.

GregMay
    Free Member

GOod to see my old place of employment doing a great job as usual 🙂

Well done folks, well bloody done.

qwerty
    Free Member

Apparently it was only the tip of the iceberg

😉

tomhoward

Has that copper got one leg?!

Jamie
    Free Member

Either that, or he’s trollyed.

*gets coat*

martinh
    Free Member

Just caught this thread. I remember well the posts about the theft all those years ago. Jones owners were few and far between back then and I had met Chainline briefly at the Kielder 100 and was really gutted at his loss.

It’s amazing that the bike has resurfaced with all it’s parts. I think we’d all assumed it had been split and melted long ago.

Ride like you stole it Phil 😉

richpips
    Free Member

Nice one Chainline. 😉

Chainline
    Free Member

Thanks guys. The thanks really must go to the guys at the shop. The police have recovered it and I am trying to arrange collection. Couldn’t get hold of anyone late today, could be ‘office hours’ on the number I’ve been given.

Martinh, that Kielder is etched on my memory!

Has anyone tried one with a 29+ front rather than fat? I mostly rode it Fat Front.

ratherbeintobago

Has anyone tried one with a 29+ front rather than fat? I mostly rode it Fat Front.

Jeff?

/beingasmartarse

Napalm
    Free Member

I don’t have the fat fork & run a 2.4 Ardent – suits me well and it could take a much wider 29 tyre.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 238 total)

The topic ‘Stolen (?) Jones Spaceframe & Truss Fork’ is closed to new replies.