• This topic has 108 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by wbo.
Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Stephen Yaxley Lennon
  • bridges
    Free Member

£500k in legal fees will be chicken feed to them

Of course. But they’re not going to break cover over him, because paying such an amount on his behalf would attract a lot of attention. They’re content to stay in the shadows. Grooming and promoting the next recruit is far easier and less risky. Just keep an eye out for Tommeh 2.0…

ernielynch

Using the Eastern Bloc as an example, when taken to the extreme nationalisation and a “jobs for all” agenda can create poor efficiency, productivity and services.

Yeah it’s not about the Eastern Bloc, and mass unemployment is not a good substitute for “jobs for all”.

Thatcherite Tories will simultaneously claim that no one should should be on the dole and that no one has the right to a job.

The campaign against pit closures was actually about the right to work. There is no society on Earth where everything that needs to be done has been done and any unemployment is simply due to surplus requirement.

Millions of people idle due to unemployment does not represent efficiency. Which explains why the tax burden went through the roof under Thatcher.

But the greatest cost was the social cost. It lay the basis for ever growing social inequality and all the problems it invariably brings such as rising crime and violence.

It shouldn’t be forgotten that whilst the northern working-class in industrial towns were being thrown out of work and denounced as “the enemy within” by Thatcher, self-serving ‘yuppies’ in the metropolises were filling their boots with new found wealth because apparently they were worth it.

Nothing epitomised more Thatcher’s contempt for social justice than the poll tax. It brought about her demise but the damage her premiership left on the fabric of society is still visible today.

Mind you none of that explains why Yaxley-Lennon is a ****. You can’t blame Thatcher for that.

thepodge
    Free Member

He’s such a stickler for international immigration law I can’t see him trying to get into Spain… Unless he’s kept his false passport connections.

bridges
    Free Member

You sure about that?

We know he’s had prominent backers in the past. But that was a while ago, when things were quite different; Trump was in the White House. Times have changed though, and the prospect that they’d now just be throwing good money after bad, won’t be as enticing. If they’d wanted to support him, they could have helped provide a decent legal team for him. He’s too well known now, has had successive ‘failures’, and doesn’t really have much more to offer. He’s going to be far more constrained, legally, as he’s now had several convictions, so further offences will now carry longer sentences. He can’t do much for your brand if he’s in jail. I could be wrong, but like I said; there are plenty of willing candidates who might seem less toxic, and that’s where the smarter money will go.

monkeyboyjc

like Hopkins, he has rich US right wing backers funding his activities.

Apparently the vast majority of his funding for overseas has dumped him when he lost his Twitter/Facebook feeds.

tjagain

Millions of people idle due to unemployment does not represent efficiency. Which explains why the tax burden went through the roof under Thatcher.

Yup – spent all the north sea oil money on unemplyment benefits – and imported dirty subsidised coal from Poloand

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yup – spent all the north sea oil money on unemplyment benefits – and imported dirty subsidised coal from Poland

I was about to add an indignant “now hang on a minute!” until I saw the poster and understand the context – sorry TJ!

mildred

Mind you none of that explains why Yaxley-Lennon is a ****. You can’t blame Thatcher for that.

😂

TiRed

Y-L is clearly no fool. You don’t get a comment like the below from the judge if you are:

At the end of the trial, I acknowledged that the Defendant, with the assistance of Mr Lockwood, had conducted himself properly throughout the trial. He complied with all the Court’s directions and there were only a couple of instances when I had to intervene in respect of some of the questions asked of witnesses.

The court papers are interesting and worth a read. Para 110-115 and then 145. Clearly the EDL were in this and motivated to use children for their own devices. That has backfired, because guess what? Children make unreliable witnesses, especially in documented settings such as schools and with regards to medical records.

Personally I hope he rots in what would have been a debtors prison.

martinhutch

Apparently the vast majority of his funding for overseas has dumped him when he lost his Twitter/Facebook feeds.

It’s actually nice to see that cancel culture has some tangible benefits.

dyna-ti

Has he legally changed his name?

I don’t think ‘Tosspot extraordinaire’ is allowed 😆

bruneep
    thepodge
    Free Member

I would imagine he passed everything to his wife and then agreed a divorce to further distance himself from having to pay for anything. Risky move if she just decides to walk but I know nothing of her so she could be equally horrid and be happy to go along with it.

ernielynch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-60052754

“We need to demonstrate to him and others there are consequences for doing this. You cannot get away with making people’s lives a misery, creating lies, dividing communities, whipping up hatred, inspiring others to do attacks and not be held accountable for your actions, and I think for us this is a way to hold him to account.”

Quite. Let’s hope they are successful in recovering all their money before the March deadline.

MoreCashThanDash

Risky move if she just decides to walk

Given his record for domestic violence, very risky

pictonroad

Contributed and subscribed.

Exactly the sort of organisation I’ve been looking to support. Brilliant stuff, thank you for the link.

fasthaggis

Aye,with them and people like the Good Law Project ,it feels like a way to make a small difference.

augustuswindsock

Frank Sinatra, good shout – donated!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

the Good Law Project ,it feels like a way to make a small difference.

Jolyon is losing more cases than he is winning, it does sometimes look like a way of finding chargeable hours for himself and others. Did he pay up when he lost the bet with Gove (£100 for the RSPCA)

CountZero

As he’s already bankrupt he can’t be more bankrupt

Well, there’s morally, intellectually, emotionally, ethically…

bruneep
    bennyboy1
    Free Member

SYL had enough ££££££££££ to launch a new ‘documentary’ last weekend.

Tommy in Telford: Stephen Yaxley-Lennon returns to the streets

footflaps

SYL had enough ££££££££££ to launch a new ‘documentary’ last weekend

Probably paid for my American right wing backers – money doesn’t have to pass through his hands.

ernielynch

“Why else would you visit Russia?” said Andrew Edge, a former senior figure in the English Defence League and another far-right group, Britain First, who said that he discussed moving money to Russian banks with Mr. Robinson and Britain First’s leader, Paul Golding.

It would appear that it might not be just the UK courts who can’t access Yaxley Lennon’s savings now.

He must be devastated.

Edit : Sorry I can’t get the link to the NY Times article to work, only the pic comes up.

nbt

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/world/europe/uk-far-right-tommy-robinson-russia.html?ref=oembed

linkie – though it’s behind a paywall so you can’t read anyway

martinhutch

It would appear that it might not be just the UK courts who can’t access Yaxley Lennon’s savings now.

Oh, that’s delicious.

wbo
    Free Member

Ha ha ha – that is wonderfully ironic.

Re. Thatcher, worth remembering the situation when she came to power. It wasn’t that long after the IMF had to help the UK out, the winter of discontent, 3 day weeks and power cuts were fresh in peoples minds, and folk were pretty tired of the Miners Union, British Leyland etc. Yuppies et al came to prominence in the early, mid 80’s.
    All those things that should have been done, I don’t think the UK had the money, and with inflation above 10% , borrowing really wasn’t an option (and back to the IMF bailout again).

But I don’t want to want to derail the thread from being about a genuinely obnoxious person who hopefully is having an unpleasant time

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Stephen Yaxley Lennon’ is closed to new replies.