Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Stolen Bike Recovered!
  • donsimon
    Free Member

So i ask you the same question again.

I guess there has to be some common sense no?

yeti mountain bike, good condition, 27 speed, 26inch wheels, fox rear shocker, rockshox reba front suspention forks with hard and soft switch on handle bars, xtr shimano wheels and xtr shimano hydrolic disc breaks, xtr rapid fire gears shifters, xtr derailors, xtr crank set, aliminium peddles an corbon fiber seat post.

Is quite an interesting description,no?

Is your friend so eloquent in his descriptions or does he put an accurate ad together?
    Does you friend sell his stuff or rely on people buying it becasue it's dirt cheap?

Congrats on getting your bike back. 😀

U31
    Free Member

Not descending in to an argument with someone unwilling to at least try and think laterally….

But to judge someone a thief solely on their spelling and grammar?

A thought experiment. You have or know friends with teenage kids at school? Go on their facebook or other social network sites they frequent.
    I swear down, my daughter and her friends are almost undecipherable. All are set 1 English in school btw.

hora
    Free Member

They are conversing and trying to out cool each other not sell something for maximum profit or exposure 😆

FFS Its not cool for kids to converse with correct punctuation, prose and gravitas. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Problem with this sort of crime, is proving someone stole/knew the bikes were stolen. Very often, in cases like this, the seller won't face any criminal charges at all. All they have to do is say they bought it in good faith, and without any proof,the worts that happens is that they lose the bike. Plenty of people have lost out like this; a mate lost out like this after buying what he thought was a legit bike off a neighbour. The neighbour denied all knowledge of course, when police came knocking. No receipt, mate's word against his. Mate lost his money, but didn't get charged with anything. Lesson learned; check provenance first. Caveat Emptor.

I've no doubt loads of parts are shifted via Ebay etc, but as stated, how can you tell? You might even buy something off a regular off here, someone you imagine to be trustworthy. I mean, there are loads of folk on here who have a large turnover of gear (not suggesting for a moment there's anything dodgy), but you just can't tell. As long as you believe it to be kosher, then that's all you can do.

Sadly, as cycling has become more popular, so has the trade in stolen bikes and bits. And it's 100% certain, I'd say, that this very forum, and all the others, are used by organised bike thieves to fence stuff. Think about theft of bikes from trail centres etc; opportunists don't visit these places, so how would yer average inner city scrote know to drive out to them to nick stuff? And stuff getting nicked from people's garages? People getting followed home from rides? Sorry, but the reality is that some people will take advantage of a situation for their own ends, without much thought for those they steal from.

It's not just scrotey chavs what do crime. Plenty of 'respectable' types will have you over soon as look at you. The best criminals are people you'd never suspect as being a criminal. Think about it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Not a question of lateral thinking or playing devil's advocate, simple common sense. There are plenty of people who have poor grammar and have nice bikes and know how to describe their bike. Poor description of said bike, "hard soft switch", that's not poor grammar that points at something else.

That is not lateral thinking and trying to defend it is not using your common sense either, it's is closer to trolling and not particularly good trolling either. 😉

basehead
    Free Member

I wish my bloody nicked Yeti would turn up on Ebay!

doggone1
    Free Member

Wht havnt they pulled the bike off ebay

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Yeah SANCHO, – intriguing now you have said that as I couldn't quite see it myself but who knows.

If your perhaps using pinkbike/bikeradar/ebay, your asking for 3 or 4/10 items being stolen or mucked around by seller.

So come on then, fess up, who are the STW.COM bike thieves who apprently frequent here???

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Who knows? Could be people who've been on here for years. You'd probably trust someone who posts on the forum regularly, not just the classifieds, wouldn't you? Great way to gain someone's trust.

Kamakazie

Some lucky bidder is about to win your bike in 45mins for the princely sum of £820.

Glad you got it back.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Has the auction not been pulled? WTF? So some poor sod could end up paying this fecker money, then have all the hassle of trying to get it back again?

