• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by J.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram's X0,XX 10 speed grip shift
  • J
    Free Member

I have a degenerative muscle condition that is slowly getting worse and it is making shifting with conventional trigger shifters hard, most of the time needing to take my hand from the bars to push the trigger with the palm of my hand. I’ve done some reading on the web about the new grip shift and most of the reviews are very positive. My LBS doesn’t have any to look at and haven’t had a chance to give them a go either. Does anyone have and experience or opinions on these? How easy to use, feel of shifting, servicing etc. Thanks 🙂

seadragon
    Free Member

See link to my thread on this forum that is similar to yours, I started mine early this week and you can see responses to my questions. Hopefully this will help.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trigger-shifter-vs-twist-views-appreciated-please

DanW
    Free Member

I would imagine if you are ok holding the grips then gripshift would be fine. Shifting is faster and crisper than with triggers and it is highly unlikely you would ever have to service them or fix anything. Simple, reliable and snappy would be my opinion but others may disagree 😀

J
    Free Member

Thanks guys.
    I’ll check that other thread out, thanks seadragon.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I have some xx ones and love them but I’ve always liked then
    I do hope they don’t go wrong as unlike the simple old ones these have lots of stuff inside them
    But only ridden about a dozen times with them so far.

J
    Free Member

thanks orangeboy. I’m going to try and find some to put my hands around the shifting section to see if the diameter is not too big, it looks kinda chunky. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram's X0,XX 10 speed grip shift’ is closed to new replies.