Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sticky freehub on Kinesis Crosslights
  • richardthird

The freehub carries on turning when freewheeling, which throws the chain. I took freehub off, pawls area all clean but decreased it all and re-oiled.  Problem still there.  New freehub time or is there anything else I could look at?

parkesie
    Free Member

Don’t know the hub but possibly a bearing gone in the free hub. Have a look see if you can replace the bearings.

richardthird

Yeah I’ll tear it down again and have another look.

pdw
    Free Member

Not familiar with the hub, but normally the free hub bearings are static when freewheeling, so wouldn’t expect it to be bearings. It’s got to be something catching between the free hub (or cassette?) and the hub body.

richardthird

Most odd. Wind if up in the stand and the crank will keep rotating. More evident in higher gears / smaller sprockets

fourbanger
    Free Member

It’s because they are cheap shite. Both mine and my wife’s ended up doing this. I think they are just badly made and the seal drags or something.

Look forward to the aluminium nipples snapping at some stage.

richardthird

Hmm. I rebuilt with brass nips when I Bought them second-hand some thousands of miles ago.  Original bearings and no problems until now.  Probably due a bit of tlc and perhaps an upgrade to a £40 11s freehub.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sticky freehub on Kinesis Crosslights’ is closed to new replies.