Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Steerer Damage – Use or bin?
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

A familiar story and only myself to blame. Bike ridden with loose headset resulting in above damage on a pair or Rebas.

What’s the STW verdict…ok to use or not?

Cheers in advance
    PL

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Cut it down and sell it and get a new pair. Someone will want a short steered fork, somewhere……

DT78
    Free Member

Imagine if, on that lovely swoopy downhill you are speeding down, all of a sudden your handlebars are no longer attached to the rest of your bike.

Luckily when it happened to me I flew over the sharp shard of the steerer fast enough it didn’t gouge my stomach or face…

I would not recommend it.

chakaping
    Free Member

If that’s as deep as it looks like it might be, I wouldn’t be risking it.

And I’m quite relaxed about stuff like that normally.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’d cut it down, must be someone with a very short head tube who would want it. How long is it below the line?

br
    Free Member

Keep them and hang on the wall with a note saying:

“Next time I’m too lazy to get my multi-tool out, remember”

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Did you sneak into my house and take that photo? Got a set of Rebas in a very similar condition that I’m not sure what to do with.

Cheezpleez

I did that to a set of Exotics. Rode them for honks without any problems. But with a face like mine I don’t have much to lose 😉

Northwind

It’s hard to see how deep it is… Unless it’s seriously deep I’d be tempted to change headsets (to get the races away from the worn bit) and carry on… but it’s your face!

xiphon
    Free Member

I bought a pair of 36s with damage like that a few years ago – still going strong to this day!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Steerer Damage – Use or bin?’ is closed to new replies.