• This topic has 108 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by wbo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Stephen Yaxley Lennon
  • ernielynch

He was declared bankrupt in March, so he couldnt afford any paid for Legal representation.

So he didn’t qualify for legal aid? Excellent.

Hearing about Yaxley’s self-inflicted misery has certainly cheered me up today.

andyrm
    Free Member

The issue about his adopted name is that he’s clearly picked a name as a marketing strategy to sound less posh to fit his ‘man of the people’ public persona. It’s a cynical ploy which should be pointed out at every opportunity.

I wonder also whether some might think his birth name sounds ‘forrin’/jewish or something and that might not go down to well with his pals.

I grew up in Luton around the era of the MIGS (in fact an old school friend is inside the front cover of MiG Down by the real Tommy Robinson – it was only getting into mountain biking that probably stopped me sliding down that slippery slope). Yaxley Lennon deliberately and cynically took on the name of a notorious football firm leader as misdirection when he was starting his “activities” so that a: he could hopefully identify with his target audience and b: the real Tommy Robinson would be blamed by the police if anything kicked off in the early days.

He’s a nasty **** who is incredibly mercenary – the name change is the tip of the iceberg, so “dead naming” or not, I think it’s great that a division is made between SYL and his namesake.

frankconway

Will the court ordered investigation into his ‘wealth and means’ consider using an unexplained wealth order?
    Recent use has been against russian mrs oligarch living waaay beyond her stated means; she lost.
    When he sinks like a lead weighted turd someone else will take his place to lead the hard of thinking, dim, racist bigots.

wheelsonfire1

“I guess my point was if he’d been sent down the mine and had a job he’s wouldn’t end up unemployed and radicalised by SYL etc, rather than all miners are racists etc.”
    Sorry, don’t know how to put it in a box, if anyone can enlighten me then direct message!
    People were sent down mines in the very early days, men, women, children and horses and basically belonged to the companies/landowners. It later became the only work in some areas, what your father did and an honourable, dangerous job with superb teamwork. Then what happened? Thatcher. The rug pulled from under whole communities with no alternatives put in place.
    A breeding ground for rogues such as SYL.

ernielynch

There were never a coal mines in Luton where Yaxley comes from. He lost his skilled job because he was found guilty of being a violent thug. Something which has become a reoccurring theme throughout his life.

He did stand for election in the North West England EU constituency in 2019 though, which I believe includes some former mining communities.

However the voters in NW England were so unimpressed by Yaxley that, despite the huge media publicity which he invariably receives, he only managed to get 2% of the vote, lost his deposit, and generally embarrassed himself as he so often does.

seosamh77
    Free Member

ElShalimo
    …but we can still ridicule and despise SYL. Despite the advantages of his upbringing, he’s a racist thug, pure and simple

Well, not really, his main purpose is to get a rise out of lefties. He does it quite successfully. A tiny pawn in larger strategies I’d say.

Cougar

I thought the mines comment was a precursor to dropping in a stick of dynamite after him.

He’s had a few other names.

Created by himself or granted him by others?

ernielynch

…..his main purpose is to get a rise out of lefties. He does it quite successfully.

Yeah I bet he was pissing himself when the judge told him to pay £100,000 to a Muslim boy, plus half million in legal costs. I can’t imagine why he said afterwards that he was “gobsmacked”.

And he definitely got one over the lefties when he managed to get 2% of the vote in 2019.

And going to prison for contempt of court.

How does he do it?

Drac

Created by himself or granted him by others?

Well all but his birth name were created by himself, his parents granted him Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

MoreCashThanDash

Then what happened? Thatcher. The rug pulled from under whole communities with no alternatives put in place.
    A breeding ground for rogues such as SYL

Leaving aside the “no mines in Luton” aspect*, worth remembering that historically the number of mine closures by Labour and Tory governments was pretty much neck and neck, though Thatcher was probably more political about it, certainly.

