Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • SRAM Code RSC
  • beer247
    Free Member

My Codes are driving me to the point of insanity!

I cannot get them to remain drag free!

I can get them to run with minimal drag in the bike stand (after the usual pad removal, push pistons back, check all pistons are moving, centre caliper etc.) but during a ride they start to drag again!

Am I being over sensitive and should just suck it up? Or is there another magic solution?

DickBarton

Mine are doing that but I think I slightly overfilled them with fluid so the reset position isn’t as far back as it was (no issues with that as I like a short throw anyway).

panzerjager
    Free Member

Are you bleeding them with the correct bleed block in place?
    Thats was the cause of my problems, once I’d got the correct block all was fine.
    Same as DickBarton said above, thinner block meant I was overfilling.

timbog160

Agreed sounds like bleed block – also might be worth pushing the pistons out as far as you dare – couple of pound coins or similar for safety – then giving them a really good clean, and lubing with a smidge of brake fluid…

A good tip for cleaning the pistons is to use a bit of garden twine soaked in brake fluid.

beer247
    Free Member

I’ve just procured the correct bleed block so may give them another bleed as suggested.

oikeith

I have SRAM code RSC and get the same issue after a few rides, I’ve had other SRAM brakes and Shimanos and always seem to get it after a few rides.

I just spin the wheel and look for wobbles in the disc brushing the pads, which is usually what has caused the drag, straighten the rotar and then do the loosen caliper, squeeze lever and tighten caliper trick. I have been looking and with ebikes you can now get thicker rotars now, I was going to pick some up see if this makes a difference.

beer247
    Free Member

Gave the pistons a good clean with string soaked in IPA (good tip timbog160) and spent some time pushing each piston in and out.

Still some rubbing but a marked improvement over how they were.

I got a little impatient and maybe didn’t exercise one as much as the others….

frogstomp

I got a little impatient and maybe didn’t exercise one as much as the others….

The piston release blocks from R3Pro are an absolute godsend for this!

julians
    Free Member

Thanks, ordered. I have faffed around in the past doing it manually, but that block thing looks just the ticket

beer247
    Free Member

I used a 10mm allen key and a small adjustable, but R3Pro tool looks like just the ticket!

Its another “why didn’t i think of that?” product!.

oikeith

@frogstomp
    sorry noob question, I assume this block lets the piston come out but not far enough for it to pop out onto the floor?

julians
    Free Member

, I assume this block lets the piston come out but not far enough for it to pop out onto the floor?

Correct, and importantly it holds all the other pistons back so the sticky one can be exercised

frogstomp

I assume this block lets the piston come out but not far enough for it to pop out onto the floor?

Yes, that’s right.

Its another “why didn’t i think of that?” product!.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve recommended it – I should be on commission!

Pauly

Great link! Bought one. Cheers

oikeith

Agreed, great link. Have ordered one and one of the caliper alignment tools too.

scruff
    Free Member

What replacement pads are people using? I don’t need more power but wouldn’t mind quieter pads that stock (these are newest version).
    Was thinking Uber semi metallic.

timbog160

I’ve pretty much gone back to organic pads as I couldn’t stand the noise of sintered or semi-metallic. I’m just running cheap organic ones off eBay – fine for most uses…

Also just spent a packet on that website…!!!!

DickBarton

Uber race matrix…seem to work very well. Haven’t noticed any noise, but I don’t pay attention so there may be some.and I’m just oblivious.

oikeith

Uber E Race Matrix on my analogue bike

flicker
    Free Member

Nice! ordered.

Thanks for that 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Code RSC’ is closed to new replies.