Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Steerertube length on slacksets…will it fit?
  • eulach

I have a 110mm steerertube, will a SS 100mm slackset work. It can’t be so different-just the machining must be at a slightly different angle. Theres no 100mm tube involved that’ll be 10mm short.
    Actually, thinking about it, if I had a 140mm steerer tube and ordered a 100mm 2 degree slackset, would it work but bring about a slightly more than 2 degree alteration?

Kamakazie

Both Works and Superstar headsets have a 10mm range so check that but it’s probably ok.

With larger differences I’d expect the bearings would have uneven loading as on the works ones at least they are angled in the bottom cup and the angle should change with head tube length.

Edit:
    To clarify, the angle of the forks would change if using the same top cup on shorter / longer than specified head tubes.

chiefgrooveguru

It isn’t the angle that changes, it’s the offset of the external cup – so with a Works one it’s usually the top cup that is offset and the offset distance increases with head tube length.

Kamakazie

Edit too slow 😳

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Steerertube length on slacksets…will it fit?’ is closed to new replies.