*Actually, I take that back. The East Midlands as a former mining/industrial area hosted the old BNP Red White and Blue festival, and was the first to vote in a “Brexit” party MEP.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I wonder if this will be a brilliant marketing campaign for him? The injustice, donate now! Buy t-shirts but tickets to hear him speak etc. Bit like some blond guy from the USA

kilo

Will the court ordered investigation into his ‘wealth and means’ consider using an unexplained wealth order?

No because, afaik, there’s no link to the commission of a serious crime by syl (nor has there been mention of a particular property he has an interest in, be that a house or a pile of money, which was obtained by illicit wealth)

dannyh
    Free Member

those who feel everyone else has failed them

They need to look in a mirror for the main culprits.

The UK education system is not brilliant but it is certainly better than the majority of the world. With a bit of application most folk could get decent grades and move ‘up’ in the world enough.

Spend all your time mucking around, playing the hard man and trying to disrupt others’ education and you stand a higher chance of being one of these thuggish nobheads.

tjagain

Danny – but why do they behave like that? What is in their background? child abuse, poverty, absent parents, drug abuse? alcohol abuse?

That guy in the muslamic ray guns clip looks like Fetal alcohol suyndrome

wbo
    Free Member

what if and it’s a massive what if he’s telling the truth

Well he lost the libel case as he was proven to be lying according to a court. So why do you think he might be telling the truth?

No smoke without fire eh 😉 ?

Anything is possible these days – what does that mean? Are you worried about a snowflake leftie bias in the court system against poor little Tommy?

tomd
    Free Member

Well he lost the libel case as he was proven to be lying

Is it not the other way round in the English system? i.e. he couldn’t prove what he was saying was completely true which then gives some room for him and his supports to claim that there was truth in it but the biased courts ruled against our Tommeh.

Also the size of the award and costs has won him support with the loons – folk saying that well he might have been wrong but it’s only that much because it’s one of “them”. Folk actually think this young man is going to get a cheque for £600k from him!

I can’t help but feel that all the publicity isn’t unwanted by him. As he’s already bankrupt he can’t be more bankrupt and he might be able to extract more “support” from his backers.

Daily Mash on the ball today https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/your-legal-questions-answered-by-tommy-robinson-20210723210439

MoreCashThanDash

Danny – but why do they behave like that? What is in their background? child abuse, poverty, absent parents, drug abuse? alcohol abuse?

That’s the key – Danny is right, opportunities are there through education, even if realistically they aren’t as fair and equal as they should be, but lack of role models, generational issues are a big barrier.

Living now in a former mining/industrial area I do see a difference in those still fighting the battles of the 1970s and 80s and expecting someone to come and sort out their problems, and those who have swallowed their pride and try and make the best of the opportunities that are around. Its a balance the country as a whole needs to resolve.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

@tomd

It occurs to me that this result might even have been played for.

Perhaps why he represented himself from a certain point on.

If he is already ‘bankrupt’ then will he ever pay any of this?

nickc

What is in their background? child abuse, poverty, absent parents, drug abuse? alcohol abuse?

All of the above, and as children they deserve sympathy and help. As adults they get to make their own choices. It’s really not hard at all to work out if you’re a goodie or a baddie, it really isn’t. Even for these stupid ****. Thnakfully most of them finally work it out, That’s why folk like SYL have to spend half their time recruiting

tomd
    Free Member

100%. You couldn’t buy the amount of prime time coverage he’s got for £600k, which he needs as he’s off the main media channels now. His base are not going to think he’s now a terrible chap as a result of this. All they see is more Tommy, Syrian’s getting £££ on top of their free government issued 3 bed houses and 56″ TVs, more coverage of the original “allegations” which reinforces their views on refugees.

footflaps

Without doubt, he’s played the ‘only honest journalist, just telling the uncomfortable truth no one wants to hear’ card for years. The right wing nut jobs in the states love his tales of ‘no go areas’ in London thanks to ‘muslamistan’ etc and fund him very generously for championing their cause.

thepodge
    Free Member

A friend of mine works in a school in a very deprived, culturally mixed area and says while there are loads of very bright kids there’s very little aspiration. Their mentality is that if it’s ok for their parents then it’s ok for them. I’ve no idea how this transfers over to deprived white areas and how it becomes a big pile of resentment and hatred.

