Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stans iron cross rim opinions?
  • gee
    Free Member

Hi

I’m torn between rebuilding my cross wheels with another set of Crests or the new Iron Cross.

The bike gets a fair hammering off road on pretty much all the usual Surrey Hills trails. I ride down drops on it. Don’t want the iron cross to just collapse or bend?

Anyone used them?

GB

eddie11
    Free Member

From what I can see iron cross is a restickered alpine so it’s definitely a robustness level below crests. If you race I’d say iron cross but for knocking about stick with what you know, crests.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I know that there is a young female rider (like 13?) who rides on them in CX races and her father swears by them (bike mechanic and frame designer).

The only other experience is the guy I saw at the 3 peaks who had his land cruisers blow clean off his rims on the first gravel section, was unnerving, most likely a human error, not a stans one!

I remember seeing here the cross section of the 340, 400 and the iron cross. Might help you make a decision.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

that comparison is old 340, new 340 and new 400, the iron cross is about 3mm wider again (and is a 29er alpine rim)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stans iron cross rim opinions?’ is closed to new replies.