Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • SSEC 2011
  • MrSparkle

Looking forward to this one. Anyone else who’s going – what have you done re travel/health insurance? I just realised that my European Health Insurance Card had expired so I renewed it online but what else should I have?

Keef
    Free Member

silly bike ?…….

tollah
    Free Member

I’ve got Dogtag multi trip extreme insurance.
    Shouldn’t need it for SSEC as I’ll not be using a bike, what’s the point? You’ll get 4th place regardless.

cynic-al
    Free Member

not need a bike?

niche beyond all hitherto known earthly niche-ness!

bungie
    Free Member

Going with the Narth Yarkshire crew! Haven’t thought about insurance yet, not planning on needing it, but then again?

tazzymtb

Haven’t thought about insurance yet, not planning on needing it,

I’d get some

drink enough beglian beer and you may well end up in the Rue d’Aerschot in a mankini having been used as come sponge in a “speciality” club 😯

Having said that, you Yarkshire boys will probably be used to that given your normal antics

bungie
    Free Member

Heyup Taz, Are you signed up?

Keef
    Free Member

Taz-

‘the voice of experience’

😆

bungie
    Free Member

Them there luxemburger, frenchy, jerry, hollander, Belguiques don’t know what’s coming their way when the Narth Yarkshire crew land! 4th place for our leader Stumpy Yoda! None of that bollocksy nichenes up our way!

tazzymtb

no 🙁

I’m saving myself for racing against gearie boys (I’ve given up booze and everyfink)

First dedicated SS event this year will be the worlds in August, then I’m planning on getting sooooo drunk I wee myself at SSUK.
    I may lay off the absinthe though, last years ssuk course was “interesting” once the depth perception had run off due to a hipflask full of 80% stuff 🙄

Blackhound

Did not realise that the euro health insurance card had limited life span. Just had to renew mine.

Still not sorted my Eurostar ticket.

singlespeedstu

Seen as Tazz isn’t going i think you boys will all be safe from catching any SSTD*’s so you won’t need any healeth insurance.

*Single Speed Transmited Diseases.

charliedontsurf

Eurostar has limited space for bikes and is looking very full already but that won’t bother me…

Solitude Alex and I are riding all the way there: Dorset, Portsmouth , le havre . French places. . Belgium places.

None of this sissy eurostar sell out shite for us. Just spinning like idiots for five days. Camping rough and stopping at bars.

It should made clear that Sheldon accepted the “let’s ride there next year” beer tent challenge but seems to be using a car!!!!! Not putting the boot in just saying that when you’re slapped round the face with a gauntlet (stinky xc glove) you should ride, not mince. 😉

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

in a mankini having been used as come sponge in a “speciality” club

Come sponge???

😕 😕 😕

That freaked me out!!!

tazzymtb

😀

stumpynya12
    Free Member

OH GREAT !!! A whole month to go and the freak club are getting excited about their ride on the idiot bus to niche land. God help the poor poor Belgiums and as for the “Yarkshire Boys” well ? I do believe they have sheep feather come sponges in there wash bags for those special moments 8)

thekingofsweden

Belgiums ! Only a naaaarthanher could say that priceless 😉

tollah
    Free Member

Guilty as charged.

Blackhound

Just booked the Eurostar each way – will spin my way from Brussels avoiding any dodgy looking sponges….

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’m going. Only I’m not camping anywhere near them *points*

In the event of a crash, I’ve made arrangements for my remains to be repatriated.

MrSparkle

Anybody else getting a bit giddy? Need to start thinking about what to take.
    Bike.
    Bike gear.
    Some clothes.
    Some food.
    Some beer.
    Some money.
    Tent.
    Sleeping bag.
    Er…

tollah
    Free Member

Cheese.

singlespeedstu

Don’t forget to pack some extra attention.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

It’s gonna be ace!

D0NK

more beer
    sense of humour 🙂
    change of pants if you’re gonna get too excited 🙂

tollah
    Free Member

I’ve got some of last years prizes just arrived this am to take!

MrSparkle

The Tandem of Doom isn’t coming this time…

Cheese.

Check.

Keef
    Free Member

just been an filled up the mincer bus with diesel,£80 ! might just get there on that,cheese and olive purchase set for later,three of us cannock lot comming,see you all there !

franki
    Free Member

Best of luck Keefy! (And everyone else.)

singlespeedstu

MrSparkle – Member

The Tandem of Doom isn’t coming this time…

No not for you MrSparkle. For tollah.

There won’t be enough natural attention for him so you’ll all need to take a bit extra for him. 😆

sofaking
    Free Member

There won’t be enough natural attention for him so you’ll all need to take a bit extra for him.

I think the EU have redirected some of the over ordered attention from the royal wedding to belgium for the weekend

Keef
    Free Member

Mincer bus broke 🙁

new arrangements made ! we’ll still get there 😀

tazzymtb

have a great weekend of drinking booze and riding silly bikes.

MrSparkle
    darrell
    Free Member

I’ve got a car ride – a plane – another plane – a train – another train – a wait until a mate from Zurich passes by Yvoir train station – a short ride to the event. Going tomorrow so i can have a hangover on Friday and be perfectly ready

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm BEER

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member
    darrell
    Free Member

and waterproof knickers

markenduro
    Free Member

Just throwing my kit together now, going on the tunnel first thing in the morning. I have some locally brewed marstons owd roger and some oyster stout to trade for other non-sensible beers, not sure there will be enough room in the car for mrs markenduro 😀
    Looks like the weather will make conditions interesting.

MrSparkle

Bikes loaded.

MrSparkle

We’re back. What a fantastic weekend! Brilliant riding, superb weather, good company and Belgian beer. God bless Bruno and the Belgian brewers!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘SSEC 2011’ is closed to new replies.