If this nobhead is bankrupt then who actually pays the damages and fees? Lots of angry people laughing as they think Tommeh is supposed to pop round with a fat was of cash and that’s not going to happen so it’s a victory for him.

nickc

and fund him very generously for championing their cause.

Yeah I think he gets kept in cocaine with funding streams that ultimately end up at the doors of folk like Mercer and Koch (and even Bannon) the fine isn’t going to trouble him overmuch I’d imagine.

ernielynch

worth remembering that historically the number of mine closures by Labour and Tory governments was pretty much neck and neck, though Thatcher was probably more political about it, certainly.

It is also worth remembering that the argument was never about mine closures per say but the devastating effect of closures on individuals, families, and their communities. Hence the slogan ‘coal not dole’

The overwhelming pit closures which occurred before Thatcher occurred during periods of reconstruction, full employment, relative economic stability, and growing standards of living.

Thatcher pursued her policy of pit closures during a period when her economic policies were literally creating millions of unemployed with complete and total disregard for the devastating effect on individuals, families, and their communities.

And the effect of her premiership was devastating, creating a massive increase in criminality, violence, and social injustice.

Klunk
    Free Member

coincidentally in todays grauniad cryptic crossword

Ultimately distant, newborn chick – mine closer? (8)

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

surprisingly uncryptic clue for a cryptic there

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

@ernielynch

just trying to square the circle

Thatcher pursued her policy of pit closures during a period when her economic policies were literally creating millions of unemployed

From labourlist article :

Nationally, nearly 200,000 mining jobs were lost due to pit closures from the mid-eighties

where did the other job losses come from?

bridges
    Free Member

The UK education system is not brilliant but it is certainly better than the majority of the world. With a bit of application most folk could get decent grades and move ‘up’ in the world enough.

This is a fallacy borne of colonial arrogance, and the misguided belief the Britain is Best. Fact is, that the UK education system is in rapid decline, and markers such as literacy levels, place the UK way down the list of ‘developed’ countries. Beyond school education, it is increasingly more difficult to gain access to higher education, as costs rise, and training. What skews many studies of educational performance, is the fact that the UK sells many thousands of university places to overseas students (those who can afford to pay). This then shows up as the UK being a very attractive place to study (for those who can afford to pay). Social mobility is increasingly more difficult in the UK, as a result of deepening socioeconomic division, and our ridiculous and archaic class system. Given the wealth in the UK, the fact that it’s in the top 10 nations in terms of GDP etc, then surely our education system should also rank so highly. But it doesn’t, and it fails particularly those from the most deprived backgrounds. And so, the resentment and xenophobia creeps in.

100%. You couldn’t buy the amount of prime time coverage he’s got for £600k, which he needs as he’s off the main media channels now. His base are not going to think he’s now a terrible chap as a result of this. All they see is more Tommy, Syrian’s getting £££ on top of their free government issued 3 bed houses and 56″ TVs, more coverage of the original “allegations” which reinforces their views on refugees.

I think even his most ardent supporters are starting to see him as a loser now, because he keeps losing. £600k is a massive blow; he now won’t be able to make any significant money without falling foul of the law requiring him to pay his debts, and will probably have to lay low for a few years at least. Those who were funding him, will now see him as a liability, and not want to waste any more of their investment in him. He’s a spent force. There were a couple of dozen of his supporters/mates at the court, tops. A few years ago, there might have been hundreds, even thousands.

Well, not really, his main purpose is to get a rise out of lefties. He does it quite successfully. A tiny pawn in larger strategies I’d say.

