Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Steel roady – drawing a blank…
  • oxym0r0n

My wish list (which in true STW style I expect to be questioned!):

– Steel
    – Tapered head-tube to take carbon forks
    – English threaded BB
    – Slightly sloping top-tube
    – 56cm frame

Ideally, >450, <1000
    Disc or calliper (not quite decided!)
    Ideally Blue!

Looked at: Cotic, Enigma, 18Bikes, Salsa, Soma, Condor, Surly, Ritchey, Genesis, Charge, Shand, Planet X…

Enigma Elite comes closest to what I want, but a bit spendy – just want a mid-market 853 type frame (i.e. updated X or Salsa Colossal with threaded BB)

Anything else I should be looking at?

everyone
    Free Member

I’d go with the Ritchey but that’s purely because I have a soft spot for them! It doesn’t come in blue though.

nickc

The salsa, embrace change, you’ve nothing to fear from PF30 bb 🙂

oxym0r0n

Ritchey might be the front runner – bit worried the 55 might be too small, but it does have a 5mm longer ETT than my 56 day 1…

oxym0r0n

The salsa, embrace change, you’ve nothing to fear from PF30 bb

😯

bencooper
    Free Member

£1000 would get you a handbuilt one from me, assuming you don’t want ultra-posh tubing…

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Rourke & get exactly what you need? You’d just have to wait a bit for it

fenboy

condor acciaio fits into that £799 f+f for another £100 you can have it custom coloured

oxym0r0n

condor acciaio fits into that

I saw that but a bit worried about the sizing on that (55 might be a bit small?)

Ben – I presume that is just the frame, so will need to factor on fork cost… I might be in touch

theteaboy
    Free Member

Does it need to be new?

I’m beginning to think that I have too many bikes and may consider selling my beautiful 56 steel Felt F4130 with 105 and a Fizik Arione replacing the silly retro saddle.

Like this:

bencooper
    Free Member

Ben – I presume that is just the frame, so will need to factor on fork cost… I might be in touch

Aye, frame only, sorry…

Spud

If had myself booked into Rourke for a custom 953 (40th pressie) but have delayed it as it would have been November before I got it. I’m hardly riding presently due a multitude of factors so will reconsider come the autumn. Anyway build time is 6-7 months.

oxym0r0n

That’s useful info spud, thanks

Teaboy – doesn’t have to be new but I am a bit picky about finishing components – felt doesn’t really do it for me I’m afraid

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Steel roady – drawing a blank…’ is closed to new replies.