Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • St Lucia – Tinker Trail?
  • AlasdairMc

I’m heading over for a fortnight in November, and I’ve been permitted some biking days, and I found out about the Tinker trail (named after Tinker Juarez).

Anyone ridden it? Is it worth 90 mins drive each way, other than to tick off another country to have ridden a bike in?

Fat-boy-fat

Done it. Wasn’t hugely impressed to be honest. Poor quality hire bikes and a fairly technical trail. It is also very short. Apart from the pushing up (it is steep), you’re down in about 20 minutes from memory. Not worth the drive in my opinion but I had to “tick the box” when I was there.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Had our honeymoon there.

1. Don’t do the “snuba” diving. My cylinder ran out of oxygen under water 5 metres down and they had zero **** to give..’why can I see stars and my.legs feel heavy….)

2. Avoid the roads 🙂 they’re all stoned and driving. We got a chopper back to the airport after our taxi shuttle driver fell asleep at the wheel due to too much ganja. The hotel also had zero **** to give (sandals?).

We did the offroad sedgeway thing which was great and had some funky rum on the beach. Boat ride to the mountain thing was decent. Sit on top kayaking nice too.

Garry_Lager

The trail is tiny, really – you’d need to be desperately in need of a biking fix (and go with very low expectations) to drive 90 mins to it.
    It is quite cool biking in a jungle, and there’s a very steep climb, but there’s so little of it.

Surely there’s some good road biking to be done there?

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Tinker Trail-don’t bother. Have a nice walk there instead. It’s a hot horrible push fest. Hire bikes are crap. Lovely view from top though-take some cacao pods with you for energy!
    I wouldn’t ride a bike in St Lucia at all. The locals overtake on blind corners as a matter of habit.

AlasdairMc

Thanks all. I think I’ll avoid it based on the reviews here.

dantsw13

Colleagues of mine have been robbed by machete wielding crack-heads whilst riding in St L. Also the roads are appalling and the drivers lunatics. It’s the one layover I never take my bike on.

Enjoy what the Caribbean does well – beaches & watersports.

andy4d

Went there on honeymoon (jolly bay IIRC) and we both hated the place, very little to do outside the complex. Our friends love the Caribbean, just didn’t do it for us.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘St Lucia – Tinker Trail?’ is closed to new replies.