• This topic has 27 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by barbs.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Stanton Switch9er……?
  • Shackleton

So, Stanton posted some tasty teaser pics of their upcoming agro 29er, the Switch9er,  a while back but since then have been silent.

Anyone know anything more?

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Also interested in seeing more details.

Shackleton

Guessing they are keeping their cards close to their chest even though it was meant to be up for pre-order in Ti a few weeks ago……………….

GolfChick
    Free Member

Saw it at the hardtail shindig thing that happened at FoD well over a month ago, it was extremely nice looking!

squealer
    Free Member

I emailed Stanton about this 2 weeks ago – the ti version.

I had a very nice reply back and basically you can preorder them now by emailing Stanton and they’re expecting the first delivery of frames late Feb/ early March. They said a few are already preordered so to get in quick before they sell out.

They also send me all the geo details if you want them.

barbs
    Free Member

Also interested.  They told me they would be drawing up the steel version in a couple of weeks 🙂

Shackleton

Good news on a steel frame.

Squealer – any chance you could put the geometry  up for a large?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I think they may still be ummming and ahhhhing about th steel version; certainly no work on one yet but I guess the full suss is taking up a fair amount of time. From wha I’ve heard, the Ti pre-orders have gone well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tick (in case it starts working one day)

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

16.5 & 18″ frames.

64 degree HA with a 140mm fork.

STA 73 degree

ETT 600mm

Reach 435mm

Stack 622mm

WB 1188mm

BB Drop 58mm

Those are for the 16.5″ frame

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

18″:

HA 64 deg

SA 73 deg

reach 451

stack 631

WB 1208

BB drop 58

coomber
    Free Member

451mm reach? That’s surprisingly short.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Dan (Stanton) doesn’t think it’s right to give hardtails a long reach, he explains why in this wee interview (look further down interview underneath full suss images)

Steel is Real frame builders: Dan Stanton of Stanton bikes

coomber
    Free Member

Interesting interview, and it’s good that the question was posed to him and answered well. I can’t say I agree from personal experience, but then I’ve never ridden a stanton to compare.

The finish on that full susser looks so good.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m not convinced that full sus pic is real. I think it could be a rendered image.

the00
    Free Member

<i>L</i>ove the look of these.

Rik
    Free Member

Is it correct Stanton only offer a 2 year warranty on their Titanium frames?

In in a world where Titanium frames usually come with a lifetime or at least 10 year warranty – very strange for something so expensive

tdog
    Free Member

Kingdom might be a more viable option fir you then . 🙂

psycorp
    Free Member

Is it correct Stanton only offer a 2 year warranty on their Titanium frames?

In in a world where Titanium frames usually come with a lifetime or at least 10 year warranty – very strange for something so expensive

Doesn’t show much faith in the frame builder/product if that’s true.

My word this new forum is crap.

Rik
    Free Member

Frame Warranty. Due to our high manufacturing standards we offer a two year Manufacturer’s Fault’s Warranty with every frame.

Taken from their website – £1850 for a frame and only a 2 year warranty…..,,.

andybrad

too expensive imo.

looks lush though

cokie

Frame Warranty. Due to our low manufacturing standards we offer a two year Manufacturer’s Fault’s Warranty with every frame.

That’s what it sounds like to me when offering only 2 years on such an expensive product.

Presumably these frames are made in a generic Asian warehouse that build other Ti/steel frames, you’d think they could match their lifetime warranty.

Either way, love the way it looks and wish Stanton all the best. Big fan!

Rik
    Free Member

Sure they are top quality frames, and I think I read somewhere that Stanton have had zero failures since they started selling Ti frames.

But if that’s the case why not back it up with a better warranty esp. as their pricing puts them at the top end for Taiwanese made Ti

trickydisco
    Free Member

ignore me.. i’m an idiot i posted the same photos from the news story (took mine from instagram)

cokie

Just noticed this…

Dan has hired a full time welder and a painter, and the company’s Matlock facility has increased its floor space significantly…entirely UK-manufactured frame

Commendable! Well done Dan. Makes the price more understandable. They managed to do what Cy struggled with. Hopefully they can make it work.

sparkyrhino

Looks great, same colour as my first car

barbs
    Free Member

So did anyone on here pick up one of these in the first batch?  Thoughts?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Switch9er……?’ is closed to new replies.