• This topic has 83 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by richc.
Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • steroids
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I think some of this has been slightly (hugely) exaggerated.

Like their muscles?

bombjack
    Free Member

I’ve had various friends and colleagues who have spent time on ‘roids, and whilst in the most part they treated them respectfully (the majority were also sportsmen looking for speed and strength gains) the one thing you have to understand is that you still have to maintain a highly disciplined training and diet regime to make the most out of the investment. Tbh if I had the time to dedicate to justifying the outlay then I would have been tempted (especially in my mid 20’s before my metabolism slowed down), just to see what the effects would have been. As has already been mentioned, after just 8 months in the gym you shouldn’t be worried about trying out steroids, you’re just starting to see how your body responds to lifting, to start looking at steroids already is kind of short sighted.
    I’d recommend more lifting, more training, more eating, more dieting, and more research before jumping onto the gear. If its for purely aesthetic reasons (as opposed to speed / strength / aggression gains in sport) then the old body builder tricks like fake tan and oiling up are far easier and much more idiot proof then buying steroids off some bloke down the gym.
    If you’re going to continue to ride your bike during this remember that for every pound you gain you’re going to have to haul it up a hill after…

wrecker
    Free Member

Like their muscles?

😀 Undoubtably!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richc
    Free Member

My cousin and his mates take them fairly regularly as they do some competitions and do pretty well.

My observations are, its very very easy to tell when they are on roids; as they have hair trigger anger issues; road rage; fights in pubs ; fights in the gym; fights in supermarkets (they all have convictions for assault and/or GBH) and they have to take a *lot* of walks when working (they are builders) as if something doesn’t work they explode. That combined with they want to shag *everything* and they get horrendous acne. They have also all mentioned the small dick thing, but apparently it ‘still works’ so they don’t worry as if someone takes the piss it doesn’t pan out for the pisstaker. In their words its like been 18 again… just an 18 year old thats built like a brick shit house with **** all body fat

When they are off them they are all pretty passive and decent blokes; it’s real Jekyll and Hyde stuff.

Basically, if I meet them and they are training (which is rare as they live in the gym) I just say Hi and walk way from the car crash before it happens.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘steroids’ is closed to new replies.