• This topic has 108 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by wbo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Stephen Yaxley Lennon
  • PrinceJohn

A little bit of news about him having to pay £100,000 of damages to a schoolboy has really made my day today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57930901

Not sure why the BBC are calling him an activist tho?

ernielynch

Yup, made my day too.

I found this particularly amusing : “Yaxley Lennon, who represented himself during the trial…”

trailwagger
    Free Member

Or why they insist on using his alias and not his real name.

dannyh
    Free Member

Because the BBC isn’t allowed to use the c-bomb?

binners

Fantastic news

I’m sure that Twitter is presently in meltdown about the poor little lamb being persecuted because of his beliefs.

He’s like a political prisoner. Like a white Mandella 🤣

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

No legal impediment to anybody simply deciding they wish to be known by another name.

trailwagger
    Free Member

No legal impediment to anybody simply deciding they wish to be known by another name.

thats his wish. I think a news report should refer to him by his real name, and reference his alias.

Stephen Yaxley Lennon (AKA Tommy Robinson)

footflaps

Very odd defending himself, unless losing was part of a deliberate strategy to portray himself as a victim. I imagine, like Hopkins, he has rich US right wing backers funding his activities.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Also barring the people who take glee in it (reputedly) winding him up, I think most people probably have no clue who SYL is but are well aware of who Tommy Robinson is.

Cougar

thats his wish. I think a news report should refer to him by his real name, and reference his alias.

Has he legally changed his name? If so then there’s no reason to mention his old one at all. Other than to irritate him, which I can get behind.

A more pressing question might be, why isn’t hate-filled little **** in jail yet?

Cougar

I imagine, like Hopkins, he has rich US right wing backers funding his activities.

He almost certainly won’t pay a penny of that himself.

ElShalimo

Maybe YSL sent the heavies around to inform SYL he can’t use their initials ?

bridges
    Free Member

I was at the High Courts a couple of months ago, regarding another entirely separate case. SYL was in that day, and several of his supporters were outside; well, they were mostly ensconced in the pubs opposite, and would periodically wander over to see what was going on, then wander back when they didn’t really understand any of it. Their numbers dwindled as they were turned away by court staff, for being drunk. I felt sorry for them; lumpen, uneducated, poorly nourished and frightened, really. I’m so thankful I don’t have to go through life feeling such fear and inadequacy. The answer really isn’t in ridiculing and despising these people; that’s what makes them the way they are. Rejected and alienated. They need nurturing, nourishing and educating. But the very system that puts them where they are, they seem to think is great. It’s so very sad. 🙁

dannyh
    Free Member

They need nurturing, nourishing and educating.

Or dropping down a deep hole.

Just for ‘balance’*, you understand.

*Seeing as how ‘balance’ is the bullshit reason extremists get a hearing on The Beeb.

ElShalimo

…but we can still ridicule and despise SYL. Despite the advantages of his upbringing, he’s a racist thug, pure and simple

creakingdoor
    Free Member

I’m just going to park this here. That there is prime EDL!

Well done SYL, you must be sooooo proud of your supporters!
    (in fairness, I doubt he’s on STW)

scotroutes

Is dead naming ok on STW now?

trailwagger
    Free Member

Is dead naming ok on STW now?

When did they change gender?

rossburton
    Free Member

Wikipedia at least (yes, I know) states that Tommy Robinson is a pseudonym and nothing more. So calling him that because it’s his name is fine.

rossburton
    Free Member

And the case is “Jamal Hijazi -v- Stephen Yaxley-Lennon”, so that’s clearly his legal name.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Hijazi-v-Yaxley-Lennon-summary-220721.pdf

(please let us not get lost in the weeds of what a legal name ‘is’)

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Here goes and I’m sure I’ll be slated with sausages and bomber forks 😂

He’s a complete and utter see you next Tuesday, but what if and it’s a massive what if he’s telling the truth 😵 what if the victim (the school boy) was actually beating up girls etc – it’s perfectly feasible that this could be true…
    …is TOmmy the **** guilty by association of being himself ?!

Anything is possible these days !

ernielynch

To be fair that BBC article is most I have ever seen **** face’s real name being used.

After the headline and the first sentence, presumably to ensure that everyone is aware who the article is about, they use his poncey posh double-barrelled name.

* apologies to anyone with a poncey posh double-barrelled name

footflaps

That there is prime EDL!

We used to have mines we could send them down!

What’s more scary is he has the right to vote and procreate….

MoreCashThanDash

As described on BBC TV news just now.

I think Bridges makes a fair point about some of his supporters, these types appeal to those who feel everyone else has failed them.

Pretty sure that it has been legally established he isn’t the victim in this case.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I think he had a lawyer in this case before. Two main reasons for this sort of thing happening are run out of money or wanting to conduct the defence in a way that the lawyer’s professional rules prevent them being part of. Quite possibly both might apply to SY-L.

