Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 238 total)
  • Stolen (?) Jones Spaceframe & Truss Fork
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Ive been away a while and came back recently but hora you still never cease to amaze me with your posts 🙂

Good luck getting bike back fella and good work by those involved

timbur
    Free Member

hora – really? Is that the best you can come up with?

(oh, nice edit btw)

petefromearth

This thread gives me hope that my red and black 19″ Raleigh Scorpion, stolen from my dad’s shed in 1990 will one day be returned. Keep your eyes peeled people.

Jamie
    Free Member

Flame me but I dont ‘get’ spending lots on bikes then effectively leaving them outside.

I think, being in a garage, is literally inside.

…but then you know that you cheeky monkey.

argee

Good to see a happy story after so long, I wish I could get a similar one on my old Titus exogrid racer x and Merlin oreas that we’re nicked about 6 years ago, I’d just built the Titus after chasing the frame and parts for a while.

Interesting question about the insurance, same as me, they paid out so ‘own’ my bikes if returned, but as always, they will make an offer to you to buy hopefully.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“If you claimed on insurance and it has been through a few owners all you are doing is bringing misery to an innocent owner.”

Hora – how about you **** off .

its his bike – at the very least it is his insurance companies – take your high horse and fall right off it.

If you buy stolen goods then you deserve all you get.

chewkw
    Free Member

If I get the person who stole my Shimano Aerodynamic road/racing bike (yes, Shimano brand …) in the far east from my teenage years (I saved very hard to buy it), he will get a bloody good beating in front of his family … save the police time beating him up at the station. Or if he is a Muslamic person I will report him to the Muslamic court and get him the public floggings … while I sit and eat a bowl of noddle watching him being flogged.

😈

Jamie
    Free Member

Hora – how about you **** off .

Well. That’s Hora fed for the night.

trail_rat
    Free Member

bet he parks his car outside as well 😉

then wonder why it gets scratched.

Atomizer

Awesome news Phil – don’t let the bureaucrats win though!

Jamie
    Free Member

I feel like the bureaucrats are getting a hard time here.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Has he actually gotten it back yet? Reminds me, I should probably record the serial numbers on mine.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If you claimed on insurance and it has been through a few owners all you are doing is bringing misery to an innocent owner. Plus why did you leave ‘a labour of love’ /thousands of pounds in a garage? Flame me but I dont ‘get’ spending lots on bikes then effectively leaving them outside.

You’ve got to be joking. You’re blaming the OP for having his bike stolen because he left it in his garage – which unless his garage doesn’t have a roof and walls it was effectively inside. And the ‘bringing misery to an innocent owner’ comment wtf, someone buys stolen goods then they get what they deserve.

You really should stick to posts about your latest road riding fad.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yee haaa….get that service with your cheap online supplier.

Might be a baby only it’s mother would love, but congratulations chainline.

matt_outandabout

Oh, we need some celebration in this thread…

bol

Fingers crossed for a good result today.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yee haaa….get that service with your cheap online supplier.

Erm…

oldgit
    Free Member

Wot…another feather in the cap for LBS’s no?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

CRC and merlin are an lbs for someone?

yunki
    Free Member

And the ‘bringing misery to an innocent owner’ comment wtf, someone buys stolen goods then they get what they deserve.

I’m gonna wade in cos the kids have been up brawling and caterwauling since 5 and I’m feeling murderous..

I hope you all thoroughly check the provenance of every item bought on here, ebay etc

oldgit
    Free Member

Okay okay I retract that statement, I didn’t realise CRC took bikes in for work.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Let’s not wreck such a good ending with a decension into stw moral brawling.

Jamie
    Free Member

Let’s not wreck such a good ending with a decension into stw moral brawling.

You spill my pint?

somafunk

I think someone must have spilled hora’s babycham if his earlier post is anything to go by

wrightyson
    Free Member

Great news.
    However can I state that I’d like someone to steal my ratbike so I can buy a new one!!

Jamie
    Free Member

I think someone must have spilled hora’s babycham if his earlier post is anything to go by

Spiked it more like.

somafunk

What?, spiked by a half lager shandy?…….. You calling him a big puff?…..fight…fight…..fight

hora
    Free Member

Ive bought alot of secondhand stuff over the years. That bike looks in good condition. I.e someone bought it in good faith/looked after it regardless of the mudguard.

If I bought something stolen I’d want to liaise with the insurer NOT someone who had been paid out years ago. You relinquished ownership at payout IMO as your not out of pocket/owed anything and no longer legal owner. If you regain posession without returning all funds- partly fraud.

The only goodtime is when you catch the immediate crook or fencer. 4yrs?

One day insurers will put big exemptions/premiums hiked massively due to high end thefts from sheds/garages.

Too many times I see bike stolen threads (forced entry into shed/garage). If your insured and happy/understand the additional risk fine but move on. If you insure bike for less for better premiums- thats your call.

Flame. Its my opinion. I’d say the same in the pub or street.

ratherbeintobago

One day insurers will put big exemptions/premiums hiked massively due to high end thefts from sheds/garages.

One day? The CTC policy already won’t cover bikes above a certain value in sheds/garages that aren’t chained down to a proper ground anchor with a Sold Secure Gold lock.

qwerty
    Free Member

If the warm glow I got from being reunited with my Kona HumuHumuNukuNukuApuaA stolen 3 years prior was anything to go by, you’ll be buzzing for weeks! Nice one.

oldgit
    Free Member

Always wondered what happened to Chipps flower print maverick, that must have stood out like the proverbial Bulldogs *******.
    There’s been a few special bikes go, just makes you wonder where chainlines bike has been all this time.

bearnecessities

Hora probably owned it at some point.

muggomagic

It was probably mrs hora that dropped it in to the shop.

spooky_b329

Its stolen recovered. History unknown, even it if the insurance was informed I suspect they’d either just write it off (the original claim), or do a knock down settlement price.

iolo
    Free Member

If indeed its been stolen at all.

Jamie
    Free Member

If indeed its been stolen at all.

Go on…

Chainline
    Free Member

If refering to my Jones. It was stolen. If you read the thread it was also ground anchored to the floor and the garage was secured with very high grade locks. I also raised a lot of local publicity. It was taken with 3 other bikes, lights, tools…it wasn’t funny.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Go on…

Ok, well maybe he lost it down the back of the sofa, sold the sofa on Gumtree, the next owner didn’t like it an had it reupholstered, the bike came out with the old fabric and was thrown into the scraps bin, the scraps bin ignited and burnt the unit down burying the bike, it lay underground for years until the area was redeveloped as allotments to feed the children on the local orphanage, the orphanage served up moussaka to the needy children and there, in one of the slices of aubergine, on the plate belonging to the girl in the OP, was the bike.

khani
    Free Member

This threads gone from a happy ending to a car crash of total knobtwattery… 😕
    I prefer the happy ending 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe the bike is legitimately owned. That’s all I’m saying. I know you were robbed and your prize posession taken. There’s no doubt.
    How do you know this girl’s guy is not some biker who has a Jones too. This guy might nit be British.
    He’s not in the country so she just takes it to use around town. He maybe took off the pedals to stop anyone using it and she got some off her dad.
    Has it been 100 percent confirmed that the bike is the stolen one?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 238 total)

The topic ‘Stolen (?) Jones Spaceframe & Truss Fork’ is closed to new replies.