Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stan’s Neo Hub – specific bearings?
  • guandax
    Free Member

The bearings on my front wheels are on there way out. Stan’s Arch Mk3 with a Neo hub. Stan’s manual says it takes 6902’s, but also says “while Stan’s Notubes bearings are a standard size, they feature a machined groove on the inner race to aid in axle sleeve location and must be used in Neo series front hubs”. Section 2.2, page 7 of https://www.notubes.com/pub/media/wysiwyg/EIS_010_NEO_INTERACTIVE_HUB_SERIES_MANUAL_1.pdf

Anyone come across this? Can’t find any Stan’s 6902 in stock anywhere in the UK and tempted to just go with standard bearings!

nickjb
    Free Member

Has the centre spacer got a little step on the end to mate with a groove on the bearing? I guess it keeps the spacer central for putting the axle in. You can certainly live without it, lots of hubs are like that. I suspect you would need to file the step off though as it’ll be too long if there is no groove on the bearing.

binman

How did you get on @guandax ?

coatesy
    Free Member

Paligap are showing 2 in stock, not sure if they sell to the public, but most bike shops will have an account with them.

guandax
    Free Member

@binman – managed to source Stan’s original bearings but haven’t changed them yet as the current ones aren’t terrible and haven’t worsened much lately. Good to have them in the bag (shed) ready!

binman

@guandax do they look visibly different to the normal bearing ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.