Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SRAM eTap AXS?
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m thinking of moving to electric shifting on my gravel/road bike. I quite like the looks of the eTap AXS stuff, specifically the 1x Force stuff but I’ve got a couple of questions I can’t find answers for.

Can you run the AXS eTAp as 11 speed ot is it 12 speed only?

With the 12 speed, do you need the 12 speed chain and chainring or can you use 11 speed?

Will the 12 speed chains work with an 11 speed (Force CX1) chainring?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

smogmonster

12 speed only.
    12 speed chain.
    No….

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Bugger.

Time for plan B, whatever that may be.

But thanks for that 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Or go 11spd eTap and don’t fit the front mech. Limited to a 32 at the back though.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Or go 11spd eTap and don’t fit the front mech. Limited to a 32 at the back though.

That’s probably going to be plan B.

As much as I like Di2, my frame isn’t fully internally routed for it si it would mean running the rear wire under the chainstay and I don’t much fancy that.

I’m surprised that there’s no better deals around on the 11 speed eTap, it’s no cheaper than it was when I bought some a couple of years back for a previous bike.

mboy
    Free Member

I’m surprised that there’s no better deals around on the 11 speed eTap, it’s no cheaper than it was when I bought some a couple of years back for a previous bike.

Because AXS has moved the price on so much, the 11spd eTap now looks like remarkably good value by comparison! I’ve been tempted again, I must admit…

mattbee

I ran a Di2 wire externally under my chainstay from bb to rear mech, just covered it in a strip of helitape and it was absolutely fine for nearly 3 years of use in all weathers. Ran it underneath, just a small cable tie at either end over the helitape to stop it pulling loose and it was barely noticeable.

cakeandcheese

The new flat top chains are the main reason I’d buy it. They look ace.

I’m a tart 😞

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SRAM eTap AXS?’ is closed to new replies.