• This topic has 83 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by richc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • steroids
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Been a gym rat this year for around 8 months now and weightlifting on and off for a fair few years. Realise now that I’m never going to get the body I want without taking drugs. I hate the idea as it seems like cheating and if I’m honest I don’t have to bottle to do it anyway even if I could find a supplier.
    I know a few lads who’ve been on them on and off and haven’t had any side effects. Or none that they’d be willing share.
    Anyone have any experience of them?
    *flamesuit on.

Jamie
    Free Member

What exactly do you expect to get from this thread?

footflaps
    bigyim
    Free Member

A six pack, buns of steel and loads of abuse

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’m not sure middle-aged skinny and/or fat cyclists are the ones to ask. Try muscletalk.co.uk.

ratherbeintobago

While I usually avoid posting on vaguely medical threads like the plague, my medical* advice is that this is a really, really bad idea. Even if you can find a supplier, you will have no idea what you’re actually taking and in what doses, and it’s likely they won’t either. The drugs you’re talking about are a long, long way from being benign.

In terms of side effects, shall we start with premature cardiovascular disease and testicular failure?

*GMC number available on request, in case they’re watching.

dudeofdoom

Mmm after a source 🙂

Just get on ukmuscle asking here is probably an indicator you shouldn’t be thinking about them IMHO 🙂

ratadog

In terms of side effects, shall we start with premature cardiovascular disease and testicular failure?

This.

I get 1-2 people per year referred to me because they want kids or at least a sex life and it isn’t happening. If they stop the drugs some of them get lucky but some of them do not.

Jamie
    Free Member

I can do a crate of beer, six cream buns and a mild ribbing*.

*insert joke here.

spud-face

Our pet roidosaurus at work is now experiencing the side effect of not being able to turn the collar down on his workshirts as he’s too beefcakey. That’s possibly a core effect rather than a side effect though.

And to put your mind at ease he vouchsafes:
    “No it doesn’t **** shrink your cock you ****, that’s absolute bullshit!
    What the **** are you lookin’ at? Eh? RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

jambourgie
    Free Member

OP in 11 days time…

Drac

Of course not seeing your GP before taking steroids and asking random strangers is the wise choice. No not really.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve known plenty of friends that have used in different degrees most have got much bigger and felt great then came off a course (6/8 weeks)and lost most of the size and felt like shit and then had to take an anti estrogen drugs and drugs to kick start your body’s natural testosterone again. I’ve got a pal that’s 40+ so his natural testosterone is very limited and he has a private doc that gives him test every two weeks plus growth hormone. He’s lived in the US where low testosterone and growth hormone levels are treated as an illness. I.e Stallone got caught with both going into OZ by customs!!! His opinion is no one lives forever and why shouldn’t he be able to look great and feel great and not feel tired with the testosterone and growth levels of a 21 year old. My opinion is as long as you read and understand the pros and cons. Your an adult and you make your own choice.

AdamW
    Free Member

There’s been a spate of (gorgeous) young male adult ‘actors’ recently dying through suspected cardiac arrests brought on by steroid abuse.

Depends if you want to live past 35 I guess with a normal temper.

ratherbeintobago

I’ve got a pal that’s 40+ so his natural testosterone is very limited and he has a private doc that gives him test every two weeks plus growth hormone. He’s lived in the US where low testosterone and growth hormone levels are treated as an illness. I.e Stallone got caught with both going into OZ by customs!!! His opinion is no one lives forever

Where to start? Firstly, no-one does live forever, but why risk shortening your life or suffering unpleasant side effects (for example, testosterone replacement is associated with prostatic hypertrophy). Secondly, your friend has a doctor overseeing his ‘treatment’, which is a lot safer than a combination of one of the gym trainers/your mate/drugs you’ve bought off the internet. Thirdly, as a total aside, this is a demonstration of exactly why the US fee-for-service healthcare model is wrong (if you get a fee for tests/treatment, then human nature is to over-investigate/over-treat).

dudeofdoom

I’m over 40 what symptoms do I have to fake to get testosterone an hormones 🙂

Just kidding :-p

wrecker
    Free Member

Wouldn’t dream of it if you want to have children. Steroids and peps are not good for the swimmers. Google “steroid shutdown”. Doing it “right” is not a simple thing with all of the other stuff you need to take with the steroids and the post cycle therapy (things like clomid).
    Interestingly, you can buy steroids pretty easily on the internet. They aren’t even expensive.
    I’ll never say never but I doubt I’ll ever do any. Growth hormone on the other hand; I could certainly be tempted if the supply was guaranteed pharma quality and not cripplingly expensive.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Wrecker : in answer to your question yes it is crazy expensive £800+ per month plus steriods plus regular blood tests etc. And doing his own blood sugar tests every other morning. As some one above said I know an ex pro body builder who took growth for years and now has pain in his hands and feet at the joints/nuckles apparently it is a well know side affect of excessive growth hormone. Same as gigantism.
    I don’t agree or condone with it. but how many people in the world have been using steriods since the 1950s and died from it? And how many died from drinking or smoking.