This was the job he was ’employed’ to do. He’s exhausted his usefulness, those financing his exploits will now simply move on to another suitable vehicle. There are plenty of wannabes jostling for position; egotistical little bully boys who fancy a bit of the Tommeh fame. The far right will probably pick someone a little more subtle than Tommeh, to carry on his work. Tommeh was the perfect foil to Farage; in both, all bases were covered, from ‘respectable’, besuited ruling class toff, and ‘ordinary working class bloke’. But I suspect there will be a few more niches need filling, before the far right are done. This is what we must all be vigilant against. Because it’s not just some angry deluded thug from Luton, far greater forces are at work here.

dannyh
    Free Member
    dannyh
    Free Member

Marin
    Free Member

He was being backed by the American alt right but don’t know if he still is. Let’s all hope he dies in a hideous way today for a good start to the weekend.

anagallis_arvensis

But it doesn’t, and it fails particularly those from the most deprived backgrounds.

I agree with your post whole heartedly, but this comment hides a lot of detail, black afro Carribbean kids do badly especially from deprived backgrounds and white kids do even worse, many Asian groups do better, Chinese origins even better. Even within Asian, Bangladeshi and Indian do better than Pakistani. It’s a lot to ponder and whilst Education in the UK could be massively improved a lot of these difference come from outside school influences. Of course if schools were better we’d deal with it better.

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/education-skills-and-training/11-to-16-years-old/gcse-results-attainment-8-for-children-aged-14-to-16-key-stage-4/latest

bridges
    Free Member

this comment hides a lot of detail, black afro Carribbean kids do badly especially from deprived backgrounds and white kids do even worse, many Asian groups do better, Chinese origins even better. Even within Asian, Bangladeshi and Indian do better than Pakistani. It’s a lot to ponder and whilst Education in the UK could be massively improved a lot of these difference come from outside school influences.

To a significant extent, culture and history play a large part in all this. For white working class people, there is the cultural ‘norm’ of the class system, which keeps people compartmentalised; upper classes rule, middle classes go to university and are doctors, teachers, lawyers etc, and working class people ‘don’t do all that university stuff’, concentrate instead on ‘trades’. For many people of West Indian origin, the legacy of slavery has a similarly constricting effect, of engendering a sense of ‘subservience’ in people, thus affecting their confidence to go out and do ‘better’ for themselves. Colonialism still affects many with African heritage, in a similar way. Far Eastern cultures aren’t as affected by such historical legacy though, and there does seem to be a very different view towards education and social progress. With South East Asian cultures there are significant differences of course between Hindus and Muslims, for example, and within Hinduism, there are significant social divisions. Islam doesn’t come with the yolk of ‘caste’, like Hinduism; those form Indian Hindu backgrounds, are much more likely to come form the higher ‘castes’, which value education highly. Knowledge and learning have always been key within Islam (don’t tell Tommeh).I would question different educational attainment levels between Bangladeshi and Pakistani though, what you claim is not my own experience at least. But this is generalising on an extreme level though, and it’s obviously far, far more complex than can be explained in just a few sentences.

Bottom line is that certain groups have been bred to believe in certain power structures, and it’s those that fall through the ‘cracks’, who are excluded and ignored by those structures, those to whom the ‘normal rule’s cannot be applied, who seem to thrive more readily. Many white working class men are conditioned to believe they are the hard grafters, the builders and defenders of our realm. a myth that is constantly pedalled, in order to maintain a subservient ‘cannon fodder’ class. The problem is, that such people keep falling for this, and keep voting for those who really cause their woes. A sort of ‘Stockholm Syndrome’ on a wide scale.

mildred

where did the other job losses come from?

Potentially from de-nationalisation of utilities & transport.

By the time Margaret Thatcher was ousted from office in 1990, more than 40 UK state-owned businesses employing 600,000 workers had been privatised. “Over GBP60 billion of state assets were sold, and the share of employment accounted for by nationalised industries fell from 9% to under 2%.”

(https://www.centreforpublicimpact.org/case-study/privatisation-uk-companies-1970s)

But for balance nationalisation was perhaps originally used in post war Labour Britain to provide employment, so the job losses were possibly an inevitability??? Using the Eastern Bloc as an example, when taken to the extreme nationalisation and a “jobs for all” agenda can create poor efficiency, productivity and services.

