Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stan's or Joe's?
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

Is there any reason why Stan’s is almost double the price?

I’m sick of punctures, especially pinch flats but not sure which kit to go for. Is Stan’s worth the extra money? Or are they much the same?

Stan’s

Joe’s

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve used Stan’s since about 2005 and swear by it! A pint easily lasts me a year for one bike, adding an ounce per tire about once a month during riding season.

I have never seen or used Joe’s, but If I found it available, I’d just have to try it only because of the name…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve used both. Both are better than just latex in a bottle. Joes is better than JRA wheel milk, stans is better than joes. Stans lasts longer and seals better.

Duffer
    Free Member

No experience with Stans, i’m afraid. But i started using Joes three years ago, and i’m happy to report that i’ve never had to perform a trailside puncture repair. Even through the late summer/early autumn hedge-cutting season.

A pint easily lasts me a year for one bike, adding an ounce per tire about once a month during riding season

Either i’m doing something wrong, or you’re a little eager! I filled my tubes up three years ago, and that’s how they’ve stayed ever since! I changed the tires on one of my bikes last year, so i let them down for that, but the sealant remained untouched.

Just be aware not to let any get into the valve – seems obvious, but i learned the hard way…

Joes, for me!

ruscle
    Free Member

Only problem with these kits is you have to remove the whole thing to fit a tube if you get a puncture which won’t seal. I use and rate as the best the bontrager symetrical tubeless rim strips and their tubeless valves. Their £4 each so cheaper and work with loads of rims and if you get a difficult puncture just remove the valve. Also much lighter, don’t use their sealant as no good get either joe’s or stans.

Duffer
    Free Member

Only problem with these kits is you have to remove the whole thing to fit a tube if you get a puncture which won’t seal

I think i’ve misunderstood the OP. I was referring to the sealant you fill your tubes with….

eshershore
    Free Member

from what I understand from industry sources, Joes and Stans sealant come from the same supplier

rim strips are slightly different in that Stans has a much wider range available?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Sorry I should have made it clear that I was after the whole kit 🙂

Looks like I will be going for Joe’s then as there doesn’t seem to be much difference from what you guys have said 🙂

Cheers everyone.

tazzymtb

for some reason I’ve found that Joes seals better than stans when it’s really cold. Now using effetto CaffeLatex and that seems top banana as well, certainly helps make the tyre inflate quickly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stan's or Joe's?’ is closed to new replies.