wrecker
    Free Member

GH is hugely popular amongst the celebs, and carpel tunnel is a common side. Cost wise, it does depend on dosing; I would imagine that the dosing of pro BBs is well in excess of 10iu’s a day, whereas I’d want 4-5. Not keen on injecting though.
    Apparently, it’s proving very tricky to source. Lots of fakes going around…….

I am amazed at the sheer volume of people using steroids, and also what is realistically achievable without them. It’s an eye opener.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Wrecker, his doc is London based and does his client visits in a new Lamborghini. Aparently he cannot supply enough to the rich and famous who see growth hormone as some kind of elixir of youth?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I never cease to be entertained by the irony of having a body the girls love but none of the equipment to keep them happy. Roids are for gimps! HGH fair enough but too expensive for most people and a side affect is hugehhands which is a bit bizzare.

ratherbeintobago

HGH fair enough but too expensive for most people and a side affect is hugehhands which is a bit bizzare

And a big chin. And Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, potentially no driving licence, and no livelihood if you are a professional driver even if treated.

Spin
    Free Member

Realise now that I’m never going to get the body I want

Perhaps you just need to reconcile yourself to that fact?

lunge

I guess one thing worth mentioning is that you can get the body you want (assuming it doesn’t look like the pics posted above) but it will be bloody hard work. I know a fair few people who are seriously “ripped”, not body builder size but the kind of fellas who get some serious admiration at the beach. They don’t hit the ‘roids but they do treat going to the gym as a second job, 5 days per week, long sessions, very little life outside of it. So it is possible, not easy, but possible.

rene59
    Free Member

I have been well informed that the body builder look is outdated, the athletic look is where it is at with the ladies these days.

The ‘you carry it well’ look I am rocking will never be outdated though!

rureadyboots
    Free Member

You have very warped ideas of being what it is to be happy if you think being muscley will make you more of a man. Your feelings of inadequacy is what you need to look at.

wrecker
    Free Member

who see growth hormone as some kind of elixir of youth?

It kind of is, is it not? The body producing less and less growth hormone is the reason we age (or so I understood). HG is taken more for “health” reasons than it is for getting big (steroids are far more effective at putting on muscle and much, much cheaper)

You have very warped ideas of being what it is to be happy if you think being muscley fast on a bicycle will make you more of a man. Your feelings of inadequacy is what you need to look at.

Live and let live dude.

the athletic look is where it is at with the ladies these days.

You’d be amazed at the amount of steroids being taken. Fitness models (mens health covers); steroids. Ultra low BF%; steroids. Hugh jackman/Jason statham physique; steroids.

emsz
    Free Member

when I was seriously into gymnastics I had a 6 pack. Weighed 40 ishkg an eating disorder and no periods to go with them, but a 6 pack. 🙄

don’t think it’s worth it personally.

scaredypants

I used to get my hair cut by a lad who’d been a competitive bodybuilder. Asked him once what sort of side effects he or his mates had had from steroids and he said “the only people stupid enough to do steroids are the bouncers and the lazy bastards who don’t train properly – that stuff’ll **** you up”

I thought, “clever lad”

he followed it up with “I used to use insulin & growth hormone though” – and this is 20+yrs ago 😯

MoreCashThanDash

Spent 20 years around bodybuilding and power sports before getting into cycling again.

I realised that I wouldn’t get the body I wanted without drugs.

A couple of mates tried them. One had internal organ problems, the other got seriously aggressive.

At that point I realised that the problem wasn’t with my body, it was with my mind. Once I’d adjusted what I could realistically achieve with smart training and proper nutritional advice, turned out the body I had was much better than average, but nowhere near Mens Health standard, which was all it was ever designed to achieve.

Spin
    Free Member

The body producing less and less growth hormone is the reason we age (or so I understood)

Taking it might temporarily reverse some of the effects of ageing but declining production is not the reason why we age.

d45yth
    Free Member

I could tell you lots of crazy tales of steroid abuse, from folk taking bull steroids to Thai growth hormone (intended for who knows what), some having to queue with smackheads for needles, and having to have operations to remove gristle between muscles (quite a few of them).