So I think focussing on pit closures is slightly misleading and perhaps unhelpful. It was just a small part of the whole political shebang in Post War Britain. It also ignores Thatchers motives and her dislike of the Trade Union Movement.

anagallis_arvensis

I would question different educational attainment levels between Bangladeshi and Pakistani though, what you claim is not my own experience at least.

It’s in the data I linked to.

Cougar

I think even his most ardent supporters are starting to see him as a loser now, because he keeps losing.

Are they though?

Is he a loser, or a martyr? We’ve seen on this very thread, people commenting that his fans think he’s just been made to hand over six hundred grand to a young brown boy. They aren’t the sharpest tools, all he has to to is play the sympathy card, portray himself as the victim in this story and it’ll be FREE ARE TOMMY! all over again.

What’s the saying, “there’s no such thing as bad publicity”? His big mates will pay off the fine, he’ll have his face all over the newspapers again and he’ll be laughing all the way to Wetherspoons.

bridges
    Free Member

Is he a loser, or a martyr?

A loser. His support has declined dramatically; as I said earlier, a couple of years ago, and he would have had hundred if not more, supporters outside the courts. This time, he could only muster a couple of dozen at best. The infighting that is constant amongst the far-right, means that there will be several jostling to be his ‘successor’. Like an ageing boxer, this last defeat means his career will struggle to get back to anywhere near where it was. And the financial liabilities mean he is now a bad ‘investment’. £600,000. Not relative peanuts, like previously.

What’s the saying, “there’s no such thing as bad publicity”? His big mates will pay off the fine, he’ll have his face all over the newspapers again and he’ll be laughing all the way to Wetherspoons.

Paul Golding was his predecessor. Even less educated, and noticeably less intelligent. Golding was finished some years ago. Still pops up from time to time, but his time in the sun is well past. The thing with those on the far-right, is that given enough rope, they will hang themselves. I think that’s what’s happened to Tommeh; he got arrogant and cocky, buoyed by his own ‘success’, and then went too far. He didn’t count on such a ‘weak’ target actually being able to fight back. Bit off more than he could chew, and it’s **** him. He’s damaged goods now anyway, as far as any wealthy backers will be concerned. Hopefully, this will be the last of him, barring any likely further imprisonment for being a ****. The real concern is that this may anger him to the point of desperation, and as he’s been radicalised to such an extreme level, he could do something mad, to finally secure that ‘martyrdom’ he so desperately craves. Would be ironic.

bridges
    Free Member

It’s in the data I linked to.

Interesting. I wonder if it’s got anything to do with which areas particular communities are concentrated in. Many people of Bangladeshi origin live in London, whereas you’ll find predominantly Pakistani communities in other cities, such as Bradford, Leeds etc. Maybe that has some bearing on attainment levels. I must admit I’m a bit out of date with the actual figures these days, so thanks for the link.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yaxley-Lennon’s favourite way of dealing with criticism and scrutiny is go around accusing people of being pederasts “I only wanna talk”

There are innumerable victims, in fact we’re seeing this sort of thing happening across the far right spectrum, former UKIP activist and failed Conservative candidate Jay Beecher tweeted baseless allegations of the same sort of thing about Peter Jukes (exec editor of the Byline Times) – the idea is that it’s a dog whistle and is used to intimidate critics. Remember that there’s a large group of people who can’t differentiate between a paedophile and a paediatrician who are easily kept in a state of indignation.

Unfortunately, Yaxley-Lennon has support from the US far right and certain elements in the Russian establishment. £500k in legal fees will be chicken feed to them until Yaxley-Lennon’s brand becomes toxic to the point that he alienates his “working class” (thick, uneducated racist) core support here when he’ll have his revenue stream quietly staunched when there will be another gobby, racist populist wannabe with some sort of pitiful USP waiting in the wings to take his place.

zippykona

Is he going to **** off back to Spain or will his criminal record stop that now weev got sovrenty?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Stephen Yaxley Lennon’ is closed to new replies.