From the BBC

The judge said Mr Yaxley-Lennon’s defence that the “very serious” allegations were substantially true had not been proved, and he had used language “calculated to inflame the situation”.

So he ran the defence of truth but couldn’t prove it. Possibly that last bit (about the language) was there because he also ran an “honest comment” defence (which also failed).

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I stumbled accross him in 2017 in Didsbury, as he was on his mission to film the mosques around South Manchester. My curiousity got the better of me and thought the only way to approach the situation was to shout ‘tommeehhhhh’ and his little eyes lit up he’d been recognised.

After a short while he rumbled me for what i was, an imposter trying to take the P out of him nicely (probably because I wasn’t wearing Stone Island or CP Co clothing) and he switched off and walked off. He’s a monumental narcissist and hopefully he’ll be cancelled for the tenth time and stay cancelled.

Notwithstanding the above, I’m also gobsmacked a four day case can run up a £600,000k legal bill, it’s just further proof that civil justice really is attainable with plenty of wedge and defamation is an absolute money spinner for the legal system.

frankconway

geordiemick – £600k is costs plus damages with costs at £500k; I agree with your general sentiment but this is one case where I really wish the costs clock was running at double speed.
    Let’s hope the court examination of his means and assets discloses – and publishes – all of his funding sources.
    I have no doubt that yaxley-lennon ridicules and despises his ‘supporters’ in private.
    He really is the lowest of the low.

Drac

what if and it’s a massive what if he’s telling the truth

Well if there has actually been evidence from day one instead of lies he would have had a point. But being a massive lying racist, fraudster, wife beater and general tosser it was unlikely to be true.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

We used to have mines we could send them down!

Not meant if this was meant in jest, but as the son of a miner and from a Northumbrian mining town I fail to see any comparison.

slowoldman

what if and it’s a massive what if he’s telling the truth

Well since he lost the libel case against him he presumably couldn’t show he was telling the truth.

Not meant if this was meant in jest, but as the son of a miner and from a Northumbrian mining town I fail to see any comparison.

Indeed my Dad was a miner but not a violent, racist dickhead.

footflaps

I guess my point was if he’d been sent down the mine and had a job he’s wouldn’t end up unemployed and radicalised by SYL etc, rather than all miners are racists etc.

He’s pretty much unemployable in the modern world, so ideal fodder etc.

And to be fair to the racist dickhead in that video, he didn’t seem particularly violent, just sartorially challenged and thick as shit.

ernielynch

Well since he lost the libel case against him he presumably couldn’t show he was telling the truth.

It wasn’t simply that he wasn’t telling the truth, according to the judge he had used language “calculated to inflame the situation”.

That’s what he does, he tells lies to sow discord, division, and conflict, motivated by hatred.

grum
    Free Member

The issue about his adopted name is that he’s clearly picked a name as a marketing strategy to sound less posh to fit his ‘man of the people’ public persona. It’s a cynical ploy which should be pointed out at every opportunity.

I wonder also whether some might think his birth name sounds ‘forrin’/jewish or something and that might not go down to well with his pals.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

theotherjonv

He’s a complete and utter see you next Tuesday, but what if and it’s a massive what if he’s telling the truth 😵 what if the victim (the school boy) was actually beating up girls etc – it’s perfectly feasible that this could be true

Then you provide the evidence to the police and they / the CPS investigate and take the decision to prosecute.

You don’t post up the allegations in Facebook videos with inflammatory language that result in the guy and his family facing death threats from EDL racists that force them to abandon their family home.

Whether the allegations are true or even have any founding, this is not how civilised people behave.

Drac

Thankfully it’s a one off and the guy has no previous history of this, so he’s unlikely to do it again.

alanl
    Free Member

He was declared bankrupt in March, so he couldnt afford any paid for Legal representation.
    If he has got any money hidden away, he couldnt use it to pay a Lawyer, as he is a Bankrupt.
    The full case details are in the link below. It is long. The Claimant doesnt seem quite as clean as he makes out, he is the victim in the first bit, even the Mail Online supported him, then things changed a bit, then it goes back again. You need to read it to see what has been told to the Court.
    Court papers

MSP

I don’t think he is as useful a “player” in the populist misinformation game as he was a couple of years ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if his financial backers have moved onto other projects. This may actually hurt him (financially), he may at least have to try and raise the cash from his followers rather than backers with deep pockets.

Cougar

The issue about his adopted name is that he’s clearly picked a name as a marketing strategy to sound less posh to fit his ‘man of the people’ public persona. It’s a cynical ploy which should be pointed out at every opportunity.

Alternatively, it’s a nifty bit of misdirection to give people who think they’re clever something to talk about rather than having them spending too much time scrutinising what he’s actually saying and doing. On a very long list of reasons why he’s a prize ****, what he claims to call himself is small potatoes.

If it were merely a marketing strategy he’d have changed his name.

Drac

If it were merely a marketing strategy he’d have changed his name.

He’s had a few other names.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Stephen Yaxley Lennon’ is closed to new replies.