So the crime of 'obtaining money by false pretences' is about to be allowed by Ebay? FFS….

shaggmiester
    Free Member

glad you got your bike back! i had my orange 5 nicked a few month back, police did'nt help one bit! did all my own investigating and found out who nicked it, there were a few of them involved but the main lad had a garage full of bikes and bike parts, i even managed to find some cctv footage of the little scrote taking it out the next morning, i told the police this and asked if they'd go up to his house, they told me they thought it was the lad i mentioned and they'd go up, they never did, told me they did'nt have enough officers out, so i was a bit pissed off with them, scared this lad would end up selling it on so i told police id wait outside his house untill they got there, the cheeky bastards told me if i get involved they'd come and arrest me!!!!! thought they didnt have enough officers out!!! so i named and shamed them all on here with there addresses and got the bike back myself with the help of some good friends 😉 anyway the police rang me a week later asking if i'd got my bike back, told them i had, and now they want to question me on how i got it back!! i told them with a little gentle persuation! 😀 glad the police helped you in this case but normally they're **** useless!! this guy needs a good beating, he's obviuosly been doing a lot of it by the looks of it!! 👿

shaggmiester
    Free Member

#
    Elfinsafety – Member

Has the auction not been pulled? WTF? So some poor sod could end up paying this fecker money, then have all the hassle of trying to get it back again?

So the crime of 'obtaining money by false pretences' is about to be allowed by Ebay? FFS….
    Posted 20 minutes ago # Report-Post
    yeh, you need to bid above him to make sure no poor fecker gives this scrote anymore!!

ton

😯 😆

shaggmiester
    Free Member

hi ton, i know! but i know how it feels to have yer bike nicked! so do you bgoss!! 🙄

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

+1 shaggmiester. er, someone is going to win this….

dirtyrider
    Free Member

someone top my £100,000 please

ton

i tried to bid a million………….. 😆

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

50k 😀 good work

Reluctant
    Free Member

Brilliant!

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

superb!

SonicTheHedgehog
    Free Member

Best e-bay aution I ever saw!!

shaggmiester
    Free Member

that was one expensive bike, 50,000 and still didnt get it, damn!!! 😆

ton

who won it…………… ❓

donsimon
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Got a link to the Ebay auction?

But, but: "Excellent item, great ebayer to deal with, very honest and accurate."

😯

MarkN
    Free Member

Result! It really was Friday the 13th for someone.. 😆

KonaTC

feedback is littered with bikes and components surely ebay must be able to track/log private sellers items? Big brother I know

but it looks suspicious

and it was…

dt5714
    Free Member

The 'useless' Police also recovered a Lapierre Race 500 and a Trek Fuel which have been returned to their respective owners and are looking to recover more of the sold ones.

ton

was this in leeds.

was my big black karate monkey there????

shaggmiester
    Free Member

" dt5714 – Member

The 'useless' Police also recovered a Lapierre Race 500 and a Trek Fuel which have been returned to their respective owners and are looking to recover more of the sold ones. "

dt, you sound like you might be a copper, am i right?

dt5714
    Free Member

Shag

I am, but know you got a sh1t service from Huddersfield Coppers when yours went, which pissed me off as I live in Hudds. Leeds has had a hammering with bike thefts and there needs to be someway of better recording stolen bike nationwide as the bikes that are being targeted are worth more than a lot of the cars on the road. But we need to start helping ourselves some riders don't even know their frame number which doesn't help when trying to find/recover.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The 'useless' Police

Prevention is better than Cure…

ton

dt5714

mate
    gumtree……..leeds, search for bikes
    same house same bloke more bikes than halfords
    house is near middleton park woods.

think he may have my surly……just bideing my time… 😉

http://leeds.gumtree.com/leeds/61/63910361.html

surely worth a vist fron the local plod.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Sorry, but the reality is that some people will take advantage of a situation for their own ends, without much thought for those they steal from.

What sad reading that makes if it is true that other so called mtb'ers steal from other (read=proper) mtb'ers.

That simply ''SUCKS'' feeling is without a shadow of a doubt, the most gutting feeling ever when you have found a bike which belongs to yourself stolen and feeling completely useless.
    BUT, – now everyone is online pretty much, there are more opportunities to spot the odd bike out syndrome which becomes increasingly popular in cities and towns alike.

SHAME ON THE ASS FLUFF THAT STOLE THIS YETI and all the other's.

Flame thrower whilst getting razzed up on whiskey and spuing it to fuel the fire of bike thieves being burnt at dusk is what's needed here to sh#t them up.

But in all serious, it boils my piss their actual attitude of stealing bikes, begs belief.

😡

Though having said that, complete result by the sounds of things.

Keep us updated won't you on how he's charged etc.

😀 for you.

ton

Ed, it is mate…………..been watching him since mine was nicked.
    what do you think??

Sancho
    Free Member

Can you call me tomorrow and talk about it at work, I have an idea

ton

i am away on holiday tomorrow for a week. i will ring you when i am back.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bike Recovered!’ is closed to new replies.