Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sram Code contact point adjuster stuck
  • bigwill
    Free Member

Can the hive mind help fix this one before I send them back.

Just bought a new bike and while I was checking it over I’ve noticed the contact point adjusters are stuck on both brakes and unable to rotate in both directions, yes I know I shouldn’t have got a bike with sram brakes but you live and learn, i bedded the pads in ran them a bit, gently tried a pair of pliers on them with cloth, nothing. but before I post them back does anyone know of any little technique to release them? Bleeding them maybe ?

timbog160

Do you mean the knurled wheel rather than the lever position adjuster? If so they can get a bit stuck if at the extreme of their travel. Maybe put a bit of lube in and try again (carefully with the pliers). Maybe try and wiggle back and forth to try to break them free rather than just one way pressure. Once they’ve had a bit of use they will probably be fine. Codes are great brakes in my experience…

nicknameless
    Free Member

If you are talking about code rsc then I found the contact adjuster dials stiff when I first had the brakes. They have freed up over time.

Fantastic brakes if a little fiddly to get right as the pads wear beyond the point where the adjusters are useful (need to advance pistons with wheel out).

julians
    Free Member

I have the same brake, you need to pull the lever slightly to take the pressure off the adjuster, thenn with the lever pulled slightly, turn the contact adjuster

bigwill
    Free Member

Many thanks will give those tips a go to release that adjuster wheel. Not ridden them in anger yet, but they seem to have plenty power very easy to pull an endo on the front.

philstone

@bigwill Did you fix this? I’ve just bought a pair of Code RSCs and one was slightly stuck but the other is stuck fast. I’d rather not have to send them back to Germany!!

DickBarton

Love mine…I don’t think the adjuster is right though…I think I need to rebleed and not reset the pistons…I can’t see why you’d want to adjust the pads out as they wear…otherwise the dial is permanently dialled with pads as close as possible.

bigwill
    Free Member

you know what I’d totally forgot. Ridden the bike 4-5 times and got used to the contact point. I’ve just check after reading your reply and still stuck solid. So maybe a bleed as and when. As for them as a brake. No complaints, really good stoppers. Except for this one little issue.

philstone

I tried a bleed last night but still no joy. Going to give it a week or so of riding before returning – hopefully it will coincide with my week skiing so I don’t miss out on any bike time..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sram Code contact point adjuster stuck’ is closed to new replies.