Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SRAM GXP BB Bearing replacements ??
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

Finally the sram gxp ceramic bearings have started to fail after being regularly greased, got 3 years out of them.
    Does anyone do a replacement either ceramic or stainless & can the bearings be removed easily ?

I’ve a Hope ceramic BB in the other bike and don’t want to lash out on this one so replacement is preferred.

Cheers

simon1975

I stumbled on this one recently https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/uberbike-bottom-bracket-ceramic-68-73mm-red-truvativ-sram-gxp-mtb-road-compatible but I’ve no idea if it’s any good. Bearings can be replaced – steel or ceramic options

xyeti
    Free Member

I replaced a standard GXP bottom bracket 6 Months ago, it took 250 miles to bed in? That’s 245 miles more than I’ve ever had from a Race Face BB.

Because the bike doesn’t really stand me at much I was hell bent on a Chris King one but for reasons too complicated I had to pass up on this and then the Hope one became more complicated than life itself so I went like for like replacement.

The crux of my problem was something to do with my Crank set, SRAM Force?

Its done well over 1K miles and shows no sign of creakage, I might pop the seals off and pack it out with some Rock n Roll grease for the monsoon season.

honourablegeorge

A hope stainless one with a GXP adapter?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I stumbled on this one recently https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/uberbike-bottom-bracket-ceramic-68-73mm-red-truvativ-sram-gxp-mtb-road-compatible but I’ve no idea if it’s any good. Bearings can be replaced – steel or ceramic options

Yeah, I’ve got one of those on the winter bike. Seems pretty good to me and went through a lot of miles/rubbish weather before I replaced the bearings a couple of months ago. Fairly simple task to drift out the old bearings and replace with nice new ones. Even with my cobbled together bits of old wood and socket wrenches.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SRAM GXP BB Bearing replacements ??’ is closed to new replies.