Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stanton Slackline
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi

Stanton have got a sale on and well, it’s the start of the darker months so I am spending too much time in front of a keyboard, with idle hands. So looking for feedback from the Stanton fans.

Currently have a (non-boost) Bird AM hardtail with some decent 27.5 Mavic wheels and 150mm Pikes. It is on 2.5 Maxxis front & rear.

I am 6ft 2 and looking at the above in the 19.5 size. The Geo looks quite similar to me: Bird Frame details

I previously had a 26 Bfe which I did like, but was just short; I remember it rode very well. Honestly, will a steel feel a lot nicer than my Aluminium bike? I am trying to find reasons to justify making the swop.

Gunz
    Free Member

I can’t vouch for any real difference between Al and steel (I suspect I wouldn’t be able to tell) but I do love my Slackline. I came to it from a pretty ancient Cove Handjob so I was suddenly exposed to all the modern frame advances in one fell swoop and it initially went downhill faster than my brain could keep up. I can’t recommend it enough for a hardtail and we all know steel frames look better if that sways you.

pickle
    Free Member

The Slackline is their best frame in my opinion, had a couple and still have a gen 3 frame.
    I’m 6′ 1″ and if I was you I’d try an 18″ rather than the 19.5. I’ve had both and the 19.5 is a bit of a gate.

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought a s/h Stif Squatch – it’s absolutely stunning in terms of ride quality and I’d say deffo worth a look…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.