Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stagg dynamite chilli…
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

Blimey, that’s got an unexpected kick to it! I’ll eat curries as hot as you like but this is something else!

Was forced to buy tea from the local shop tonight (bad point 1 – miles from anywhere) with £3 (bad point 2 – left my wallet at home) and the choice was dubious at best. Bought a tin of this an some Uncle Bens expecting it to be fairly boring…

I’m currently just having a “rest”.

If anyone has any other taste sensations in a can, let me know for next time!

Rockplough
    Free Member

Some unfortunate friends of mine bought a couple of tins during a cycle camping trip through the hebrides. Even mixed with a can of baked beans it was almost inedible. Left the other tin on the hostel’s ‘free food’ shelf for the next poor mug.

chvck
    Free Member

These are one of my few dirty allowances…they taste pretty crap but I’m slightly addicted to the kick! As you say somehow hotter in a different way to curry…can eat a vindaloo happily enough but these really make me sweat!

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

Its in the morning you will really appreciate its explosive qualities. 😯

aphex_2k
    Free Member

(Wait ’til he tries the extra spicy monster munch)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Would it be good for a drunken mate?

alexpalacefan

Weaklings

A

chvck
    Free Member

I think it hits all the drunken food boxes….you can’t be sure what those chunks of “meat” are and it’s stupidly hot.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve just eaten it and it’s nowhere near my vindaloo. Piece of cake. Spicy – yes, hot – not really.

stumpy01

One of my favourite quick camping meals – along with some rice….

DOn’t ever remember it being that hot though…..

terrahawk
    Free Member

It’s great smeared all over a hot dog 😉

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Don’t go confusing the regular Stagg Chilli with the hot stuff, they’re not even remotely the same!

I’ll def be having it again though, weird and hot yet strangely and morbidly moreish…

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve just had another plate of it, nice and nothing more.

AndyP
    Free Member

you went to buy tea, and came back with chili? Stagg chili is nice but really doesn’t hit the spot when one fancies a nice cuppa

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Yep, tea – used to describe an evening meal which is undeserving of being called dinner! You know it’s tea when it includes any of the following: stuff from a can, being served on toast or a sense of disappointment even though you knew it was going to be pretty bad.

Dinner on the other hand is an altogether more sophisticated affair… 😉

chvck
    Free Member

strangely and morbidly moreish…

That is the best analogy of stagg dynamite that I’ve ever heard!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stagg dynamite chilli…’ is closed to new replies.