All I will say is I think most of them are idiots. Those on the test look purple, and those on the GH are taking god knows what…it’s £170 a shot (too cheap) and most are going halves once a fortnight.

deviant
    Free Member

Interesting thread for a change.

I have used on and off over the years.

Steroids are not illegal drugs, in many cases the pharmaceutical grade stuff are legitimate meds used for hormone imbalances, male menopause, delayed puberty, hypogonadism, transgender reassignment etc etc

They are all either analogues of testosterone or compounds designed to mimic or improve on testosterone.
    Coming off a cycle can see a period of time from weeks to months until your own endogenous testosterone starts flowing again…this can be sped up via the use of PCT (post cycle therapy) meds designed to get your testes making their own hormones again.
    If the testosterone is low then you can suffer with erectile dysfunction….stuff like small dick, roid rage etc are grossly exagerated by the media, if you’re and aggressive arse then you’ll still be an aggressive arse on steroids….if you’re not then you wont, steroids dont turn you into a psychopath.

Low doses are key, you’ll see loadsof stuff on forums about using 1000mg a week of test…this is nuts, half or even a quarter of this once a week is fine and will not produce any of the other nonsense the media bangs on about like acne, gynocomastia (oestrogen rebound resulting in ‘bitch tits’ as the expression goes).

Cycle length can be as long as you like, once you start injecting exogenous testosterone your own production stops so it doesnt matter if you’re on for 6 weeks or 16 weeks, the damage has been done so to speak and coming off is the same either way.
    If you eat clean, take in some cardio and keep training post cycle then you’ll keep a surprising amount of your gains…another myth is that you lose it when you come off, this is simply due to lazy users who dont enjoy training when they come off and let all their gains go.

Orals can be liver toxic, i have used oral compounds that have turned my pee dark/orange despite taking on 3 litres+ of water a day…not nice and did make me concerned about what was going into my body, i tend to use injectables only now as they are less harsh on the liver and kidneys.
    Needles can be brought on ebay, perfectly legally, there are videos on how to do it right.
    Sources can be found on ‘eroids’ website, like i said earlier they are not illegal drugs they are prescription only meds and being in possession of them is fine…what is illegal is supplying them without a prescription so the sites on the web selling them are breaking the law but you arent breaking the law in buying them….wierd i know, very much a grey area although i believe they have now made it illegal to order from outside the UK so find a UK source on ‘eroids’ which is easy enough.

I will get flamed for this post if not have it deleted but it sounds like you’ve made your mind up, do plenty of reading up, go for the odd blood pressure check with your GP and the general rule among long time users is that time spent on cycle should match time spent off cycle to keep things relatively healthy.

(enjoy, being on cycle is awesome…you’ll feel like a rampant 17 year old again and lift like a hero in the gym, the body transformation is very satisfying)

You could also try peptides instead of steroids, they are legal and things like GHRP-6, GHRP-2 etc etc are cheap and stimulate your body into producing more growth hormone than it would otherwise, easier injection via the sub cutaneous route too.

Drac

Steroids are not illegal drugs, in many cases the pharmaceutical grade stuff are legitimate meds used for hormone imbalances, male menopause, delayed puberty, hypogonadism, transgender reassignment etc etc

You can’t just go and buy them over the counter though.

slowoldman

You are aware, are you, that huge muscles aren’t much use for anything other than looking like huge muscles?

spud-face

Not so! They’re ideal for displaying your ribbon collection..

rene59
    Free Member

If it’s just the look you’re after why not just do away with all the effort and go for some suitable implants?

didgerman
    Free Member

Spend your money on a psychologist and a uksca accredited coach.
    Ignore the sciency sounding guy trying to make it sound reasonable, it’s just a version of reality to justify what he’s done, still a very bad idea.

vickypea
    Free Member

Steroids may be legitimate drugs for certain medical conditions, but that doesn’t mean they’re safe to use for recreational purposes. There’s a reason why you can’t buy them over the counter. I’d steer well clear.

bigyim
    Free Member

Some interesting points. I haven’t tried it and probably never will. If I had a source for hgh and knew it was a good source I probably would.
    It seems there is a lot of myths and bad media About steroids which mainly comes from people abusing a drug which Is already a risk. I’d imagine if you’re getting results it’s addictive to take more and more.
    I don’t have some self esteem issue and feel the need to look like a gorilla like some people suggest.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘steroids’ is closed to new replies.