Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SRAM rotors not contacting 100% of Uber pad surface?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Has anyone had an issue with Uber pads and SRAM Code R brakes and 200mm Centreline front rotor combo? This is on a Trek Slash. I havent changed the set up, only switching out the original pads for Uber Race.

Now that the front pad is nicely worn, I can see the rotor isnt quite reaching the top of the pad and has left a large ridge. The rotor is definitely 200m and the Post adaptor is +20mm, so that seems correct from Trek. The calliper is the direct mount type, it sits directly on the mount, so no issues there – ie it has accidentally been spaced out by washers.

It looks like a 203mm rotor would fit better, either that, or the Uber pads dont quite align the way they should. I’m going to put the original SRAM pads back in and see if a similar ridge appears. But just wondered if anyone else had had similar issues?

Cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the Post adaptor is +20mm

Is it a SRAM one? I’ve found some odd combos where things just don’t line up so either have to add shims or search through the pile of old adpapers to find one that actually fits.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I assume it’s SRAM, came fitted to the bike. Offering up the Uber pad vs a SRAM one, it is possible that they are a slightly different size. No issues on the rear though

MrSparkle

SRAM rotors not contacting 100% of Uber pad surface?

Other way round Shirley?

Tracey

We are running 3 sets of Guide REs which have the Code caliper and one set of Code RSCs all with SRAM 200mm Centerline rotors. All have Race Matrix pads fitted

Forks are Lyriks and Pikes Did have some 36s fitted up to last week which have now had a swap round.

Using the standard SRAM mounts with no problems. All the pads have even wear on them

DickBarton

I had that on my front brake – have replaced rotor and pads (rotors were needing done anyway) and they contact on the new setup seems to be better.

I hadn’t noticed it on the first, second or third set of pads, but the last set definitely had a lip – it looked like I hadn’t worn the pads down, but when I removed them the bit that wasn’t lipped was well worn. Can’t explain why the first 3 sets of pads wore evenly and this last set didn’t.

New setup is a thicker SRAM rotor and the same pads – Uberbike Race Matrix pads – they appear to have a better contact area.

damascus
    Free Member

The rotor is definitely 200m and the Post adaptor is +20mm, so that seems correct from Trek. The calliper is the direct mount type, it sits directly on the mount, so no issues there – ie it has accidentally been spaced out by washers.

Is the adapter the right way round?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

OP – Fox fork?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Lyrik fork. The adaptor is the correct way around, that was my first check!

I’ll try some other Uber pads, I’ve got 8 sets with me, so hopefully some will work.

But thinking of upgrading to some HS2 rotors in any case, the Centreline ones are complaining a lot on the local trails (we’re in Meribel)

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Other way round Shirley?

….true that, I’d change the title of the post if I could

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

But thinking of upgrading to some HS2 rotors in any case, the Centreline ones are complaining a lot on the local trails (we’re in Meribel)

I switched to shimano rotors as I wasn’t convinced all the cut outs were helping with braking power, which conveniently are 3mm bigger too so the calipers needed shimming out slightly.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Any issues with the thickness of shimano rotors?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No, they worked just fine.

Unless they’re very freshly bled with new pads I can’t see why anyone finds a difference with different rotor thicknesses, the whole point of open hydraulic systems is they self adjust to differing rotor/pad thicknesses.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.