Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SS Upgrade over Inbred 29er
  • letmetalktomark

Idle Saturday morning musings …..

I have a SS specific Inbred 29er frame.

For the money it’s a cracking frame but …

If I was being picky, and I am, I would like it to have:

A 73mm BB
    More clearance out back
    Slightly longer TT ( I ride a 19.5″ with a layback post and a 90mm stem)
    A rear brake mount that isn’t inboard.
    Track dropouts again.

Frames like the Stooge are out of the question as as much as I’ve tried I cannot see it fitting.

Budget TBC but as it would also end up being by coffe/beer/shopping bike I can’t see me ending up with anything too bling.

Over to you 🙂

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Surly Come in big and tall dude get a troll or ogre 26″-29″ (delete as required) you won’t regret it had my ogre a year now and it’s the bike I grab every time even with it rigid forks

shermer75
    Free Member

What didn’t you like about the Stooge?

letmetalktomark

Sadly I don’t think the Stooge would fit without compromising its handling.

I’m not overly tall, 6′ 3″ but have gangly arms so need a long frame – I think I would need at least a 100mm stem and layback post on the Stooge, not good if they are designed for shorter stems.

Dan – I do like the KM and one I’d on the radar.

Clink – mmmm – off to google now 8)

MSP

SC highball.

Has “swinging” dropouts rather than trackends, but I find trackends about the worst solution to SS going. Not sure how the TT lengths compare.

Clink

I actually have a Stooge and a Superfly ss. Both great bikes. Stooge is built with 29+ front and dropper, Superfly 29 and lightweight. Superfly will take a 29+ plus front too. I actually prefer the ebb on the Stooge.

superstu
    Free Member

Karate Monkey would be good, my brother has one. Thought it was great when I used it. Mind I have an inbred which I love!

richardthird

Bit of a resurrection but anyone here gone from an Inbred 29 to Superfly SS? Might suit my mainly solo south downs blasting. I love the inbred but it’s a bit battered now and I’m tempted to build something up lighter.

I’m 75kgs and apart from the frameset (with the original OO carbon bladed fork) it’s a fairly light build on hope/crests.

On the other hand I don’t race so is there even any point!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SS Upgrade over Inbred 29er’ is closed to new replies.