Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Sram Eagle GX
  • cleetonator

Google* the title of this thread.
    Second result.
    Also here

Lets speculate away,

Cheap(er) 1×12 for the masses?

2018 product release?

*other search engines are available

chrismac

2018 spec. I read it will be OEM only for 2018 but I dont suppose it will be long before you can buy it aftermarket

honourablegeorge

You can already spec it on the new SC Nomad

bennyboy1
    Free Member

GX Eagle 1×12 was specc’d on the SC Nomad 4 Carbon C bike builder the other day but now removed.

enigmas
    Free Member

I saw some leaked photos on pinkbike before they were taken down. As above it’s 1×12 with the same range as X01, just at a cheaper price point.

Announcement must be very soon with production parts floating around and ibis/santa cruz both displaying it on their builders.

Makes you wonder what shimano are going to have to bring out to compete!

wrecker
    Free Member

Maybe they won’t bother. As much as I love the XX1 on my bike, when I need to replace the cassette, chain and chainring, I’ll be considering XT if I keep in mind the cost of a XX1 derailleur. The price disparity is very hard to ignore, and I’m sure others will think the same.

Kahurangi

They will release a front derailleur that you can operate with the power of your mind.

honourablegeorge

wrecker – Member

Maybe they won’t bother. As much as I love the XX1 on my bike, when I need to replace the cassette, chain and chainring, I’ll be considering XT if I keep in mind the cost of a XX1 derailleur. The price disparity is very hard to ignore, and I’m sure others will think the same.

Surely a GX cassette then? Lighter than XT, keeps the 10t and no change of freehub, for pretty much the same cost as XT. I think they last much better than XT too.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m running GX cassette with XT mech and shifter on my newest build, best of both worlds.

No great urge to go 12sp, seen a few references to Eagle’s finnicky set-up recently.

mboy
    Free Member

2018 spec. I read it will be OEM only for 2018 but I dont suppose it will be long before you can buy it aftermarket

I guess someone who should know better was telling me porkies then? 😉

Lets speculate away,

Do you need to speculate? Surely it’s a bit “Ronseal” isn’t it?

Cheap(er) 1×12 for the masses?

Surely not? 😉

mboy
    Free Member

No great urge to go 12sp, seen a few references to Eagle’s finnicky set-up recently.

Only slightly more so than 11spd SRAM. BUT… Once setup correctly, it’s fantastic! Shifts are slicker than with 11spd, and believe the hype over the cassette and chain longevity, seriously! BIG thumbs up from me on that respect…

wrecker
    Free Member

believe the hype over the cassette and chain longevity, seriously! BIG thumbs up from me on that respect…

How many miles have you put on it?

Surely a GX cassette then?

Thanks! I’ll look into that.

rs
    Free Member

I’m running GX cassette with XT mech and shifter on my newest build, best of both worlds.

Ha, I’m running the opposite, FML!

sillyoldman

They will release a front derailleur that you can operate with the power of your mind.

They pretty much already have that with Di2….

mboy
    Free Member

How many miles have you put on it?

About 600 so far, so less than the factory Jackson review, but sill on the original chain and it’s nowhere near stretched to 0.75% yet! Cassette looks almost new!

Put that into context with 11spd X1 and X01 I’ve also been running, been lucky to get 350-400 miles per chain (sometimes less).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well my 11sp GX has done 3,700km so far in all weathers, 4th chain now (one got mangled when I snapped a chain ring) so if the performance is like that I’m happy.
    Probably need a new jockey wheel in the mech but that is about it.
    If there is a good deal on eagle I’d probably move the 11 onto the second bike and put 12 on the main one.

v10
    Free Member

Talks of OEM only are frankly bollocks. 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Most of the original 11sp GX went OEM pre sold. Was actually a bit tricky to get it when it first came out.

chakaping
    Free Member

https://nsmb.com/articles/gx-eagle-has-landed/

USD prices and weights included

woodster

£170 and 450g for the new cassette.

Think I’ll stick to 11 speed.

v10
    Free Member

Full groupset SRP £425 (GXP Crank)

Chain £25
    Cassette £170
    Shifter (Grip or Trigger) £30
    Rear Mech £93
    GXP Crank £107
    BB30 Crank £123

£170 and 450g for the new cassette.

Same weight as an XT M8000 11-46…

lawman91
    tomhoward

First look on singletrack Facebook page (live video) now

ferrals
    Free Member

Same weight as an XT M8000 11-46.

but arent xt cassettes a third of the price!

chakaping
    Free Member

They’ll probably sell for closer to £100, but your point still stands.

ogden
    Free Member

It’ll be even better when CRC stock it and I can use BC discount

v10
    Free Member

Most of the original 11sp GX went OEM pre sold. Was actually a bit tricky to get it when it first came out.

Having penned the order for a good proportion of the UK aftermarket hopefully this wont be the case this time 😆

Northwind

Cassette weight is decent, real world sale price looks like it’ll be reasonable… Total win, really. I don’t really care about 12 speed, I just want the 10-50 range but unless Shimano wake up and do something unexpected, this’ll be on all my bikes I reckon

prawny

You certainly wouldn’t want to be running stretched chains on them but overall it’s quite reasonable. No need for me to swap now but might in the future.

russyh
    Free Member

So as a massive SRAM hater, but currently running X11 on my new bike. i am actually converted. Will be buying as soon as I can. Has the range i want at an acceptable price point. Be interested to know if the 50t alloy ring can be replaced when teeth wear/snap.

Northwind

prawny – Member

You certainly wouldn’t want to be running stretched chains on them but overall it’s quite reasonable.

I was pretty skeptical about expensive cassettes after years of £40 xt but they really do last better- in fact I don’t know how much better because I’ve not managed to wear out my X01 yet. I think it’s actually going to work out not much more expensive in the long run (and definitely cheaper than XT + an expander)

davosaurusrex

Just bought 11 speed parts, thinking of sending it back and waiting for this now….

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Be interested to know if the 50t alloy ring can be replaced when teeth wear/snap.

The casette is all steel .

ugarizza
    Free Member

Imagine if Bird got hold of this.

Would be pretty damn exciting.

russyh
    Free Member

The casette is all steel .

Not according to the singletrack video review and launch by will its all steel other than the 50t… or have I miss heard

chakaping
    Free Member

The big cog is aluminium.

It’ll all be pinned together as a single item, i believe

russyh
    Free Member

Knew I wasn’t going mad! Thanks

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I followed the OPs link and it says the casette is stamped steel pinned together .

russyh
    Free Member

Check here for more details. It’s 11 steel and 50t alloy

SRAM Trickles 1×12 Technology To GX Eagle

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Sram Eagle GX’ is closed to new replies.